I have various albums in My Pictures. The photos that are in Camera Pictures and All Pictures do not transfer when I connect the Playbook. I have other albums in there - it's not important what I called them. And they transfer just fine. When I connect my Playbook to my computer, I have tried going into My Computer and looking in Photos. I thought I could copy them across to my computer that way. But again, I cannot see any album called Camera Pictures or All Pictures.

I can't remember how I got the other photos into their albums. I think I used File Manager or Air Browser.

I am wondering if someone can tell me how I can find Camera Pictures and All Pictures - or remind me how I might make another album and move them into THAT album and by that method transfer them to my PC.

Thanks if you can help.
    05-04-13 07:43 PM
    But again, I cannot see any album called Camera Pictures or All Pictures.
    When i'm connected via USB or Wifi to my PC I see a folder called camera and another called photos. Most of my pictures are in there. Some that I have downloaded from the net are in the downloads folder.
    How are going connecting the PB to PC? I would suggest USB or use the wifi file transfer.
    05-04-13 07:56 PM
    There are no "All Pictures Folders" or "Camera Pictures" folders on the Playbook.These are simply names that the Pictures app uses- "All Pictures" including all pics in your Photos folder, plus your Camera folder, and your Downloads folder, and maybe more. Similarly, the Camera folder holds all of the pics that will show as Camera Pictures in the Pictures app.
    05-04-13 09:20 PM
    Basically, the CAMERA pictures are the pictures you have shot with the pb's camera and maybe others that you may have moved there or perhaps, an Android app has placed there. The PICTURES app will find and show every picture on the pb whether they are in YOUR albums, the camera folder, jpg's that have album art, android apps' pictures.

Similarly, the VIDEOS app will find video formatted files in other folders, too. For instance, when I accidentally transferred short videos shot with my Canon Digital camera to a Vacation Album, they show up in the Video app when I open it. But unlike the Photos folder where subfolders show up as Albums, that is not the case with Videos. You can organize if you want TV, Movies, etc, but the Video app does not care about folders (whereas 3rd party Kalemsoft can use those folder arrangements)
    05-05-13 12:54 AM
    The PICTURES app will find and show every picture on the pb whether they are in YOUR albums, the camera folder, jpg's that have album art, android apps' pictures.
    I don't think that this is true. I think that you're thinking of the stock file browser, which does show all pics on your PB. The pictures app seems to only show pics in either the Camera, Downloads, or Photos folders. Thus, my "ALL Pictures" album shows a total of 489 pictures, while settings shows that I have a total of 846 pics on my PB.
    05-05-13 01:48 AM
    I don't think that this is true. I think that you're thinking of the stock file browser, which does show all pics on your PB. The pictures app seems to only show pics in either the Camera, Downloads, or Photos folders. Thus, my "ALL Pictures" album shows a total of 489 pictures, while settings shows that I have a total of 846 pics on my PB.
    You are probably right. Last night I remembered something shows every darn picture on my pb but even the All Pictures, has over 3,000 since I have that many in my various albums and loose items in the camera folder.
    05-05-13 09:46 AM
    I have various albums in My Pictures. The photos that are in Camera Pictures and All Pictures do not transfer when I connect the Playbook. I have other albums in there - it's not important what I called them. And they transfer just fine. When I connect my Playbook to my computer, I have tried going into My Computer and looking in Photos. I thought I could copy them across to my computer that way. But again, I cannot see any album called Camera Pictures or All Pictures.

I can't remember how I got the other photos into their albums. I think I used File Manager or Air Browser.

I am wondering if someone can tell me how I can find Camera Pictures and All Pictures - or remind me how I might make another album and move them into THAT album and by that method transfer them to my PC.

Thanks if you can help.
    On your pc somewhere make directory, sorry I'm old school, folder called blackberry or whatever. Place all the photos you want to transfer from your pc onto your pb in this folder including any complete folders containing photos. Set DTM to sync your photos from this folder and start sync on DTM. Viola job complete, all photos that you want transferred to your pb.
    05-05-13 02:12 PM
    Voila...the French verb Voir, to see and La, french for "there ", See there. Not viola.
    Ref french for Dummies, 101.

Posted via CB10
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-05-13 02:20 PM
    Voila...the French verb Voir, to see and La, french for "there ", See there. Not viola.
    Ref french for Dummies, 101.

Posted via CB10
    Good I'm neither french, nor a dummy so I'm ok then.

ps do you like brandy, pasties and custard? (don't ask about the custard please)

pps I was always taught that "la" was the female version of "the", "le" being the male. Did you mean "la bas"?
    05-05-13 02:32 PM