About 4 months ago, I purchased a new 32GB Playbook from DailySteals for $120. I was itching to play with a tablet, and this seemed like a reasonable price. I have had fun using it, and I appreciate the help I have received in these forums.

Two weeks ago, my old basic cell phone died, and I upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy Stellar. It seems to me that the new Android phone can do just about everything that the Playbook can, with the exception of the screen size.

I also have a desktop PC, a netbook, and a Sansa View media player.That's a few too many devices for me. I will definitely sell the View, but I'm also thinking about selling the Playbook. Can anyone suggest good reasons to keep it?

Thanks,
    Bruce
    04-09-13 09:51 AM
    Ever since I got my Z10, my playbook has also been collecting dust.

Resale value is low, so it's just going to sit there for now.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 10:00 AM
    I have been using the Z10 more than the BB-PB, but I do revert back to it every once in a while. It is better for playing games that's currently not on the Z10. Larger screen for web browsing, watching movies and list goes on. As far as convincing you to keep your PB, that's a waste of time. Do what you must for you and make yourself happy!
    Have a great day!
    04-09-13 10:09 AM
    Still use my PlayBook if I want to watch YouTube whilst away with work, or read a book on my side loaded kindle app. The Z10 is great, but even though the screen size is awesome sometimes you just need a bigger screen for things. I know there is an HDMI socket, but that is not always practical really.

Posted via CB10 using my awesome BB Z10
    04-09-13 10:20 AM
    About 4 months ago, I purchased a new 32GB Playbook from DailySteals for $120. I was itching to play with a tablet, and this seemed like a reasonable price. I have had fun using it, and I appreciate the help I have received in these forums.

Two weeks ago, my old basic cell phone died, and I upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy Stellar. It seems to me that the new Android phone can do just about everything that the Playbook can, with the exception of the screen size.

I also have a desktop PC, a netbook, and a Sansa View media player.That's a few too many devices for me. I will definitely sell the View, but I'm also thinking about selling the Playbook. Can anyone suggest good reasons to keep it?

Thanks,
    Bruce
    Also try the screen swipe gestures that work on the pb and the Z10! but not on your phone! Other than that the answer is, "use what works for you and that you enjoy using". If it's not bb then it's not bb. You are an individual, it is not a crime not to have tunnel vision about bb products! (oh my god I know I'll get grief for that). Choose for yourself and remember the great all seeing god from bb said:
    Attached Thumbnails Convince me to keep my Playbook!-imathorges.jpg  
    04-09-13 10:47 AM
    The only reason I can suggest to keep it, is that you won't get much if you try to sell it.
    Having said that, if you feel that you are not going to use your PB any more, there is little point in me (or anyone else) trying to convince you any other way...
    ... in fact, ignore my first statement, sell the PB cheap to someone who will make good use of it, and enjoy your Galaxy!!
    04-09-13 11:41 AM

Thanks,
    Bruce
    No. Just get rid of it. Not worth keeping Go Android

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    04-09-13 11:45 AM
    Make up your own mind. Sell it. Or, if you don't need the not very large amount of cash, donate it to your local school or a needy teacher.
    04-09-13 12:07 PM
    Not a gunna do it. Do it yourself.
    sad_old_man and axllebeer like this.
    04-09-13 12:26 PM
    The one reason that I can think of is BB10, BlackBerry says that the PB will get BB10 that reason is good enough to keep mine. I gotta say that I don't own a BB10 phone so I use my PB every single day since is bridged to my 9810
    04-09-13 12:33 PM
    The one reason that I can think of is BB10, BlackBerry says that the PB will get BB10 that reason is good enough to keep mine. I gotta say that I don't own a BB10 phone so I use my PB every single day since is bridged to my 9810
    In that case sell it and sell it now!!!!!!!!!!
    04-09-13 01:58 PM
    take that playbook and hit chuck norris with it
    bb10 will land on playbook when samsung galaxy mini 1 will get JB

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-09-13 02:53 PM
    I'm keeping mine for a number of reasons: Low resale value, love love love the UI, great for music using Neutron music player, great for watching the Leafs on Wiziwig when the game is blacked out in Ottawa (most of the time), great for recording video of our band, and my new favourite game, Radiant. If we could get a decent MAME port on this thing, I'd be in old-school gamer's heaven! I've used several Android tablets, including the Nexus 7, and none of them impressed me as much as my 64GB Playbook in terms of what I use it for. The hardware still holds up two years down the line too.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it!
    04-09-13 03:17 PM
    Don't keep it donate it to ME
    04-09-13 03:31 PM
    No. Just get rid of it. Not worth keeping Go Android

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    why are you here, go back to the androidcentral forums
    dphjeff likes this.
    04-09-13 04:22 PM
    Don't keep it donate it to ME
    Don't listen to him! It is I that is deserving of your PlayBook.
    04-09-13 04:43 PM
    Well, to each their own. I for one use my (now 2 year old) PlayBook for on the go portability and a Note 10.1 for around the house. I can access the PlayBook from the Note and move videos and whatever back and fourth without a hitch with no PC. If I download a file of any kind out and about I just transfer it over if I wish when I get home.

I'm still loving the PlayBook. Use it everyday. I see no reason for me to sell it BB10 or not. But that's me and not you. My main goal in tech life is to not need a PC. With the combination of these 2 tabs I'm pretty close.

About the only thing I use my PC for now is to access my 1tb HDD.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-09-13 04:50 PM
    Yep resale value is low and is good for gaming and browsing why to sell it then?
    04-09-13 04:59 PM
    BB10 is around the corner, what else ?
    04-09-13 05:26 PM
    All i can say is BB10 makes it all worth while.
    04-09-13 06:40 PM

Can anyone suggest good reasons to keep it?
    I would say that no one should keep a device that "isn't doing it" for him/her. After all, this is the same argument we make for Android and iPhone users, to come over to a new idea. And it's a shame you didn't opt for a Z10.

I don't trust Google, and taking the Android ride may, in time, resemble what one gets with iOS. There are certainly signs to that effect.

Anyway, to your question...the PlayBook still does many things better than anything out there. I'm hanging on to mine, if only to see what BB10 might bring. If this doesn't interest you, I'm sure you can sell it at a price that will approach what you paid for it, which is a nice deal. (I don't know where "lousy resale value" comes from...sure, against original list, but you did good to begin with.)
    04-09-13 08:25 PM
    OP,

BB10. You're welcome.

Andy
    04-09-13 08:28 PM
    That's a hard question, if your asking to be convinced into keeping something, you already have your answer. I have two PB and still like them alot, but also am using them less since I don't have a BB phone to bridge with. Hoping for BB10 to come to PB so I can decide if I want to keep them or not, or maybe even switch back to a BB phone.
    Good luck with your decision.
    04-10-13 07:21 AM
    The PlayBook is best with a blackberry phone to bridge with. I use mine all the time in meetings, etc. instead of my laptop. With bridge, I can access Internet functions without having WiFi available - the only tablet I know that can do that without a LTE model and $ plan. I'm using my computer less and less.
    04-10-13 07:53 AM
    Keep it or I'll break you legs.
    04-10-13 08:11 AM
67 123