-> Pictures -> 0 Files, 0 bytes
    -> Podcasts -> 0 Files, 0 bytes
    -> Ringtones -> 0 Files, 0 bytes
    Music -> 0 files, 1 Folder, 0 bytes
    Photos -> 0 files, 0 bytes
    Print -> 0 files, 0 bytes
    Videos -> 3 files, 1 Folder, 3.18 GB
    Voice -> 0 files, 0 bytes

Now what I'm confused about is the same videos seem to be in the Video folder as well as the Misc -> Android -> Moives -> Videos -> 3 Files, 3.18 GB
    02-20-12 12:13 PM
    What are you confused about? They may be short cuts. You'd have to add all the figures together but I bet you come up wiht 3.18gig more than what is on the pb.
    02-20-12 12:22 PM
    I just expected the playbook to hold more than 3 movies, with no music and some not so big apps.

There is obviously a whole bunch of hidden folders of unknown size
    02-20-12 12:29 PM
    In desktop manager there is a slider that lets you determine the amount of space allocated for media. Try adjusting that to see if you get more then 1.2 free for media..
    02-20-12 12:33 PM
    In desktop manager there is a slider that lets you determine the amount of space allocated for media. Try adjusting that to see if you get more then 1.2 free for media..
    Ok I adjusted it to 100mb and now it shows 2.4 GB free.

When I remove all the movies I have 5.6 GB free.

My question is what the is taking up 10 GB on the playbook if there are no movies. I don't see the OS and apps taking up 10 GB.

I side loaded some apps using DDPB Installer and I've tried to connect with that app again but it's not working for some reason. but I only added 5 apps that way and they were not very big a couple MB each.
    02-20-12 12:39 PM
    There was a similar thread yesterday about a 16gig. Could this be the old "cluster" issue where file sizes vary depending on the real size versus how much disk space is required? The concept was a file of say 1024bytes would take up that much space but a file of say 1025bytes would take up an entirely additional 1024 section to accommodate that one extra byte???? Just musing - I have no idea!
    02-20-12 12:40 PM
    Maybe I will do a wipe and start over. Go back to OS 1.8 and be ready for the upgrade tomorrow and see where that gets me.

I'm assuming all the apps I've paid for (3 Angry Bird Apps) I can reinstall for free using Appworld correct?

I'm not to concerned about the other stuff I've done.
    02-20-12 12:45 PM
    Maybe I will do a wipe and start over. Go back to OS 1.8 and be ready for the upgrade tomorrow and see where that gets me.

I'm assuming all the apps I've paid for (3 Angry Bird Apps) I can reinstall for free using Appworld correct?

I'm not to concerned about the other stuff I've done.
    I suggest you do a debrick instead of a wipe. Debrick wil do the "all in one" wipe + update. If you wait until the 2.0 launch, then ... you may gain some time.
    Yes Apps bought in AppWorld will remain in your "My World" section.

P.S: You can use the USB/wifi share on the PB to simply copy/paste the files you want on your PC.
    02-20-12 12:51 PM
    It may have something to do with the beta. My numbers don't add up either. Seems things are duplicated in android.
    You will be able to download the apps again without charge from app world.
    02-20-12 12:52 PM
    I suggest you do a debrick instead of a wipe. Debrick wil do the "all in one" wipe + update. If you wait until the 2.0 launch, then ... you may gain some time.
    Yes Apps bought in AppWorld will remain in your "My World" section.

P.S: You can use the USB/wifi share on the PB to simply copy/paste the files you want on your PC.
    Yes I had Wifi Shares setup.

Thanks... The security wipe is in progress. I'll see how that turns out first.
    02-20-12 12:54 PM
    whenever i rooted and rommed my androids,i always made a nandroid backup. they were basically a backup of the entire phone at the time, and doing a nandroid restore would restore everything.
    2 or 3 nandroids later, my 8 gig sd was nearly full.
    is there something similar on the pb?
    02-20-12 01:53 PM
    Ok so I did the security wipe and it just reinstalled OS 2. I de-bricked it and got 1.0.8.6067 back.

I reinstalled most of my apps. Got rid of some I didn't want. I now have the following

Total 14.7 GB
    Free 12.1 GB
    Memory 1GB
    Free Memory 619 MB

So media sync now shows 11.2 gb free. The Misc folder is now empty.

So I firmly believe that it was something with OS2 that was hogging all the space.

Anyway. Will see what happens tomorrow.
    02-20-12 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD