How come mister Chens remarks about a possibility for a new BB tablet gets noticed on the Passport forum but doesn't seem to awaken any spirits on this here Playbook forum?
    BlackBerry Tablet -- Can Chen Re-Write the Playbook?
    10-30-14 01:22 PM
    Not much activity in the PlayBook forums these days, the OP wanted to be where the action is.....

I agree it was placed in the wrong forum and a mod will most likely move it here at some point.
    10-30-14 01:59 PM
    I really hope he was joking. A tablet would be a terrible idea right now.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    Last edited by crazigee; 10-30-14 at 02:15 PM.
    nealjane1 likes this.
    10-30-14 02:00 PM
    I really need he was joking.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    I think his comment should be taken with a pinch of salt too. Allot of people on here were claiming he all but confirmed a new tablet.

From what I've read since then it was more of a not so definitely maybe.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 02:15 PM
    Personally I find it rather amusing how this forum has been awash
    by comments of the "we need a new BB tablet" variety,
    only to meet an actual statement regarding such a device with sheer indifference.
    They've trained us well...
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    10-31-14 05:43 AM
    In reading it, my interpretation is that in some think tank group meeting the question was raised and enough comments to get it on the research list, nothing more. I have not seen a Passport but, it seems it could form the basic building block of a dedicated tablet without investing a lot of capital on the OS or hardware development. Likely many companies that are forward thinkers, these sessions can be amazing constructive if management promotes them, keeps and open mind and allows the proposor to move to at least make a more complete proposal and then a business case.

I took over a bankrupt company and instituted this management style and contrary to everyone's estimation turned it around in less than 2 years and sold my interest at a hefty profit. It did go down Bout 12 years later after the industry went down the tubes.
    10-31-14 01:27 PM
    Personally I find it rather amusing how this forum has been awash
    by comments of the "we need a new BB tablet" variety,
    only to meet an actual statement regarding such a device with sheer indifference.
    They've trained us well...
    But did they actually announce a new tablet or was it just a joke? I don't think that was meant to be a confirmation of a new tablet from BlackBerry.

Posted using my Z30 via CB10
    11-01-14 12:53 PM
    But did they actually announce a new tablet or was it just a joke? I don't think that was meant to be a confirmation of a new tablet from BlackBerry.

They didn't announce it, that's why it wasn't even on the Crackberry story page.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 01:08 PM
    Not that it matters, but it would seem the international news media found this hot enough a topic to "run with it". But all this is besides the point, which is: nobody even cares about a possible Blackberry tablet in this part of the forum. Says it all, quite frankly...
    11-01-14 01:13 PM
    Not that it matters, but it would seem the international news media found this hot enough a topic to "run with it". But all this is besides the point, which is: nobody even cares about a possible Blackberry tablet in this part of the forum. Says it all, quite frankly...
    The comments about the tablet were not what was covered by the international news media. Chen was being interviewed about BlackBerry and the comments about the tablet were a few sentences within that interview. The media covered the interview. The fact that the media didn't edit out the comments about the tablet is not quite the same as "running with it".

11-01-14 01:53 PM
    I assume you were able to process ALL the international media and the way ALL of them spinned this story...
    11-01-14 02:21 PM
    I assume you were able to process ALL the international media and the way ALL of them spinned this story...
    Yes, I did.
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    11-01-14 03:44 PM
    Well, it's hard to argue with omniscience... Are you enjoying your Playbook BTW?
    crazigee likes this.
    11-02-14 06:49 AM
    If BlackBerry did do another tablet I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole given the way that they treated their illegitimate first progeny in that regard. I don't trust then for toffee!

Z10.......er......BlackDroid in action!
    schwede likes this.
    11-02-14 06:56 AM
    Well, it's hard to argue with omniscience... Are you enjoying your Playbook BTW?
    Fortunately, I never went down that road.

11-02-14 08:27 PM
    I hope they do make one

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 12:32 AM
    Fortunately, I never went down that road.
    Ah, that explains your presence in this forum...
    tHe.iR1sH likes this.
    11-03-14 06:30 AM
    Ah, that explains your presence in this forum...
    So because I made the right decision and didn't invest in a failed product I'm not allowed an opinion?

11-03-14 06:54 AM
    So because I made the right decision and didn't invest in a failed product I'm not allowed an opinion
    So, where exactly did I say that? Come on...
    11-03-14 06:58 AM