My company uses a web based Citrix client. I am able to login, but once I try to log into any of my utilities, I get a message saying "Your browser must have Java enabled for the client to use Java". Obviously, I do have Java enabled on the Playbook browser (which is by default). Is there a work around for this, or do we have to wait for some kind of app or update? Thanks.
    04-20-11 06:02 PM
    i would like to know too
    04-20-11 06:24 PM
    Citrix? are you using Mastermind?
    04-20-11 06:46 PM
    Citrix? are you using Mastermind?
    It's actually through Aphelion (Metaframe Presentation Server).

Edit: glad to find putting people on ignore here is indeed part of the full web experience on Playbook.
    Last edited by Invader3K; 04-20-11 at 06:59 PM.
    04-20-11 06:53 PM
    well, yes I should have said Metaframe. Metaframe would then access Matermind or whatever system you are accessing. At least thats how I would access ours. Which leads to to wonder if my Cisco VPN would work.... hmmmmm
    04-20-11 07:24 PM
    This thread caught my attention, because i am not interested as much in media, games and such. I am interested more in getting actual work done. So i am looking for work solutions. i am particularly interested in remote access to manage and access applications remotely using this great Playbook form factor. Tried to do some of these things on my BB but the screen is just to small.

Here is what i found out so far. I tried setting up UltraVCN and use the browser in the Playbook to access another PC on my network, but the browser gives an error. i assume this is because the browser Java wasn't compatible.

I also have given Citrix GoToMeeting which also is a web browser Java based application a try. i do these at least a couple times a week. Unfortunately I found this application also gives an error in the Playbook browser.

I am also going to try a few other things. I am hopeful that the Playbook will be attractive to IT departments and that some of these services will be developed for it. Good enterprise Apps I hope will be added to this platform.
    04-20-11 08:15 PM
    I believe Citrix are developing a PlayBook client, though it is some months away.

At this point, for remote admin / control of a computer, www.logmein.com works on the PlayBook with no hassles.
    04-20-11 08:19 PM
    Thanks for the tip about logmein. That can help me for now.
    04-20-11 08:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD