Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Knightcrawler
  • 2 Post By Hgouck
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    705 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Connecting two PB's via blutooth?

Is it possible? how can it be done?

Recently a friend and i were trying to figure out how to transfer files from our respective devices, but i couldnt figure out how to pair the two PB's together. Is this functionality even possible? do i have to wait for OS2, or am i just missing something?

Also, im assuming theres a limit to file size when connecting through bluetooth.....like i wouldnt be able to transfer a whole movie would i?
    jigga2 likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Bluetooth is limited to keyboards, mice and Bridge pairing or - on OS2 - audio devices. I don't think RIM has announced file transfer functions, but they never announced audio gateway support either, it just appeared in OS2. Anyway, bluetooth is very slow. I wouldn't try to transfer a movie.

If you are both connected to Wifi you could use Dropbox or Box.net. Files & Folders (see sig) supports both. Both of those services impose a limit on the maximum file size though.
    ORBIT for BB10 - The World In Your Pocket - World, Time, Weather in spectacular 3D. Demo on our site!

Files & Folders
    for PlayBook and BB10: a powerful unified file, folder & cloud manager and media streamer with integrated SkyDrive, Google Docs, Google Drive, SugarSync, Dropbox, Box, thumbnails and more - Free 3-day trial! - Voted Best New BlackBerry App
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts

Default Playbooks

Two Playbooks can be linked together via Bluetooth but there is no added functionality. You can't do anything really, once they are linked.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,202 Global Posts

Hook them up to the same WiFi network and use the wifi to transfer the files
    I hope this helps.
    blcole and peter9477 like this.
  5. EWY
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ninjatogo View Post
    Two Playbooks can be linked together via Bluetooth but there is no added functionality. You can't do anything really, once they are linked.
    No wonder, Iíve spent hours pairing up my Playbook with my Laptop trying to transfer files and trying to use the laptop internet connection instead of my cell phone.

I do know how to transfer files using WIFI but that is only when I have a WIFI connection. I was looking for a way when I am out and about.

I could pair the devices but I could not do anything besides this. Wished I'd read this post before I wasted my time.

LMAO!
    CrackBerry User

Default connecting to the net via the laptop

For anyone who has a Win7 laptop, you can use connectify to have it broadcast a small wi-fi hotspot

Your Hotspot, Your Way - Connectify
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,860 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

Quote Originally Posted by screamcap View Post
    For anyone who has a Win7 laptop, you can use connectify to have it broadcast a small wi-fi hotspot

i already tried this but the connection drops off as soon as you try to use the browser.
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

I don't understand what's going on. Blackberry is known for having many functions making it the best communication device. I understand the email calendar and bbm being missing but you would think some of the other functionalities that were not included would have been no brainers. I know 2.0 is around the corner but it worries me that this is what we are to expect from RIM. I really hope not
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by screamcap View Post

Please explain how connectify connects or becomes hot spot using my broadband dongle on my win7 laptop (way off topic, sorry. just interested)
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    705 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by El Platanero View Post
    I don't understand what's going on. Blackberry is known for having many functions making it the best communication device. I understand the email calendar and bbm being missing but you would think some of the other functionalities that were not included would have been no brainers. I know 2.0 is around the corner but it worries me that this is what we are to expect from RIM. I really hope not
    Ya, i would think inter-connectability (is that even a word?) would be a pretty basic functioning, especially considering they went to all the trouble making the bridge app. They couldnt just have two PB's bridge to each other as well?