My girlfriend and I have 2 Playbooks and we're considering Prime for watching movies and shows when we travel. I've seen threads here about it working on some PBs and not working on others.

Has anyone had a totally positive experience with amazon's streaming?
    04-13-12 10:28 AM
    It works well for me, plus I love having the free 2 day shipping. I HAVE read the same threads you have but my expierence is that it works when I use it on my PlayBook. Also I have it on my 2 Roku boxes.
    ambarmetta and roydaboy like this.
    04-13-12 10:31 AM
    I wouldn't risk it. You have to pay for a year, and we never seem to know if this service will work.
    04-13-12 10:33 AM
    In addition to the issue of it only possibly working, note that Amazon Prime is not available in most of the world (i.e. outside North America), so depending where you are travelling you may only be able to access the service by using proxies or whatever, which wouldn't be overly convenient I guess.
    roydaboy likes this.
    04-13-12 10:35 AM
    I have amazon prime and had never used it for streaming on my PB. I use it on my laptop, and the two days shipping was enough for me to warrant the money for it.

So just to try it out. I just connected to my home wifi, brought up the browser, went to Amazon, hit "play", full screen..... it worked just fine for me.

I dont know if the connection makes a difference. Its always iffy when I travel. I have a great connection at home.
    ambarmetta and roydaboy like this.
    04-13-12 11:12 AM
    Do you have a student email address? Or a caregiver of a baby?

You can try it for free at Amazon student or Amazon mom.
    roydaboy likes this.
    04-13-12 11:14 AM
    Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Seriously, worked perfectly till sometime around January. Then most folks had problems with much content for a month or so. Then it started working again, then stopped. As of a couple of days ago, it started working again. Do the month for free and give it a whirl. When it does work, it's great.
    roydaboy likes this.
    04-13-12 12:18 PM
    Free two day shipping is worth every penny IMO. The addition of free streaming media is nice too. Its hit or miss on the PB it seems though
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    04-13-12 12:34 PM
    I get the student discount and that 2 day shipping is worth its weight in gold, when they won't let me renew anymore with the student price i'm definitely paying the full price. Plus you get free books as well as the movies and sometimes seasons of TV shows if they just came out.

I'm still holding out for the PB with 4G though, anybody got an idea on that or should I just buy one now?
    04-13-12 01:31 PM
    Shipping is awesome with prime. Movies? We watch at home with our Roku and it also streams fine on our Playbooks. Well worth the price.
    04-13-12 04:22 PM
    Like some people have been saying, it has been hit or miss with the playbook. I hadn't tried it in a couple of months so after reading this thread I decided to and watched an entire movie with no problems.
    04-13-12 05:16 PM
    Thanks, all! We're gonna give it a shot using Amazon Moms. Too many benefits aside from movies on the PB to pass up!
    04-13-12 07:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD