Hi guys, thanks for having me!

So i own a Curve, love it, and I want to get a tablet to replace my lost ipod...
    I was looking at the kindle fire when I stumbled across the PlayBook 7" Tablet - 64 GB...

Its much better value for money and I'm gonna go for it if its gonna provide me with the features I'm after...

So obviously I can go online...can i upload my own mp3's (from pc) onto it and listen through headphones?

Can I use a torrent software to download and watch movies like I do on my pc? And can I put my own avi files onto it from my pc...?

Sorry if these are all obvious questions, I've been trawling through pages and the answers aren't coming up...

Thanks so much!!!!

Jo x
    12-29-12 03:32 AM
    So obviously I can go online...can i upload my own mp3's (from pc) onto it and listen through headphones?

YES

Can I use a torrent software to download and watch movies like I do on my pc? And can I put my own avi files onto it from my pc...?

YES but the torrent software (playtorrent) is unreliable. There is a mobile version of Utorrent but it basically just remotely allows you to download stuff on to your own computer and not onto the playbook.

YES you can copy your own videos to it

SO YOUR ANSWER IS YES! GET A PLAYBOOK!
    12-29-12 03:33 AM
    Hey 991514982a, Thanks!!!!!!

AWESOME! Im gonna go get one today, its my birthday so why the **** not!

Thanks for the quick reply too, loving CrackBerry already!

xxx
    12-29-12 04:05 AM
    I'm using pb for similar purpose.

I download movies on my pc, stream movies using dlna ( get kalemsoft for pb) and connect my pb to hdtv using micro hdmi cable ( don't forget to buy one).

Good luck.
    12-29-12 04:29 AM
    Hi guys, thanks for having me!

So i own a Curve, love it, and I want to get a tablet to replace my lost ipod...
    I was looking at the kindle fire when I stumbled across the PlayBook 7" Tablet - 64 GB...

Its much better value for money and I'm gonna go for it if its gonna provide me with the features I'm after...

Sorry if these are all obvious questions, I've been trawling through pages and the answers aren't coming up...

Thanks so much!!!!

Jo x
    Jo,

You may need to do some video conversion for them to play correctly on your Playbook. See the enclosed article, that's how I convert them when I travel. No sound on your BlackBerry PlayBook videos? No problem! | CrackBerry.com
    12-29-12 07:35 AM
    Here is a site that you can watch movies on when you have internet connection. Watch movies online for free movie download at movie2k.to
    12-29-12 07:46 AM
    Welcome to the forum.

The main reason I bought a Playbook was to watch videos while traveling by bus to/from work.
    I've had it over a year and have since bought a second one for my wife. She kept taking mine.

Get Kalemsoft Media Player for videos.
    I have nothing to do with this company but after a year of trying everything available I feel this media player is the best.
    Even if you don't use the streaming options it's worth the money. It will play a lot more formats than the media player included with the Playbook. It will also resume playback from where you stopped watching a video earlier.
    The audio (MP3) player included is fairly basic but works good. I don't really use it for audio so haven't tried any other players.
    Bridging with your Curve is kind of cool but I seldom use the Bridging features.
    12-29-12 08:41 AM