I want to use my PB as a cookbook. Can anyone help me get this set up? Do I need to fingure type each one of recipies into an app? Any suggestions are very welcomed and appreciated!
    12-15-11 07:33 AM
    There are some outstanding recipe books on Kobo for less than $10.00, many even just $5.00.
    thelighthouse2 likes this.
    12-15-11 07:51 AM
    Do you have many recipes already on another computer. We had a few in word file and just transfered the file over. Also the convertible case works well as a stand.
    12-15-11 08:18 AM
    If you have already recipes in a document on your PC, you can drop those documents into dropbox and pick them up on your playbook (Bluebox).

You can make very easily your own cookbook using an app called "Database Forms". Here you can create a recipe form and add your recipes. Trial version is available.
    12-15-11 08:49 AM
    I found this on Chrome a little while back. Its a pretty cool app used to use it with my Cr-48 but now i can just pull the website up on my Playbook and use it just as well.

The website has tagging, the ability to make a shopping list and you can also export your recipies to a bunch of text files on your computer as a backup.

i would take a look at it: onetsp.com

Cheers,
    12-15-11 09:02 AM
    If you were in Canada, you would love the Recipe Box apps. It's about 100 mb and definately a quality apps by President Choice. There's also Cooklet app which is pretty good because you can post and share recipes.
    giorgio99 and thelighthouse2 like this.
    12-15-11 09:19 AM
    Cooklet is a great free app in App World. It allows you to bring in your own recipes & share with anyone if you like.
    giorgio99, alnamvet68 and gooz89 like this.
    12-15-11 09:27 AM
    Cooklet is a great free app in App World. It allows you to bring in your own recipes & share with anyone if you like.
    Thanks man, just downloader her along with Que Cocino Hoy which is also free. Oh, that means "what do I cook today?"
    12-15-11 09:53 AM
    I've been doing what others have suggested - just moved a word doc or pdf version to the playbook. Issue - screen goes blank so I try to remember to scroll occasionally.

Mine's in an Otterbox but the screen can get a bit smeary!
    12-15-11 09:55 AM
    I subscribe to Taste of Home. Use the online recipe box, then pull it up in a browser window.
    12-15-11 08:24 PM
    Thanks everybody for all the suggestions - I will play around with the suggestions and see what works best for me.
    12-16-11 05:48 AM
    how did you like Cooklet? All-new version is just around the corner
    https://twitter.com/i/#!/CookletApp/...com%2FlWRnJwDc

More info tomorrow, cheers!
    g
    11-14-12 07:45 PM
    Another vote for taste of home. I do exactly the same thing. Also will occasionally find other recipes online and use print to go to send a pdf to pb.
    11-14-12 09:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD