Hey all,

I wanted to put some real player videos onto my playbook, but when i go to convert them through RealPlayer, there is no option for converting to playbook.

There are, however, options to convert them to the Curve 85xx series, which is windows media player.

My question is: What types of video will the playbook play? Can it play WMV or can it play Flash video<the video i want to put on is .flv>

How can I go about doing this?

Thanks....
    07-06-11 12:14 AM
    My question is: What types of video will the playbook play? Can it play WMV or can it play Flash video<the video i want to put on is .flv>
    Thanks....
    The preferred file is MP4
    Use a freeware program like ANY VIDEO CONVERTER

Video Converter, DVD Ripper - Any Video converter - The versatile video converter for iPod, iPhone, PSP, Zune, cell phones and more
    Eli_B likes this.
    07-06-11 01:04 AM
    There are web based apps as well. Not sure about real player but give it a spin.
    http://www.mediaconverter.org
    Eli_B likes this.
    07-06-11 02:02 AM
    The best converter I've tried so far is Super.
    SUPER &copy
    Not only it is free, it also has various codec and choices too.
    The real downside is the GUI which is terrible though
    Eli_B likes this.
    07-06-11 02:10 AM
    Hey all,

I wanted to put some real player videos onto my playbook, but when i go to convert them through RealPlayer, there is no option for converting to playbook.

There are, however, options to convert them to the Curve 85xx series, which is windows media player.

How can I go about doing this?

Thanks....
    xilisoft video converter is awesome. Very user friendly and gives tons of options for conversion. converting to playbook is an option on there, plus ps3 xbox, ipad, etc....
    Eli_B likes this.
    07-06-11 07:10 AM
    ... converting to playbook is an option on there....
    Considering purchasing this converter -- does it actually have Playbook as a recognized device?
    08-11-11 11:52 PM
    What i did was convert the videos that I have in my real player library to apple ipod, after the conversion is done, it can be synced to the playbook. It will show up in the downloaded videos section. Easy as done! Hope this helpes.
    03-23-12 11:25 AM
    You don't need to convert .flv files to play them on your Playbook. However, to play them, you'll need a player that can play them, such as FLV Player which is available for 99 cents in App World. Download the app, put the .flv files on your playbook in the video folder, and FLV player will find them and list them in its menu.
    03-23-12 11:42 AM
    Select the option to Convert to iPad format.
    Job Done!
    Last edited by Tomcat_Alley; 03-23-12 at 12:39 PM.
    cletis likes this.
    03-23-12 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD