Is there some trick technique to getting the copy/paste etc command to pop up?
    I find find it a sometime thing ... is there a special place to press your finger ... or should it be a lot of pressure or not much? I find this a very quirky feature ... it should be something very easy to use ... but its not.
    Thanks
    04-24-12 08:15 AM
    I just put a little pressure over the words that I want to select and the Copy menu pops up.
    kingzogofalbania likes this.
    04-24-12 08:24 AM
    I find the whole thing unpredictable. Pops up when you don't want it and won't when you do. And moving those blue arrows can be a real pain.
    04-24-12 09:17 AM
    I noticed that if you slide your finger even a little the PB will think you want to scroll, and will not give you the option to copy.
    04-24-12 09:22 AM
    I don't think the playbook can detect pressure unless it interprets contact size as pressure.
    Just make sure you don't scroll when you are trying to select. If you press then scroll up or down too much the select box will not come up.
    Just Me and kingzogofalbania like this.
    04-24-12 09:23 AM
    I don't think that the pb reacts to actual amount of pressure as opposed to tap/hold. Just press (touch) and hold usually does it. (Chadface beat me to it - that's what happens when you open a bunch of tabs on threads and move through them one by one)
    04-24-12 09:29 AM
    I find the whole thing unpredictable. Pops up when you don't want it and won't when you do. And moving those blue arrows can be a real pain.
    The'm li'l blue arrows are a curse I tell you, they're a curse!!!

Actually, I'm starting to get used to them. You gotta hover just below the words and just so. Not a whole lot a fun when you're eyes are approaching that sixth decade

You DO get used to it
    Just Me and kingzogofalbania like this.
    04-24-12 09:45 AM
    I press and hold.

Of course, when I want copy/paste I get the single blue arrow. And when I want the single blue arrow, I get the double blue arrows, and when I want the double blue arrows I get the copy/paste.

Now I just think of it as my Playbook Roshambo game.
    • Double blue arrows beats single blue arrow.
    • Single blue arrow beats copy/paste.
    • Copy/paste beats Double blue arrows.
    04-24-12 11:19 AM
    I thought it was just me! lol

Its very unpredictable to me. There really is no right or wrong way to hold or tap.
    04-24-12 11:35 AM
    I like them when I can get them to work right. Sometimes I have to fight to get them to pop up no matter how I touch or press the screen. Sometimes scrolling the page a bit takes care of it.
    04-24-12 11:35 AM
    Seems to be hit or miss. I've found a good tap instead of touch, and hold works best.
    04-24-12 11:56 AM
    So, a year later and this is still a problem. Why can't they just give us Cursor keys???????
    04-24-12 12:24 PM
    I've had a few love/hate times with copy/paste too. I have big fingers plus at times they get the shakes. Either one makes it frustrating at times. A couple of things that have helped me:
    - If the screen I'm on is capable, enlarging it helps
    - I bought a stylus that helps me touch the part of the screen I can't see under my finger or thumb
    - Since the screen is capacitive keeping it and my fingers wiped has helped. Skin oil won't stop it from working but can affect sensitivity some.
    - I try to watch the angle I'm holding the screen and keep it perpendicular to my fingers. And try to stay consistent. Not so easy with a tablet. If it's at too much of an angle I end up touching above, below or to the side of where I want.
    - And the one everyone hated to hear in school Practice makes perfect... Or as in my case helped some.

Hope at least one of these may help.
    04-24-12 12:46 PM
    I find zooming in on the text that you want to copy makes things go a lot easier. Zoom in on the first word you want to copy, tap and hold this word, then the arrows should pop up on either side of the word, and move the right arrow from here.
    04-24-12 12:48 PM
    I thought it was just me! lol

Its very unpredictable to me. There really is no right or wrong way to hold or tap.
    Same here; I figured it was just because I'm an ignorant newb

I feel particularly helpless when I'm trying to copy/paste a URL from the browser's address field. This never works at all for me; am I extra clumsy for this or does it really not work?
    04-24-12 12:59 PM
    Same here; I figured it was just because I'm an ignorant newb

I feel particularly helpless when I'm trying to copy/paste a URL from the browser's address field. This never works at all for me; am I extra clumsy for this or does it really not work?
    Browser address bar is the easiest to work. Tap, keyboard comes up tap and hold.
    Anke6831 likes this.
    04-24-12 01:02 PM
    I've noticed it's single line fields that react correctly or predictably. Type, tap and the single blue arrow appears.

it's multiple-line text fields, such as this one that become a nightmare.
    I try to post PB screen-caps when I have some difficulty describing tech problems. Trying to paste the imgur IMG link is painfully unpredictable.

I usually hit a couple of enters

type Aaaa or something, long press the "Aaaa" and if I wish strong enough, and the planets are aligned, I'll get the infamous Copy+Paste pop-up.
    04-24-12 01:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD