Hey guys, just wanted to ask you guys what you thought about the playbook in terms of 'flow' zompared to the z10, for instance. Do you have the same keyboard and swipe gestures on the playbook that you get when using the z10?

Reason I ask is I'm in the market for a tablet and I am stuck between the nexus 7 and the newer playbook
    10-25-13 08:34 AM
    You might find this thread of interest:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rience-862493/
    stevenson232 likes this.
    10-25-13 08:44 AM
    Hey guys, just wanted to ask you guys what you thought about the playbook in terms of 'flow' zompared to the z10, for instance. Do you have the same keyboard and swipe gestures on the playbook that you get when using the z10?

Reason I ask is I'm in the market for a tablet and I am stuck between the nexus 7 and the newer playbook
    Are you talking about "newer" playbook released in 2011?
    10-25-13 08:46 AM
    I have a Playbook and i can only recommend you the Nexus! Buy the Nexus 7 2013 and you wont regret it( a friend of mine has the Nexus and its amazing).

My PB "does the job" for me just because i try to be humble about it. Also, i don't have money to buy another one lolol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    stevenson232 likes this.
    10-25-13 08:52 AM

I actually have all three devices (except that my PB is Wi-fi only) The z10 is the best for swiping for flow and gestures. Love it! Can't say enough good things about it. I cannot stand my typing experience on my nexus 7. The PB is better when it comes to flow and typing but other than that, I find my nexus more useful. I still have certain things I prefer on my PB than nexus (like browsing interactive web pages) but overall (other than wanting to poke my eyes out every time auto-correct performs like auto change) I've been getting more use from my Nexus. I also use my Nexus as a gateway to APK files from Google Play (which I find easier than Blue stacks) I simply transfer them to my PC via Bluetooth and then I can convert and sideload them to my Z10. Since you have never used the PB, I think you will find the downgrade from the Z10 laggy by comparison. I know after playing with my Z10 for that first month and then picking up my Playbook, the difference in flow was very noticeable. Hope this helps.
    stevenson232 and SEAWARRIOR like this.
    10-25-13 08:54 AM
    You might find this thread of interest:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rience-862493/
    Thank you, perfect thread to go through for me

I actually have all three devices (except that my PB is Wi-fi only) The z10 is the best for swiping for flow and gestures. Love it! Can't say enough good things about it. I cannot stand my typing experience on my nexus 7. The PB is better when it comes to flow and typing but other than that, I find my nexus more useful. I still have certain things I prefer on my PB than nexus (like browsing interactive web pages) but overall (other than wanting to poke my eyes out every time auto-correct performs like auto change) I've been getting more use from my Nexus. I also use my Nexus as a gateway to APK files from Google Play (which I find easier than Blue stacks) I simply transfer them to my PC via Bluetooth and then I can convert and sideload them to my Z10. Since you have never used the PB, I think you will find the downgrade from the Z10 laggy by comparison. I know after playing with my Z10 for that first month and then picking up my Playbook, the difference in flow was very noticeable. Hope this helps.
    Exactly what I needed to hear. I've tried the Nexus 7 keyboard and think its horrendous. And that home button is death by design. But I really like the screen and the app selection is there. I've never picked up the PB before but I would really love the BB10 experience on a tablet.

Main use for the tablet: Web surfing, watching movies (youtube-netflix-video files). Nothing extensive, just don't want to be around the house lugging my laptop around with me
    10-25-13 09:01 AM
    Main use for the tablet: Web surfing, watching movies (youtube-netflix-video files). Nothing extensive, just don't want to be around the house lugging my laptop around with me
    Pretty much any tablet will do that adequately enough to be honest. For Netflix, you'll have to download the files separately on your PC.
    10-25-13 09:29 AM

Exactly what I needed to hear. I've tried the Nexus 7 keyboard and think its horrendous. And that home button is death by design. But I really like the screen and the app selection is there. I've never picked up the PB before but I would really love the BB10 experience on a tablet.

I've got Nexus 7 2012. Only swiping is between screens, swipe down for notification bar, and swipe off notifications. To "close" or exit most programs, you have to use the back button or home button out. If you want Netflix, you have to go android. PB has much better sound. Sorry, but nothing is perfect or an easy choice in tablets and you have to compromise. Actually, there is probably more swiping in a Win 8 tablet.
    10-25-13 09:29 AM

You could always try a different keyboard app from Google Play.
    stevenson232 likes this.
    10-25-13 09:35 AM
    In some respects, I prefer the PB to the Z10. I would still like to wake the z10 with any bezel to cross bezel swipe, not just bottom bezel up. I still keep trying to close active frames by swiping them up and feel limited to using the little X to close them. And I don't like that the "homescreen" cannot be viewed in landscape mode.
    jonce2012 and mapsonburt like this.
    10-27-13 03:59 PM