I'm not sure if you anyone has seen this but:

07-31-11 11:11 AM
    Very nice, makes me unable to wait even more for wednesday when my new 32gb pb arrives!
    07-31-11 12:48 PM
    "an operating system that delivers everything" but auto-correction, auto-type, easy cursor placement, bt audio, bookmark organizing, find in webpage/pdf/docs ..... Yup - advertising delivers but Rim does not!
    trsbbs likes this.
    07-31-11 05:18 PM
    "an operating system that delivers everything" but auto-correction, auto-type, easy cursor placement, bt audio, bookmark organizing, find in webpage/pdf/docs ..... Yup - advertising delivers but Rim does not!
    I love my PlayBook even with its shortfalls...posts like yours are becoming quite old.
    07-31-11 07:54 PM
    I just don't want rim to forget there are still things UNdone. And some of us can live with some shortfalls while others want them corrected - sooner rather than later or worse, never.
    07-31-11 08:03 PM
    Agreed...i do want all the things you mentioned above. I'm hoping they'll get to these things before it's too late...just no sense in re-hashing this stuff over and over.

...but I hear what your saying
    07-31-11 08:07 PM
    It took me a few day to realized what F2 pointed out are missing. Not really an issue because my main use for the PlayBook is Videos. It can be a PITA especially if you are writing something lengthy that I just use my Torch for it.

I can let it go but I want RIM to give us the Update we've been waiting.
    07-31-11 08:55 PM
    It took me a few day to realized what F2 pointed out are missing. Not really an issue because my main use for the PlayBook is Videos. It can be a PITA especially if you are writing something lengthy that I just use my Torch for it.

I can let it go but I want RIM to give us the Update we've been waiting.
    But I guess that is what exasperates me - using a small screen device to compose longer written pieces because the larger screen pb is insufficient. The pb is the newer, more powerful device. I was gone on a camping trip and there was to be little or no wifi so the pb stayed home. I'm back so the irritants come to the fore again. It was easier to use my 9650/Bold on the trip than the pb. I could search on webpages that I referenced. I could look up "battery" in my altimeter/watch's pdf manual and I could cut/paste cells in a spreadsheet. Don't mind me but ....
    07-31-11 09:43 PM
    I love my PlayBook even with its shortfalls...posts like yours are becoming quite old.
    I agree these are getting old and that is what is soo frustrating! I love my playbook but some simple items need to be included with a new os update. It is so stupid to try and place your curser in the middle of a word to make a correction.
    07-31-11 09:55 PM
    I just don't want rim to forget there are still things UNdone. And some of us can live with some shortfalls while others want them corrected - sooner rather than later or worse, never.
    Yeah right - OMG we almost forgot we gotta do all that stuff! Good thing F2 reminded us...like my Maseratti is an awesome machine but god I hate where they put the oil filter...

Some people just have trouble being happy (and patient)
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 07-31-11 at 10:17 PM.
    07-31-11 10:15 PM
    But I guess that is what exasperates me - using a small screen device to compose longer written pieces because the larger screen pb is insufficient. The pb is the newer, more powerful device. I was gone on a camping trip and there was to be little or no wifi so the pb stayed home. I'm back so the irritants come to the fore again. It was easier to use my 9650/Bold on the trip than the pb. I could search on webpages that I referenced. I could look up "battery" in my altimeter/watch's pdf manual and I could cut/paste cells in a spreadsheet. Don't mind me but ....
    Two words:
    Bluetooth keyboard
    07-31-11 10:16 PM
    Yeah right - OMG we almost forgot we gotta do all that stuff! Good thing F2 reminded us...like my Maseratti is an awesome machine but god I hate where they put the oil filter...

Some people just have trouble being happy (and patient)
    if that car did not have a steering wjel you,d not be very happy. those typos are not easy to correct so why bother the pb is perfect and folks can read between the lines and words. yup patience is becoming more difficult the longer rim streches out the small things needed. keep taking your happy pills and leave us curmdgeons alone.
    07-31-11 10:52 PM
    Two words:
    Bluetooth keyboard
    one hyphenated word: auto-correction.
    07-31-11 10:55 PM
    battle royal F2 Crackberry Genius of Geniuses vs. blackjack the newcomer, but high post count

Sunday sunday sunday, get your tickets now at ticketmaster.com

place your bets by pming me to get my paypal account to send money

edit: vegas called back the odds have increased in F2's favour from his last post to 18:1
    Last edited by AutoPilot2020; 07-31-11 at 11:39 PM.
    07-31-11 10:57 PM
    Sorry Autopilot but I have no intention of enriching your coffers.

I'm also somewhat sorry to be the doomsayer. But I keep reading that if people did their homework and research they would not be in the pb predicament. They would have known better. But if they are to be informed that posts pointing out the weaknesses need to be posted. And before someone says - well, it was said before - yes, but that was last week. Folks don't know that some/many of the flaws have not been corrected. How would a newcomer to this place know that the pdf-reader still does not FIND/SEARCH. Just today a newcomer wanted to search for a term on a webpage - still can't be done. Someone today wanted to know if videos can be organized - yes but only by alphabetics, not by subject, genre or any other way. Someone else just today wanted to know how to hide icons on the homepage - still can't be done. I can assure you that someone in the next day or two will ask about organizing bookmarks or renaming them. Still can't be done. But Blackjack will say that was old news - but some folks expect that these deficiencies might have been addressed by now. Someone has to keep the list of flaws/deficiencies current. The PB still canNOT do - fill in the blanks.

Patience for those who already own it is one thing. But information to those seeking it will not come from rim in the form of an attractive video. The fact that the video cites crackberry.com in more than one flashover means folks might come here - here they should be able to find facts, both pro and con.

Yup - I like certain aspects of the darn device but it is far from perfect. It is far from the "professional tablet" rim advertised. I don't hark on native email. But come on, my bb phone performs docs-to-go tasks much better. It performs pdf functions much better. I can search docs, pdfs, webpages. I can cut/paste in spreadsheets. It auto-corrects email spelling if I want.

Folks coming here for advice need to read our feelings about the device.

(sniff: only 3:2)
    07-31-11 11:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD