Am I missing something ,or can I not charge my playbook when it is turned off? Also it acts weird when plugged in, trying to put to sleep,or turn off. any replys would be appreciated.
    05-12-11 11:55 AM
    Doesnt charge when it's off
    05-12-11 11:58 AM
    if i plug mine i while its off, it will turn on and charge.
    Can you elaborate the acting weird?
    i haven't noticed anything on mine, acts normal plugged in
    05-12-11 12:56 PM
    Yup, it turns on and charge... just like an iProduct. So nothing wrong there.
    05-12-11 01:12 PM
    I think the OP is referring to when the PB is totally off - not in sleep mode. When in sleep mode, with only the screen off, and you plug in the charger it will come alive and start charging.

I have read it does not charge when switched off totally (through the power button - held and then "Off" chosen).

Seems very silly to me, but there it is!
    05-12-11 01:37 PM
    when my playbook is OFF it will turn on when plugged in. Not talking about sleep here
    05-12-11 01:47 PM
    The most recent update allows the Playbook to charge even when off. Before that update, the playbook would turn off. After it, the Playbook turns on when plugged into wall or car charger.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-11 01:57 PM
    It's very annoying to say the least that it powers on when you are charging it. Mine also comes out of sleep mode for no apparent reason. It's brutal when it's plugged in and turns on in the bedroom at night when sleeping.
    05-12-11 02:05 PM
    I believe this is intentional because they are able to use software to charge the battery in a way that will increase its life.
    05-12-11 03:21 PM
    The power management is probably handled by the OS, which it can't manage if its off.
    05-12-11 04:08 PM
    when my playbook is OFF it will turn on when plugged in. Not talking about sleep here
    I stand corrected.

It must be a recent update. You are right, now even from fully off, the PB will switch on and charge when plugged in.
    05-13-11 04:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD