So we have 2 playbook in our house - one for the wife (16gb) and one for me (64gb).

My wife was out shopping today, called and asked me if we should pick up a Kindle free with our Shoppers Drug Mart points for my daughters upcoming birthday - it retails in Ontario for $110.

I told her why would she want to do that when we could spend $90 more and get her a playbook. It's too bad Shoppers doesn't sell the playbook cause I could have probably persuaded my wife, but she stated she didn't want another playbook in a house with 2 already. But for the value of the playbook, you just don't get an ereader but a lot and I mean a lot more value for the price. My daughter would absolutely love her very own.

But then I got to wondering. If the playbook was available at Shoppers and we could get the deal, would my wife have been more receptive to the idea if you could get the playbook in a different colour?

I mean, why is the playbook only available in black.. was that because it was launched as a business or professional grade tablet? Would it not carry a "cool" factor especially for the youth or adults if you could get it in white, blue, red, etc. I mean how hard would it be to mould the plastic backing in a different colour and labeled the colour on the packaging? Why doesn't RIM make it available? Is it too difficult to inventory or control for warranty? I know it is easier to handle one colour.. I just think the youth and some adults may go for a playbook in an "attractive" colour other than black if it was available.

What do you think? Do you prefer the black or another colour? If not the black what colour or colors would you like to see available for the playbook?
    07-22-12 03:01 AM
    I like the black I think it's slick... I would however, love to see the playbook in white (similar to white dev alpha, which just looks amazing)... Would like the other colours too, but don't see it happening, as it's too many varieties. But you can get the different coloured cases for the pb I guess.
    07-22-12 05:20 AM
    You can get in any color you like, aslong as its black!
    aburridoz likes this.
    07-22-12 05:27 AM
    The white would definitely look cool aswell as other colours.

They will stand out to people who usually walk past them and could accumulate some more sales.

I prefer black devices so happy with mine.
    lovemyplaybook likes this.
    07-22-12 06:47 AM
    I like the black PlayBook. But eBay has a large selection of vinyl skins for those who would like to personalize their playbooks

playbook vinyl skin | eBay
    cdelcampo216 likes this.
    07-22-12 06:59 AM
    I like the black PlayBook. But eBay has a large selection of vinyl skins for those who would like to personalize their playbooks
    Skins are great for protecting the playbook and "giving" it colour, but it does make the playbook less sleek and costs more. I still prefer using my playbook as is..
    07-22-12 07:16 AM
    Get different colored protective zippered holders and make sure daughter gets 16gig device so your device doesn't get mistaken for the others. That is what I did. Just a suggestion.
    lynxs_claw likes this.
    07-22-12 10:38 AM
    If you want skins, I like the RIM gel skins (aka soft shells) over the silicone skins. The gel is a sturdier material and doesnt collect lint. Blackberry Accessories, Blackberry Case, Blackberry Bluetooth, Blackberry Charger, Blackberry Battery has them on sale for $7 and a bunch of other accessories. They offer clear, blue and black. They offer good protection without adding much bulk. They even fit into the neoprene sleeve.

BlackBerry Playbook Cases, BlackBerry Playbook Accessories and BlackBerry Cases in stock and on sale at BlackBerrySource.com
    07-22-12 06:24 PM
    Well when PlayBook was first announced. In 2010. There was a blue demo unit available. I'm sure if the PlayBook would had sold better. We would have seen more colors. (colours for my Canadian friends)

BlackBerry PlayBook Color Availability - Which Color Would You Go For? | CrackBerry.com
    07-22-12 07:02 PM
    CrackBerry Orange!
    lynxs_claw likes this.
    07-22-12 07:52 PM
    If you buy Ghost Armor, the protective covering for your PlayBook, you can get clear, black, gun metal grey, and white. Because it is Ghost Armor, it does not add any thickness to your device. It also comes with a really great warranty.
    07-22-12 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD