spoke to a rep at a local Staples today. he said of the 10 PBs they originally received on launch day, 2 were returned within the 14 day window.

he also mentioned 2 were returned (from 6) at another location about 3 miles away.
    05-03-11 07:48 PM
    Any this means what............

Toasters are returned daily as well...
    05-03-11 07:50 PM
    it means that where this person lives, there's a chance to pickup a cheap "open box" playbook... assuming they weren't defective in some way.
    05-03-11 07:51 PM
    take it easy. just sharing info.

geez.
    05-03-11 07:53 PM
    Who really cares? What the **** is the point of this thread?
    05-03-11 07:53 PM
    Who really cares? What the **** is the point of this thread?
    The ****point of this thread is to share information. Perhaps you do not find it worthy...you are entitled to your own opinion....

i did not realize that this thread would be 'harshly scrutinized'....seems there are many others that should be in place of this one....
    05-03-11 07:55 PM
    you realize that "cheap" is only a 5% open box Discount.....
    05-03-11 07:56 PM
    I'm very informed now.
    05-03-11 07:57 PM
    at the bestbuy i work at we've had about 15 returned since launch.
    05-03-11 07:58 PM
    at the bestbuy i work at we've had about 15 returned since launch.
    how many did you initially receive?
    05-03-11 07:58 PM
    I'm very informed now.
    i aim to please....
    05-03-11 07:59 PM
    My household return rate is 0.00%. Don't you feel more informed now?
    05-03-11 08:01 PM
    My household return rate is 0.00%. Don't you feel more informed now?
    yes as it validates the same rate in my home...well done
    05-03-11 08:02 PM
    you realize that "cheap" is only a 5% open box Discount.....
    well that sucks... i'd expect at least 15 - 20%
    05-03-11 08:02 PM
    the more curious question is the reason. is it hardware defect or other issues. Just from this forum we have seen tons of dead pixel and other random hardware issues and many users return 1-3 PBs. today was also the 14 day limit for many people so it will be interesting to see how many people are taking theirs back after their "test drive"
    garpt likes this.
    05-03-11 08:05 PM
    the more curious question is the reason. is it hardware defect or other issues. Just from this forum we have seen tons of dead pixel and other random hardware issues and many users return 1-3 PBs. today was also the 14 day limit for many people so it will be interesting to see how many people are taking theirs back after their "test drive"
    the most popular 'generic' non specific reason is "did not deliver what I expected it to"....which could mean a whole whack of irrelevant issues with the user....

anyhow, in this non statistically significant sample size of 4 returns among 16 units, it seems consistent with other devices and their return rates...no matter, mine's staying put....
    05-03-11 08:09 PM
    I returned mine yesterday to staples due to dead pixels. Ordered another though! For some reason best buy, staples, and office max only carry the 16 gig where I live.
    05-03-11 08:09 PM
    not exactly but appreciate your point
    05-03-11 09:06 PM
    how many did you initially receive?
    about 80
    You are making the assumption that they sold all that were received, which likely was not the case.
    this is true.
    05-03-11 10:15 PM
    Returned - hardware issue???

Returned - user dissatisfaction???

Returned - upgrade???

Returned - spite???

Returned - for a better home???

Returned - "it's not you......it's me"
    05-03-11 10:29 PM
    unless the OP bbmikebb can post SKU numbers,
    the title of the thread should be changed from confirmed to hearsay..
    i'd like to use "Gossip" but we may have to pay royalty to "Gossip Girl".
    05-03-11 10:36 PM
    I just returned mines!

But that's cause I LOVE my PB, ran out of space and want a BIGGER one XD!
    05-03-11 10:58 PM
    The staples i purchesed from has had 2 returns out of the initial 30+ units and both returns were completed by me.....
    1st return, returned my 32GB PB for upgrade to 64GB
    2nd return, returned the upgraded unit for exchange, the unit was dropping wi-fi and wouldn't hold the connection so I exchanged it the next day.
    I've been back since, as recent as tonight to pick up the Journal case and the Convertible case and my returns are still the only two this store has had.
    05-03-11 11:10 PM
    Today is my last day to return as well. I went to Best Buy, finally peeled off the plastic on the screen on bought a Zagg. This baby is definitely a keeper!
    05-03-11 11:59 PM
    The staples i purchesed from has had 2 returns out of the initial 30+ units and both returns were completed by me.....
    1st return, returned my 32GB PB for upgrade to 64GB
    2nd return, returned the upgraded unit for exchange, the unit was dropping wi-fi and wouldn't hold the connection so I exchanged it the next day.
    I've been back since, as recent as tonight to pick up the Journal case and the Convertible case and my returns are still the only two this store has had.
    How are you liking the Journal case? I got one and didn't like how the power button was harder to press so I returned it but the more I have been using my playbook and adjusting the settings I don't hit the power button that often anymore.
    05-04-11 12:21 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD