How do you charge the playbook without the stock charger. It's been off and tied to my computer for 1 day and not a single charge went in, and on the thing doesnt even charge. z30 charger makes no difference.
    03-18-14 09:05 PM
    If not left turned off for forever the playbook isn't going to charge via a USB PC port. Buy a rapid charger
    03-18-14 09:38 PM
    How do you charge the playbook without the stock charger. It's been off and tied to my computer for 1 day and not a single charge went in, and on the thing doesnt even charge. z30 charger makes no difference.
    There are other chargers which will work. I use my HP Touchpad charger to charge the Playbook I am sending this post from. Probably many 5 volt, 1.8 amp chargers would work. The charger cable must have the the data wires shorted together for the Playbook to recognize the micro usb input as being for charging. There have been many threads on the charging problem. And be careful you plug any charger in correctly to the port or you will damage the port. See the manual. The short side of the trapezoidal charging plug is on the screen side of the PB.

The advice to get one of the chargers that attach to the magnetic charging port.is very good. The magnetic port chargers are 12 volt and charge at a higher rate than the micro usb charger.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    03-18-14 09:56 PM
    You may have to "Stack Charge" the PB once you get a charger that has at least 1.8 amps.
    Try this:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...arging-834499/
    The PC has not enough current in the USB, unless your pc has "Thunderbolt" USB 3

c
    03-19-14 09:36 AM