So after the last update I have been continually bothered by the notification that says "Software Update Available Version 1.0.6.2390". This started happening after the previous software update. I have confirmed that the software on my Playbook is updated (as listed in the About screen) and if I were to click update it takes about 10 seconds and then reboots the device. The only thing that appears to change after the reboot is that it brings back some icons I don't want/use (aol, etc.).

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks,
    S-P
    rbenjami likes this.
    06-24-11 08:10 AM
    Before you get flamed by the Search Nazis, yes this is a known issue. Apparently RIM has made the bookmarks a part of the standard apps and you can't delete them unless you want to deal with the constant update notification. There is no workaround for this.
    06-24-11 08:14 AM
    You could search but it's because you are deleting the icons. Dumb, yes I know but that is the way it is. If you search maybe there are suggestion to hide the icons or whatever if possible.
    06-24-11 08:15 AM
    Glad someone has cleared this up as I've been downloading the 6MB 'update' and not seeing any changed except those damn icons coming back.
    06-24-11 08:19 AM
    yyaaawwnnnnnnnnnn

tired of this kind of threads... too lazy to read around eh? haisshhhh
    06-24-11 08:20 AM
    Maybe that's better than people reading threads and seeing that it's something all ready discusses and having to comment as such. You do know sometimes when you do search for something the words you use to search do not match the threads that cover it.

Think I'll take a nap too.
    06-24-11 09:20 AM
    Sorry for it having added a thread for that which had already been discussed, but I guess my keyword searches didn't use the right key words.
    06-24-11 09:59 AM
    yyaaawwnnnnnnnnnn

tired of this kind of threads... too lazy to read around eh? haisshhhh
    No doubt there are many threads that cover this. But in the OP's defense, it's not always easy to find answers via search. Most searches return so many results it can be a needle / haystack.
    06-24-11 10:31 AM
    it's also a stupid "feature" maybe the more posts the more likely RIM is to remove this requirement. It's probably to assure their partners they are actually on playbook, hoping to show up in access logs with stats from users who inadvertently click on the icons. Why would anyone design a system like this?
    06-24-11 06:24 PM
    okay, I'm sick of these posts, can someone please make a sticky thread with a title like OMG DOUBLE 2MB UPDATE! WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
    06-24-11 06:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD