CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Clickable links on my pdf douments

Anyone's helps is highly appreciated!

I have sent all my Word documents to my playbook via print-to-go and acrobat reader has stripped all their links, anyone who knows how to retain them?

I need the links to navigate on my documents, if they can not be retained during the process, then i better off convert the documents into html objects on my Window platform and eventually be used in my PlayBook, would an issue of compatibility be raised here?

I am grateful of any helps from any one.
    CrackBerry Addict

Default Re: Clickable links on my pdf douments

Quote Originally Posted by moderations View Post
    (...) acrobat reader has stripped all their links, anyone who knows how to retain them?
    The PB original acrobat reader is very bad, you need more. Fortunately there are plenty alternate solutions; I recommend 'PDF reader' which definitely handle links internal to a pdf document (I use it all the time for this reason).

Also let's mention the excellent Smart Office 2 which isn't primarily a pdf reader (creates/edit all Microsoft documents) but will also handle pdfs properly (i. e. with the capability to follow the internal links), and also 'quickly showing' them by 2 or 4 pages at a time, which I find very helpful to rapidly converge on a given page when you remember the illustrations...

Both handle word searches efficiently. If you want real document editing in addition to pdf consultation, get Smart Office.
    Last edited by Herve5; 11-10-2012 at 06:51 AM. Reason: added Smart Office 2
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Default PDF reader is impressive indeed

Thanks for your briefings and I really found the PDF reader very impressive after reading its program description, specially the comment "PDF reader starts where Adobe Reader stops.

I have this pdf program that also handles the internal links of the pdf which I converted from my original Word document, the only shortness is upon clicking the link embedded in its wordings it navigates to the beginning of the page where the bookmark is rather than the exact location where the bookmark anchors at in the same page like what the Word does in its document, this costs us the trouble of renavigating to where we want to get at. I guess this is what PDF readers are made for. Not sure if I have presented my point.
    Last edited by moderations; 11-15-2012 at 05:51 AM.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by moderations View Post
    (...) the only shortness is upon clicking the link embedded in its wordings it navigates to the beginning of the page where the bookmark is rather than the exact location where the bookmark anchors (...)
    I do understand the point.
    I just tried here with a pdf file that I built knowing exactly where the embedded links point to; it does "perform" perfectly on the PC with a classical reader, and not on the Playbook, where indeed both "PDF Reader" and Smart Office 2 switch only to the beginning of the associated page.
    Now there are various other pdf readers on the PB, but I don't own them to test... You may raise the question to the devs (and also to the guy from PDF reader: he's very reactive, and for instance just published an update to its app)
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Thanks a lot, that is what i am gonna do.