I think Apple is currently riding a wave a popularity with good products and great marketing. Will it last forever? No, but even though I cannot predict the future, I think people will be amped for the next iPhone or iPad for at least one more year, maybe more?

But if you really look at Apple and what it makes, its a tech company involved in various product lines, all of which right now are riding a wave of success. iPods are selling just so kids can color coordinate them, but their practical use or functions are now as outdated as a walkman. Smartphones can do everything iPods can do and with battery life and memory storage ever improving, why should a practical person buy an iPod in 2011 or 2012. Right now, bc they are cool, but that like all things fade.

Next Macs. Macs have gained popularity and market share as cool computers, but eventually will people realize the premium they are paying for a product they can get for far cheaper in the form of a PC with the same tech specs? Maybe its a status symbol right now? Like, I paid $3000 for my Mac bc I can, even though I could have gotten a PC just as good for half the price! I am not sure that lasts, especially in a down economy with unemployment stuck at close to 10%. But somehow it has for now? I never understood this either, if you pay $3000 for a PC bc you have the money you blow away any $3000 Mac in technology. Maybe practicality and logic will kick in one day, but for now Macs are as popular as they have ever been and have become mainstream.

iPhones, right now they are the most popular phones. But how long before people want to break from the pack and be individuals rather than owning the same cloned phone every year? I dunno, but again, right now iPhones are in and any new model will sell like crazy.

iPads, right now the hottest tablet out there. But as more and more tablets surpass it in terms of running real websites or make them closer to laptops, will they be the king forever?

iTunes, as far as legitimate digital music and video, I don't see anyone overtaking them here any time soon. Yea, Amazon is doing some cool things, but face it iTunes will be as difficult to replace as a brand as Vaseline is to Petroleum Jelly! Its here to stay.

I think Apple which was once viewed as the underdog and the cool indie tech that made you different for having heir products is now "the man" and represents much of whats wrong in the corporate world. It can't be "cool" if everyone has it forever...
    It is true, but in a way, Apple has given an incentive for other companies to pick up the pace or else have their market share taken away. This means better products for all of us in the longterm. As much as I don't like Apple products due to their price, thank you Apple for raising the bar on design and user interface.
    08-16-11 08:48 AM
    Yes, Apple does deserve a lot of credit in constantly raising the bar, which we all benefit from. I really cannot see Apple being this dominant for much longer though.

When will people tire of the same form factor iPhone every year? Unless the next one changes things up, but I doubt it. It will still sell a ton though.

When will people realize Macs are not as good a value as PC's? Want to spend thousands on a computer, get a PC and be utterly amazed at how powerful it is vs. a Mac for the same price.

When will people realize the iPod, while revolutionary a few years back is now obsolete?

And finally, will the iPad ever run flash? Will apps be the only only way to get sites?

Apple is a great company, but besides itunes, I see chinks in the armor in their products that have been ignored by the media and the consumer. Only Apple is good enough at marketing to seriously promote a "smartcover" for the iPad2 or "facetime" for the iPhone4 and have people totally buy into it!

Better idea for RIM, pay whatever it takes to get people from Apple's marketing team, bc thats really a drawback for RIM. Playbook commericals are lame, Blackberry commercials with "Super apps" or BBM in a barber shop are even worse...
    08-16-11 11:04 AM
    Naw, tools are useful.....
    Omg, I thought I was the only person that said that!

"I'd call you a tool, but tools are useful!" haha
    08-16-11 02:21 PM
    Omg, I thought I was the only person that said that!

"I'd call you a tool, but tools are useful!" haha
    Actually you said it more clearly - I didn't get it at first. ha!
    08-16-11 02:48 PM
    The playbook is a slow burner, it'll get there in the end. "Slowly slowly catchy monkey" as the saying goes.
    ha ha Where is that a saying, I've never heard it...I like it, can I use it?
    Like your realistic view of PlayBook as well. You're very welcome to Crackberry with your positive attitude in your fourth post. It gets a little caustic in here. Hopefully the dissidents will be leaving for other tablets soon and a new generation of happy patient PlayBook owners will be swept in.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 08-16-11 at 02:59 PM.
    08-16-11 02:50 PM
    Talking about positive attitude I've ordered the PB like a couple of weeks ago and I'm getting it end of this month. I'm so anxious and can't wait to use it. I've been looking at reviews and videos on youtube like every effin day.
    In my opinion it rocks. Even with all the negative comments here. From what I see it's the device for me. It does everything I expect from a tablet.
    What more can I say?
    08-16-11 05:02 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD