I've noticed something in the last couple of weeks that I definitely never noticed before. When I charge my PB with the power off it's recharge rate is very slow. I barely got 60 percent overnight last night, for example. But recharging when the power is on seems to work pretty fast. Is this my imagination or is there some reason it ought to charge more quickly with the power off?
    11-14-12 12:55 PM
    I don't know. On mine weather on or off, charging overnight fully charges my playbook. It might be a different story if you are using the third party charging devices.
    11-14-12 01:00 PM
    Charging overnight used to charge mine completely (and I don't use any fast charging or nonBB devices -- just the regular wall charger.) It just doesn't any more.
    11-14-12 01:30 PM
    I noticed the same thing. Charging (at least with the rapid chargers I have) while on seems to be much faster then charging while off. Glad its not just me.
    11-14-12 01:46 PM
    I believe after one of the updates charging while off turns on the backlight. Charging while in standby leaves the backlight off. In either case the included wall charger should be able to charge your PB completely overnight. Be sure your using the charger that came with the PB and not a BB phone charger.
    11-14-12 02:01 PM
    No difference on or off.
    11-14-12 04:44 PM
    This KB article is a little oudated but still relevant:
    The BlackBerry PlayBook tablet is unable to charge when powered off

Here are the highlights:
    - If the BlackBerry PlayBook is plugged into a power source while powered off it will automatically power on in order to accept the charge.
    - If the BlackBerry PlayBook is powered off while plugged into a charging source it will not continue to charge.
    Kandoo-BB likes this.
    11-14-12 08:31 PM
    Um yea my PlayBook doesn't charge slowly when it's off. As a matter of fact it doesn't charge at all when it is off lol how are you guys getting "slower " charge when it's off?
    11-14-12 10:59 PM
    This KB article is a little oudated but still relevant:
    The BlackBerry PlayBook tablet is unable to charge when powered off

Here are the highlights:
    - If the BlackBerry PlayBook is plugged into a power source while powered off it will automatically power on in order to accept the charge.
    - If the BlackBerry PlayBook is powered off while plugged into a charging source it will not continue to charge.
    This is no longer true on OS 2.0 and later.
    11-15-12 04:28 AM
    According to the KB it was true in 2.0.1.358.
    11-15-12 04:39 AM