Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Charging Issues

The problem I seem to run into is when my PlayBook is completely dead and I connect it to the charger and it just won't charge, it indicates that its plugged in with a red flash and seconds after it will flash yellow and do nothing, won't charge, doesn't give me an ounce of power. I tried to plug the damn thing about 4 times, thinking it was charging, hours later I would come back and still no power. So I thought well this isn't working and decided to use my BB charger... Low and behold the damn thing worked. I don't get it, but it just worked. So after enough power to turn it on I can switch back to the PB charger and it works fine.

I've also had issues with my dock where it shows the lightning bolt when charging but once I get up from bed, its completely dead. (I'll let it be known I do have the antair alarm clock on all night as well)

Just wondering if anyone has had the same issues I have had with charging.
    CrackBerry Addict

I have atleast had issues with the charging dock, the lightning Bolt sign shows up and then hours later no charge. I figured out that sometime the magnetic interface between he dock and the PB doesn't sit perfectly well so just make sure to come back a few minutes later to see if the PB is indeed charging- if not then reposition the PB on the dock. I always run the battery guru app when I am putting the PB down for a charge.... Tells me whether it's charging or am I seeing a false charging icon on the battery

However I haven't had issues with the wall charger.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Yeah I always make sure its on the dock correctly, but maybe I'll double check just to make sure, its just really a pain in the a**
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    70,149 Global Posts

Yes the docks have a known thing where the pins don't always pop back into place. There is talk of some wall chargers that have been replaced for a defect and some say closing the blades and reopening them makes the connection work again.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's

Global Posts
    10,492 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.

I can speak as to the wall chargers.
    The micro usb end of my Playbook wall charger broke, so RIM sent me a quick charger replacement (which was super awesome of them). I fiured they'd ask for the old charger back, but they didn't so it went into the "nonworking electronics" box. Yes, I have a box for broken electronics

There is also this advice:

Locked, bricked

I was told about "stack" charging, 6 cycles of charge no charge, for 2 minutes each, charging for never more than 2 minutes.