I, like others, have had issues with the PB and charging it. I have tried all kinds of things until I came across this YouTube video.

Seemed to be the same issue I was having and it seems to have solved the problem for me. Hope this will be a help to others.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7Kq35pTuXw[/YT]
    06-22-12 08:51 PM
    maybe a business card looks better? i find that sometimes even if the icon changes doesnt mean it works. the icon doesnt mean anything because sometimes i get the icon but it still doesnt charge up and i dont find out till the next day =(
    06-22-12 08:56 PM
    I haven't watched the video yet but figured I'd detail what has worked for me.

I have had a few problems with my cradle charger but virtually none since using a small, dry brush (the craft sort for painting - several sizes in a package for $1 or $2). I use it to clean the dust from out of the holes on the charger and from the prongs on the PB. I know that there have been several threads on this issue & several complicated solutions but the "dusting" works for me.

I also make it a point to check after a few minutes to ensure that the charger is charging. Of course that's easily confirmed with Battery Guru running!
    06-22-12 09:22 PM
    I believe that the video makes its point - Rim should be ashamed that a bandaid solution is required to get the darn thing to work. I think the blue thingie looked better.

And, yes, if you are not careful and watch for a bit, you can get a FALSE Lightning Bolt and it may not be charging. I use Battery Guru and watch to see that within a minute or two, the battery charge percentage goes up. And I use the NON_dock rapid charger but it can still give a false BOLT.
    06-22-12 09:47 PM
    I wish i had this problem with one of mine. My dock in my office has stuck middle pin, have not been able to free it and too scared of making it worse to open it up. Dock at home has this same issue, so i finally got guru to keep an eye on it. It is nice how fast dock charges when it is seated.
    06-22-12 10:14 PM
    Now having the false indicator issue. Geez I wish RIM would address these frick'in issues.
    06-23-12 09:14 AM
    I use Battery Guru and watch to see that within a minute or two, the battery charge percentage goes up. And I use the NON_dock rapid charger but it can still give a false BOLT.
    I have found that as long as battery guru shows "charge" with any value after it will charge. The charge rate will increase. See the screen shot with a lightning bolt but guru showing "power" this would be NO charge.
    It may be good practice to make sure the percent increases but this method hasn't failed yet.
    06-23-12 09:39 AM
    I have found that as long as battery guru shows "charge" with any value after it will charge. The charge rate will increase. See the screen shot with a lightning bolt but guru showing "power" this would be NO charge.
    It may be good practice to make sure the percent increases but this method hasn't failed yet.
    Ah, I guess I have not read the "fine" print in all of Battery Guru's displays to see the "charge" v. "power" versus cradle (which can show but not charge if poorly seated), etc. So I glance at the percentage and watch for the leap.
    06-23-12 07:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD