Is it possible to clear the list of un-installed apps on the playbook? If I want to re-install something I know where it is
    05-09-12 02:46 PM
    Short answer, no.
    Willard814, peter9477 and samson47 like this.
    05-09-12 02:49 PM
    Long answer, no it isn't.
    peter9477 likes this.
    05-09-12 03:11 PM
    It makes it nice if you decide you want to reinstall something but too bad you can't get rid of the stuff you know you don't want again...ever. Would definitely be a plus to be able to clean it up a bit.
    Marty_LK, SunnyFL and tonyron227 like this.
    05-09-12 03:12 PM
    If you find a way please let Us know.
    05-09-12 03:15 PM
    Even longer answer: It is currently impossible for users to clear their list of uninstalled apps from their blackberry tablets because it is linked directly to the purchase history of the user.
    mszbzltn and bbfan1040 like this.
    05-09-12 05:41 PM
    Wait a minute, I recently noticed my PlayBook apps showing on my BlackBerry smartphone App world under My World>Other Devices.. I can hide the app from there.. Wonder what that would result in on the PB..

Can't tell you that since my Playbook is currently dead and I'm figuring a way to bring it back..
    05-10-12 01:46 AM
    Wait a minute, I recently noticed my PlayBook apps showing on my BlackBerry smartphone App world under My World>Other Devices.. I can hide the app from there.. Wonder what that would result in on the PB..

Can't tell you that since my Playbook is currently dead and I'm figuring a way to bring it back..

Did you not follow the ACLS protocols? Is there a Public Access Defibrillator near you? What does the EKG monitor say? Have you confirmed the PB is "dead" in atleast 2 leads? Is your PB on the organ donation list?
    Harryl6134 and stackberry369 like this.
    05-10-12 07:01 AM
    Did you not follow the ACLS protocols? Is there a Public Access Defibrillator near you? What does the EKG monitor say? Have you confirmed the PB is "dead" in atleast 2 leads? Is your PB on the organ donation list?
    Yea it's already done a Jesus on me once before.. I'm giving it 30 more hours.. since last night.. Don't wanna jinx it or anything but it doesn't die!
    05-10-12 07:18 AM
    The list is tied to your BB ID on appWorld
    The only way to 'clear' the list is to make a new ID and start apps from fresh.

The problems are:
    If you had paid for an app on the old account, you may not be able to get a free upgrade on the new account.
    If you have an app from the old account, you will not get notification of upgrades on the new account.
    05-10-12 07:56 AM
    i would like to do this too....for some reason i find them just sitting there annoying
    05-10-12 09:39 AM
    i would like to do this too....for some reason i find them just sitting there annoying
    Me too. I would really like to know the what and why's of this setup.
    05-10-12 11:39 AM
    Guys there is a 'Hide' option for PlayBook apps when you access your App World through your BB. Can someone try this?
    05-11-12 12:42 AM
    I just tried it on several apps and it didn't work. That includes refreshing the list. As a matter of fact, after I chose hide, they were still there on my phone uninstalled list. It didn't hide them. I'll experiment more later.
    05-11-12 01:10 AM
    Ok if you delete an app through app world it appears on the list of un-installed apps. But if you long press and delete from your app dashboard it does not appear in un-installed apps in app world.
    It worked for me
    Give it a try
    cuteguy11981 likes this.
    05-11-12 02:40 AM
    Can you confirm this for the PlayBook? For the BB you can simply delete apps from the uninstall list by selecting delete in the menu option..
    05-11-12 03:43 AM
    Ok if you delete an app through app world it appears on the list of un-installed apps. But if you long press and delete from your app dashboard it does not appear in un-installed apps in app world.
    It worked for me
    Give it a try
    will the deleted app also disappear on your 'installed' list? tnx
    05-11-12 04:09 AM
    Sujits1, thanks a lot buddy. Ur post helped me remove an uninstalled app permanently with a small change.

The following steps can be followed to permanently delete the app from ur playbook app world:

1. First re-install the app that you want to delete.
    2. Then disconnect the playbook from any active connections using internet like wifi or bluetooth.
    3. Go to the menu screen where you see all the installed apps icons and long press on anyone icon, till they start to blink (the delete icon appears on all apps).
    4. Click on delete, the app is permanently deleted from the playbook n the app world as well.

I have successfully cleared by uninstalled list on my playbook. Hope this works for others too.
    Last edited by cuteguy11981; 07-16-12 at 06:33 PM.
    07-16-12 06:28 PM
    Sujits1, thanks a lot buddy. Ur post helped me remove an uninstalled app permanently with a small change.

The following steps can be followed to permanently delete the app from ur playbook app world:

2. Then disconnect the playbook from any active connections using internet like wifi or bluetooth.
    3. Go to the menu screen where you see all the installed apps icons and long press on anyone icon, till they start to blink (the delete icon appears on all apps).
    4. Click on delete, the app is permanently deleted from the playbook n the app world as well.

I have successfully cleared by uninstalled list on my playbook. Hope this works for others too.
    This didn't work for me.
    07-18-12 12:47 AM
    Actually I used to hate the uninstalled list. But then I tried Android and WP7.5. Now I think that its actually not such a bad idea.

Every time I flash a new ROM, I have to hunt down the apps again. A lot of times I can't remember everything I installed. So at times, I would have to install an app outside of wi-fi and eating up into my data.

But I would still like to have the option to remove a totally crap app permanently from that list.
    07-18-12 01:05 AM

Even if you delete the app like this, it remains as an "installed" app in the appworld list.
    This works only for sideloaded apps where you cannot uninstall apps using Appworld.
    07-18-12 01:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD