Results 1 to 21 of 21
Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By homer1475
  • 1 Post By Khameleon05
  • 3 Post By Chrysalis1156
  • 2 Post By alnamvet68
  1. endure's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    20 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Clearing the uninstalled apps list?

    Is it possible to clear the list of un-installed apps on the playbook? If I want to re-install something I know where it is
  2. homer1475's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,022 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    Short answer, no.
    Cell Phone History:
    Motorola Bag phone > Motorola Star Tac gen1 > Motorola Star Tac gen 2 > Motorola Razr > BlackBerry Pearl > Iphone gen1 > BlackBerry Curve > BlackBerry Torch > BlackBerry Torch II > BlackBerry Bold 9900 > BlackBerry Z10

    If you think my post helped you, please click the "Thanks" button over there!! -->
    Thanked by:
    samson47 (05-09-2012) 
    Willard814 and peter9477 like this.
  3. Khameleon05's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    83 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    Long answer, no it isn't.
    peter9477 likes this.
  4. Chrysalis1156's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,261 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,302 Global Posts
    #4  

    Default

    It makes it nice if you decide you want to reinstall something but too bad you can't get rid of the stuff you know you don't want again...ever. Would definitely be a plus to be able to clean it up a bit.
  5. Hgouck's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,099 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,124 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default

    If you find a way please let Us know.
    I hope this helps.
  6. f1mx's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    624 Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Even longer answer: It is currently impossible for users to clear their list of uninstalled apps from their blackberry tablets because it is linked directly to the purchase history of the user.
    If Jesus can walk on water, Chuck Norris can swim on ground

    Z10 STL100-3 OS 10.1.0.4181
    PlayBook 32 GB OS 2.1.0.1032
    Thanked by 2:
    bbfan1040 (05-09-2012),  mszbzltn (05-09-2012) 
  7. varunsain's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,405 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,408 Global Posts
    PIN
    501BBBBB
    #7  

    Default

    Wait a minute, I recently noticed my PlayBook apps showing on my BlackBerry smartphone App world under My World>Other Devices.. I can hide the app from there.. Wonder what that would result in on the PB..

    Can't tell you that since my Playbook is currently dead and I'm figuring a way to bring it back..
  8. alnamvet68's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,213 Posts
    PIN
    2AA6XXXX
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by varunsain View Post
    Wait a minute, I recently noticed my PlayBook apps showing on my BlackBerry smartphone App world under My World>Other Devices.. I can hide the app from there.. Wonder what that would result in on the PB..

    Can't tell you that since my Playbook is currently dead and I'm figuring a way to bring it back..

    Did you not follow the ACLS protocols? Is there a Public Access Defibrillator near you? What does the EKG monitor say? Have you confirmed the PB is "dead" in atleast 2 leads? Is your PB on the organ donation list?
    If You Can Read This, Thank a Teacher...if it's in English, Thank a Soldier


    Support: www.woundedwarriorproject.org

    We etch these names in granite to stand against time so we and our children can learn and remember.
  9. varunsain's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,405 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,408 Global Posts
    PIN
    501BBBBB
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alnamvet68 View Post
    Did you not follow the ACLS protocols? Is there a Public Access Defibrillator near you? What does the EKG monitor say? Have you confirmed the PB is "dead" in atleast 2 leads? Is your PB on the organ donation list?
    Yea it's already done a Jesus on me once before.. I'm giving it 30 more hours.. since last night.. Don't wanna jinx it or anything but it doesn't die!
  10. mandony's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,255 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    The list is tied to your BB ID on appWorld
    The only way to 'clear' the list is to make a new ID and start apps from fresh.

    The problems are:
    If you had paid for an app on the old account, you may not be able to get a free upgrade on the new account.
    If you have an app from the old account, you will not get notification of upgrades on the new account.
  11. wuulfy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    765 Posts
    Global Posts
    766 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default

    i would like to do this too....for some reason i find them just sitting there annoying
    oil.....is it really worth it?
  12. alnamvet68's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,213 Posts
    PIN
    2AA6XXXX
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wuulfy View Post
    i would like to do this too....for some reason i find them just sitting there annoying
    Me too. I would really like to know the what and why's of this setup.
    If You Can Read This, Thank a Teacher...if it's in English, Thank a Soldier


    Support: www.woundedwarriorproject.org

    We etch these names in granite to stand against time so we and our children can learn and remember.
  13. varunsain's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,405 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,408 Global Posts
    PIN
    501BBBBB
    #13  

    Default

    Guys there is a 'Hide' option for PlayBook apps when you access your App World through your BB. Can someone try this?
  14. rotorwrench's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,968 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,974 Global Posts
    PIN
    Forget it
    #14  

    Default

    I just tried it on several apps and it didn't work. That includes refreshing the list. As a matter of fact, after I chose hide, they were still there on my phone uninstalled list. It didn't hide them. I'll experiment more later.
    There are trolls in BlackBerry clothing among us. Report and never reply to obvious troll posts, they will die without responses from you.
  15. sujits1's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    PIN
    21BEAA20
    #15  

    Default

    Ok if you delete an app through app world it appears on the list of un-installed apps. But if you long press and delete from your app dashboard it does not appear in un-installed apps in app world.
    It worked for me
    Give it a try
    Thanked by:
    cuteguy11981 (07-16-2012) 
  16. varunsain's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,405 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,408 Global Posts
    PIN
    501BBBBB
    #16  

    Default

    Can you confirm this for the PlayBook? For the BB you can simply delete apps from the uninstall list by selecting delete in the menu option..
  17. bakeke44's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sujits1 View Post
    Ok if you delete an app through app world it appears on the list of un-installed apps. But if you long press and delete from your app dashboard it does not appear in un-installed apps in app world.
    It worked for me
    Give it a try
    will the deleted app also disappear on your 'installed' list? tnx
  18. cuteguy11981's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #18  

    Thumbs up It works, finally found out a way!:)

    Sujits1, thanks a lot buddy. Ur post helped me remove an uninstalled app permanently with a small change.

    The following steps can be followed to permanently delete the app from ur playbook app world:

    1. First re-install the app that you want to delete.
    2. Then disconnect the playbook from any active connections using internet like wifi or bluetooth.
    3. Go to the menu screen where you see all the installed apps icons and long press on anyone icon, till they start to blink (the delete icon appears on all apps).
    4. Click on delete, the app is permanently deleted from the playbook n the app world as well.

    I have successfully cleared by uninstalled list on my playbook. Hope this works for others too.
    Last edited by cuteguy11981; 07-16-2012 at 06:33 PM.
  19. narci's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,342 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,343 Global Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cuteguy11981 View Post
    Sujits1, thanks a lot buddy. Ur post helped me remove an uninstalled app permanently with a small change.

    The following steps can be followed to permanently delete the app from ur playbook app world:

    1. First re-install the app that you want to delete.
    2. Then disconnect the playbook from any active connections using internet like wifi or bluetooth.
    3. Go to the menu screen where you see all the installed apps icons and long press on anyone icon, till they start to blink (the delete icon appears on all apps).
    4. Click on delete, the app is permanently deleted from the playbook n the app world as well.

    I have successfully cleared by uninstalled list on my playbook. Hope this works for others too.
    This didn't work for me.
  20. Alex_Hong's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,759 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,912 Global Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Actually I used to hate the uninstalled list. But then I tried Android and WP7.5. Now I think that its actually not such a bad idea.

    Every time I flash a new ROM, I have to hunt down the apps again. A lot of times I can't remember everything I installed. So at times, I would have to install an app outside of wi-fi and eating up into my data.

    But I would still like to have the option to remove a totally crap app permanently from that list.
  21. godsend85's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    162 Posts
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cuteguy11981 View Post
    Sujits1, thanks a lot buddy. Ur post helped me remove an uninstalled app permanently with a small change.

    The following steps can be followed to permanently delete the app from ur playbook app world:

    1. First re-install the app that you want to delete.
    2. Then disconnect the playbook from any active connections using internet like wifi or bluetooth.
    3. Go to the menu screen where you see all the installed apps icons and long press on anyone icon, till they start to blink (the delete icon appears on all apps).
    4. Click on delete, the app is permanently deleted from the playbook n the app world as well.

    I have successfully cleared by uninstalled list on my playbook. Hope this works for others too.

    Even if you delete the app like this, it remains as an "installed" app in the appworld list.
    This works only for sideloaded apps where you cannot uninstall apps using Appworld.

Posting Permissions