I have searched and searched, but couldn't find the answers so forgive me if this has already been done.

If I am browsing a forum on the PB, is there a way to copy text (for quotes etc...). And paste of course. The browser is great and a real step up from my old phone.
    disclaimer: I haven't used the real browser yet, just the bridge one so far. Don't ask

Also, is there a way to bridge the phone to a computer using the USB for internet? I would really like to hook it up at work without the phone (storm2 would not last that long)
    06-08-11 08:13 AM
    For copy-paste in browser, tap and hold down where you want to copy. After a few seconds, you'll get a pop-up where one of the options is Copy. You should also see 2 selection pointers that you can tap and drag to the start and end points of the text you want to copy. The text between the pointers will be highlighted. Tap on Copy after you finish highlighting the text you want to copy. To paste, just tap and hold where you want to paste. After a few seconds, you'll get a pop-up where one of the options is Paste; tap on that and you're done!

On the bridge question, I'm not sure I understand what you want. First, you're asking about bridging a phone to a computer. (Technically, this is tethering, because bridging is between BB phone and PlayBook.) But in the next sentence, you talk about not using your Storm phone. Can you clarify?
    06-08-11 10:34 AM
    you cant copy from the bridge browser and paste in any native pb apps, or at least i did not manage, anybody else?
    06-08-11 10:58 AM
    I was able to copy text from the Bridge Browser and paste it into the regular Browser.
    06-08-11 11:08 AM
    When I try to copy from Bridge browser and paste into BBM or Email I am not able to. It simply doesnt give paste as an option.
    06-08-11 11:16 AM
    I was able to copy text from Bridge Browser and paste it into BBM and Email. Are you holding down long enough in the open space where you want to paste? The keyboard will pop up, leave it up, and continue holding. The option to paste should appear in a few seconds - at least on mine it did.
    06-08-11 11:22 AM
    Sorry my apologies i am able to paste from bridge browser. it's just from regular browser that i cannot which i suspect is by design for security purposes.
    06-08-11 11:30 AM
    i just tried to copy from the Bridge Browser and paste it to BBM and it worked. like the majority have said you have to tap and hold to get the options....
    06-08-11 11:38 AM
    On the new OS, you get a "select" when attempting to "copy" from the address bar. Hit another section of screen, then press the address bar again and "copy" should come up.
    06-08-11 12:16 PM
    Thanks guys, that helps. I was sure this could be done.

As for this
    On the bridge question, I'm not sure I understand what you want. First, you're asking about bridging a phone to a computer. (Technically, this is tethering, because bridging is between BB phone and PlayBook.) But in the next sentence, you talk about not using your Storm phone. Can you clarify?
    I mean using my computers internet to browse on the PB. Tethering, but the other way?
    Not a real big issue, especially now that my phone will tether after the update.
    Just still curious if it can be done.
    06-08-11 01:06 PM
    As of right now the PB can only be connected to the internet via wifi or BT (when it's bridged to your phone). I doubt we'll ever see a PC-to-PlayBook internet connection via USB, but hopefully they will add the ability to connect the PB to an AD HOC network from the computer (last I knew it couldn't do this - - anybody tried since the update?)
    06-08-11 01:26 PM
    but hopefully they will add the ability to connect the PB to an AD HOC network from the computer
    this would be cool also.
    06-08-11 02:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD