02-19-13 10:13 AM
Can you tell me which ones, I'd love to have access to something like this!
J05-08-12 09:14 AM
- I use Box for pics and music because it gives a good 50GB of storage but limits the file size for each file to around 100 MB (so big files can't be used on a free Box account). Box has a native app.
I use my smaller 2.5 GB Dropbox account for moving single files temporarily both large and small. I also use it to store password databases that I can sync across multiple devices. You can sideload Dropbox as a converted android app.
I use Files and Folders for file management because it can also access those cloud services in the UI05-08-12 09:19 AM
I was a big evernote user and even that app has the same problem and i refuse to sideload the android app,which i have heard does work. Because i never ever got any reply to any of my support ticket requests i have canceled my premium account.
My daily usage for document stuff now is dropbox but i just have to remember to sync the files i have changed before i go out of wifi range.
I would pay good money for an app that would just auto sync google docs or skydrive.05-08-12 10:06 AM
- @twdawson: i complete agree with you.
I've tried the native and the android version of evernote and they both suck. The native version is useless because of the problems with the predictive text. The android version crashes.
Until there's a full sync app i'll continue to use Groovy Notes for text documents that manual sync to dropbox and Files and folders for other files.05-08-12 10:29 AMLike 2
- I find files and folders to be a bit sluggish so i just use the docs to go app to edit my documents and upload them to dropbox with the bluebox app.
All the apps on my playbook have to be native, if i wanted android apps i would of just bought an android tablet.
My problem with files and folders is when i edit a doc on my PB and then upload it to dropbox, i get a "copy of " in front of the doc i have just uploaded which is no good to me at all so until files and folders sorts that one out then i will continue to use bluebox which does not have that problem.
Last edited by twdawson; 05-08-12 at 10:44 AM.05-08-12 10:37 AM
- I find accessing google drive through files and folders to be hit and miss, i get a funny directory structure. All my files are in folders on google drive but when i look at them on the PB all i get is a list of files with no folder structure.
The google drive app crashes my pc on shutdown, so i use skydrive and dropbox on windows 7.
I wish stuff just worked, as i seem to be fixing problems with software instead of just using the things.05-08-12 10:50 AM
- It would be a perfect app for me if they fix the "copy of" problem.
The online document editing used to work great when i first bought the PB before the update to 2.0. I might have to look elsewhere for my mobile office solution in the future, but want to give RIM a chance to sort tbings out, hopefully the next update will improve tbings.05-08-12 11:15 AM
- Well they should because a premium account is not cheap. They have lost my money until they sort themselves out.
Again used to be a fully working app before the 2.0 update, yes it didn't have as much function as the other versions on ios and android but it did work.05-08-12 11:24 AM
Actually works fantastic! Even the "online" Office apps work!05-08-12 11:39 AMLike 3
- 05-08-12 11:44 AM
- Should not have to mess around like that, emailing docs back and forth will be a pain.
We need native apps as people keep saying we are moving to the cloud, but not with the way things are at the minute.
Personally I am waiting for a windows 8 arm based tablet and if the Playbook is no better at this stuff then it's goodbye RIM.
I need stuff that works, my Playbook stays at home now and I have gone back to the netbook for the portable office needs.05-08-12 12:18 PM
I have set up DropBox for a client, who also uses Files and Folders for access
Local Cloud (my MyBookLive Western Digital NAS) is accessed via the PB browser (works well for streaming videos) - thanks to kcmagnet who posted this advice for local access to a MyBookLive
PB network question
Unfortunately I cannot access the Western Digital WD2GO Remote Cloud service via my PB (I think it needs a Java applet on a Mac or PC to run)05-08-12 12:34 PM
- Native apps are not the answer, BETTER Native apps from cloud storage providers are needed.
I've used the native app for Dropbox on my android for a long time. It does not sync automatically, and you have to individually upload each file (except camera photos :S). (that's file, not even folders;uploads ONLY a single file!)
Currently, no "App" not even iOS or Android, has all the features of a desktop client like autosync. (atleast none I am aware of)
I did however read a work around somewhere in crackberry where sugarsync had a autosync with the playbook.05-08-12 12:55 PM
I also use the native bluebox app to share music, photos and video with my brothers.
Last edited by 416to604; 05-08-12 at 05:02 PM. Reason: typo05-08-12 01:26 PM
- I use blue box for storage and dropbox for hosting. I've had problems trying to share file in bluebox. For dropbox I just bookmarked it in my browser. So it just added 1 click. I use air browser cause its easier to manage files with. From time to time I'll use ghost commander.05-08-12 01:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD