Unfortunately, the folks at RIM have no clue how to market their products. Their commercials are among the most forgetable on TV. The failure to generate buzz for the upcoming release of os2 is nothing short of incompetence on parade. A set release date should have been announced no later than Feb. 1st.
    Commercials??? What commercials???

I remember seeing only 1 Blackberry commercial EVER - for Torch 9800. Never seen any others... At least I don't recall seeing any others...
    02-07-12 06:43 PM
    I take it OS 2.0 will not be available everywhere the same day as it would probably slow or even crash their servers with everyone downloading such a large file at the same time. Do you think this will be correct?
    02-07-12 07:02 PM
    I love my PlayBook and the Forum. In fact I think that Kevin is doing a much better job than RIM.
    Being this close to a major release without a firm date is sloppy and unprofessional. In fact as can be seen on this Forum it just drives their prized and true blue customers to distraction.
    Just give us a date and get on with it. Enough already.
    berry_addict and 2010GOLD like this.
    02-07-12 11:39 PM
    That's true. I see more energy from kevin than mr. T. It's less than 3 weeks and they still don't have a date. Come on RIM this is a major version release. V2 it should have been done by now. And RIM should be working on a big bang party event on release date.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    02-08-12 12:06 AM
    Looking at that image and the fake glare on the upper lefthand corner of the screen my conclusion is the whole image is fake.
    Likely was... if by fake you mean a PS made by RIM based on actual real things. But hey, what do I know?!

02-08-12 05:01 AM
    I take it OS 2.0 will not be available everywhere the same day as it would probably slow or even crash their servers with everyone downloading such a large file at the same time. Do you think this will be correct?
    If it were any company except RIM, or any other device except the Playbook, I would agree with you. OS 2.0 does not apply to any Blackberry cell phones and sales of the Playbook have been low. So, I doubt RIM's servers will be overloaded or crash. But RIM has been delusional about the Playbook so far, so maybe you're right.

Despite all the chair shuffling at RIM, not much has changed. So if I resolved myself to the fact that OS 2.0 probably won't be out until the end February, I won't be too disappointed.
    carsten likes this.
    02-08-12 05:12 AM
    I've seen it mentioned that RIM seem to push the update notification by PIN range to avoid this sort of overload. I'm not sure if that is based in fact, but it seems a very plausible and sensible way to handle it!

Looking at that image and the fake glare on the upper lefthand corner of the screen my conclusion is the whole image is fake.
    Fake... as in "the glow that tells you that you have a notification when bridged" fake?

Sorry to pick factual holes in your otherwise insightful post...
    02-08-12 07:29 AM
    Don't recall where I saw it, wasn't is suppose to come out on Feb 14th?
    02-08-12 08:18 AM
    Called tech support, they said Feb 17th -20th
    02-08-12 12:28 PM
    Isn't that foretold by the Mayan calender?
    Having seen all of the chatter today re 21st Feb release for PB2.0, I may just be right. If not I will send you my Mayan Calendar lol
    02-17-12 04:34 PM
    Blackberry OS Fever:

02-17-12 04:50 PM
86 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD