wow. thanks for spotting this. hope there is some meaning to this
    Right!! Why else would they bother with the date??? Seems like 16 they expect it to be done and 17 out the DOOR!!!!
    02-04-12 10:18 PM
    I haven't seen any comment on the fact that Feb 17th is a Friday, RIM would have to be some special kind of stupid to release a major update on a Friday, and while I have my frustrations with them I don't think they are that dumb. Pure guess, Feb 21st.
    02-04-12 10:22 PM
    RIM's new Super Bowl halftime commercial:
    "Everyone hit update"
    I LOOOVE that idea, as a user...

As a RIM shareholder, I'd be kinda choked that they'd spend that many precious marketing dollars to reach a million (maybe) users...

Just sayin'...
    02-04-12 10:22 PM
    Why does the date on this playbook say Thursday Feb 16 2012??????????????????????????????????????????????
    In-terrr-esting catch... Not sure how meaningful, but DEFINITELY interesting...
    02-04-12 10:25 PM
    Why would they put the 16th as a date on this image? Why not the date the image was created or any other date for that matter? It has to mean something.Or it's sole purpose could be to jolt a fool like me? IDK
    kennyliu likes this.
    02-04-12 10:25 PM
    RIM's new Super Bowl halftime commercial:
    "Everyone hit update"
    I love it lol.I can picture Thorsten popping up on my tv with Playbook in hand and speak in his distinct German accent,"Hello my friends ,Lets Rock and Roll this!" Press update.
    02-04-12 10:29 PM
    2.0.0.7724 has the new PlayBook App World as shown in the pic as well.
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    02-04-12 10:49 PM
    2.0.0.7724 has the new PlayBook App World as shown in the pic as well.
    Is 7724 gonna be the released build? Whats your thoughts on the date in the pic Bla1ze?
    Last edited by BB-Bmore; 02-04-12 at 10:58 PM.
    02-04-12 10:52 PM
    I dont know about anyone else but im setting up a OS2 party on the 17th
    02-04-12 10:59 PM
    it will be in Feb. That's what Thorsten said atleast, and he is known for releasing products ontime.
    02-04-12 11:18 PM
    Hey, Thorsten. Small steps, ok? So, why not drop 2.0 tomorrow, uh, as a Sign of good faith? Right around the time that MaDonna is doing the half-time show would be cool.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk 1.4.5.1: Last update unless app re-purchased via AppWorld
    wenied likes this.
    02-04-12 11:25 PM
    it will be in Feb. That's what Thorsten said atleast, and he is known for releasing products ontime.
    Yes I think we all agree it will release in February. What has me excited is this photo was posted on blackberry dev blog just two days ago and the date clearly shows February 16. At this point I am banking on it being released on the 16 or 17.
    02-05-12 12:14 AM
    A date is needed YESTERDAY.
    RIM drop it on valentine's day and "love up" the release.
    I am wondering if they are mulling a tie-in with a Playbook 2 announcement.
    No harm in that.
    I think RIM needs to really smarten up to such announcements/releases.
    ericlc2 likes this.
    02-05-12 10:18 AM
    I do want to want to point out one thing that does sadden me a bit. I notice that even the die hard BB users and fans are second and third guessing the ability for RIM to get this update out in Feb. That is what is really disconcerting...if we are kicking around these types of comments between ourselves...what is the impact that is had when a person who is on the fence about moving to the playbook or a BB phone sees the negativity of the die hards of the ecosystem?

I personally believe that RIM has one chance to get the beginning of the new QNX led part of their business model moving forward and on the right track with the critics and the naysayers. I think if they miss this date, whatever date it is in Feb...the critics will NEVER let it die....

When even the most hardened BB user can be found doubting and or questioning the company that they support through their purchases then RIM needs to take heed...because without the crackberry heads they would be in dire shape...
    amen brother amen.
    02-05-12 11:39 AM
    So will we need a separate android player to run the android apps?
    02-07-12 01:25 AM
    So will we need a separate android player to run the android apps?
    It's built into OS 2.
    02-07-12 01:26 AM
    indeed, 21.12.12, maybe. doomsday
    02-07-12 01:39 AM
    Why are you teasing us, Blaize?

Btw, what's that grey bar on the right side of the screen?
    Looking at that image and the fake glare on the upper lefthand corner of the screen my conclusion is the whole image is fake.
    02-07-12 05:05 AM
    Looking at that image and the fake glare on the upper lefthand corner of the screen my conclusion is the whole image is fake.
    yea I would have to agree especially since the picture is from the blackberry developers blog. It makes sense that a developer who works for RIM would try and pass off a poorly done photo shop to fool us all. I bet OS2 don't even exist.
    Barljo likes this.
    02-07-12 07:04 AM
    yea I would have to agree especially since the picture is from the blackberry developers blog. It makes sense that a developer who works for RIM would try and pass off a poorly done photo shop to fool us all. I bet OS2 don't even exist.
    No it exists, but the question remains as to how far along it is in its development. One thing is for certain- and yea this is a keen grasp of the obvious- in three weeks we will know if they make their February deadline or not.
    02-07-12 09:46 AM
    No it exists, but the question remains as to how far along it is in its development. One thing is for certain- and yea this is a keen grasp of the obvious- in three weeks we will know if they make their February deadline or not.
    That was an attempt at being sarcastic...
    02-07-12 02:36 PM
    RIM doesn't really have an OS2.0 update, the Marketing Department is just been laying the ground work for a humungous April Fools joke!!!
    FF22 likes this.
    02-07-12 03:25 PM
    RIM doesn't really have an OS2.0 update, the Marketing Department is just been laying the ground work for a humungous April Fools joke!!!
    Obligatory response: RIM has a Marketing Department??!
    sapperuk and Thunderbuck like this.
    02-07-12 03:47 PM
    If RIM pushes back AGAIN the OS2.0 ... I am officially calling them Research in SLOW motion
    02-07-12 03:52 PM
    Unfortunately, the folks at RIM have no clue how to market their products. Their commercials are among the most forgetable on TV. The failure to generate buzz for the upcoming release of os2 is nothing short of incompetence on parade. A set release date should have been announced no later than Feb. 1st.
    ericlc2 likes this.
    02-07-12 04:08 PM
86 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD