When I use the original cord that came with my Playbook to connect it to the electrical outlet to charge, the battery icon shows the charging symbol and the battery meter shows the percent charge is going up, but the LED light isn't flashing and I have to press the power button to put it to sleep, otherwise it won't go into standby mode while it's plugged in. I used to use the USB-to-microUSB cord that came with my BlackBerry Curve 3G to connect it to the computer and occasionally to charge it. Now it says when I plug that cord in that it can't charge with the connected source, whether I plug it into the outlet or my computer, and it doesn't seem to recognize the other USB-to-micro cord I've tried. Neither cord works to connect the Playbook to the computer. They both work fine with my phone. I haven't made any changes to the Playbook recently or damaged it. I changed the security settings to connect to Windows instead of detect automatically, made sure WiFi and Bluetooth were off, and tried it with developer mode both on and off. I've restarted it twice. The cord is plugged in properly, not upside down, and it's not loose, hot, etc.

I've tried to connect to the phone with the BlackBerry desktop software--it recognizes the Playbook and asks for my password, then goes to the screen showing the device information, and my computer tells me there's a Blackberry device connected, but it doesn't show up as an external storage device drive on My Computer and I can't access any of the files or make any changes--and with DDPB, which says it's connected but can't find any files to install (I've downloaded 2 BAR files, both of which I've used before on a previous Playbook and had no problems with). I have the latest version of the desktop software and it works perfectly with my phone, and I've got all the available updates for the Playbook OS and all the non-sideloaded apps. (I think the only thing I have sideloaded is Kindle, which I've had since I first got the Playbook. It's not working and hasn't been for months but my other Android Player apps are fine.)

Does anybody have any ideas or am I just screwed? It was a Christmas gift, so it's more than 90 days old and obviously I don't have the receipt anyway. The Playbook itself seems to work normally, no problems with the touch screen, speakers, buttons, headphone jack, or any of the apps except the Kindle one that was already not working, and it can connect to WiFi just fine (the only Bluetooth device I have is the keyboard, which has a dead battery, so I can't check that until I charge it).
    09-09-13 08:36 PM
    When I use the original cord that came with my Playbook to connect it to the electrical outlet to charge, the battery icon shows the charging symbol and the battery meter shows the percent charge is going up, but the LED light isn't flashing and I have to press the power button to put it to sleep, otherwise it won't go into standby mode while it's plugged in. I used to use the USB-to-microUSB cord that came with my BlackBerry Curve 3G to connect it to the computer and occasionally to charge it. Now it says when I plug that cord in that it can't charge with the connected source, whether I plug it into the outlet or my computer, and it doesn't seem to recognize the other USB-to-micro cord I've tried. Neither cord works to connect the Playbook to the computer. They both work fine with my phone. I haven't made any changes to the Playbook recently or damaged it. I changed the security settings to connect to Windows instead of detect automatically, made sure WiFi and Bluetooth were off, and tried it with developer mode both on and off. I've restarted it twice. The cord is plugged in properly, not upside down, and it's not loose, hot, etc.

I've tried to connect to the phone with the BlackBerry desktop software--it recognizes the Playbook and asks for my password, then goes to the screen showing the device information, and my computer tells me there's a Blackberry device connected, but it doesn't show up as an external storage device drive on My Computer and I can't access any of the files or make any changes--and with DDPB, which says it's connected but can't find any files to install (I've downloaded 2 BAR files, both of which I've used before on a previous Playbook and had no problems with). I have the latest version of the desktop software and it works perfectly with my phone, and I've got all the available updates for the Playbook OS and all the non-sideloaded apps. (I think the only thing I have sideloaded is Kindle, which I've had since I first got the Playbook. It's not working and hasn't been for months but my other Android Player apps are fine.)

Does anybody have any ideas or am I just screwed? It was a Christmas gift, so it's more than 90 days old and obviously I don't have the receipt anyway. The Playbook itself seems to work normally, no problems with the touch screen, speakers, buttons, headphone jack, or any of the apps except the Kindle one that was already not working, and it can connect to WiFi just fine (the only Bluetooth device I have is the keyboard, which has a dead battery, so I can't check that until I charge it).
    You have multiple issues here. First, the playbook has a one year warranty. It won't matter if you do not have the receipt just go to blackberry.com to register your device. Check out F2 on this thread. He posted all the contact information with BlackBerry.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...6/#post9139551
    Call the technical service for help. If it's hardware issue with your playbook , they are more than happy to repair or replace it for you with free express courier service.
    I would not recommend charging your playbook via usb to your computer. Especially if the battery is critically low on your playbook. Even the provided charger are not very powerful. I suggest getting a Travel Rapid Charger.
    there is a thread regarding the issue of your window pc cannot find your playbook when connected. I suggest you read through the thread if it's the similar issue you have.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ws-8-a-768615/
    Here's a thread regarding charging issues.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...issues-722647/
    Last edited by bambinoitaliano; 09-09-13 at 09:23 PM.
    09-09-13 09:07 PM
    When I use the original cord that came with my Playbook to connect it to the electrical outlet to charge, the battery icon shows the charging symbol and the battery meter shows the percent charge is going up, but the LED light isn't flashing and I have to press the power button to put it to sleep, otherwise it won't go into standby mode while it's plugged in.
    The LED shouldn't flash. As to not going into standby, that's something that should be controlled by the OS, so a security wipe should fix that> I doubt that it's a hardware problem.

I used to use the USB-to-microUSB cord that came with my BlackBerry Curve 3G to connect it to the computer and occasionally to charge it. Now it says when I plug that cord in that it can't charge with the connected source, whether I plug it into the outlet or my computer, and it doesn't seem to recognize the other USB-to-micro cord I've tried.
    Use the stock PB charger to charge it. As to it saying it can't charge when connected to your computer, that's normal.
    09-09-13 09:45 PM
    If all suggestions fail

The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected] (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    Smartphones BlackBerry Z10 - Tous les T�l�phones Portables BlackBerry - FR - France
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)

BlackBerry� Customer Support Center
    Austria:0800-297-476
    Belgium:800-77-980
    RIM (Brasil Support toll free number): 0800-022-3161
    Bulgaria: 00800-118-1115
    Denmark: 802-50198
    France: 800-914-533
    Germany: 800-181-6530
    Italy: 800-789-272
    Luxembourg: 800-2-2187
    Netherlands: 800-022-7316
    Norway: 00-1-647-426-7058
    Poland: 00-800-112-43-59
    Portugal: 800-827-760
    Russia: 8-800-100-9643
    South Africa: 0800988892
    Spain: 900-866-969
    Sweden: 02-079-4448
    Switzerland: 0-800-802-492
    United Kingdom: 08000962805

Phone-Numbers of BlackBerry PLAYBOOK- Helpdesks...

Germany: 0800 1816530 (Geb�hrenfrei)

North-America: 1 877 255 2377 (Toll Free)

UK: 0808 100 7466 (Toll Free UK only)

Outside UK: +44 1753 558400

Worldwide: 1 519 888 6181

[email protected]

(BTW: Helpdesk for BlackBerry devices -except PlayBook- for Germany:
    0180 3302626)
    09-09-13 10:37 PM