Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By dangerousfen
  • 1 Post By malgpz900
  • 1 Post By CBCListener
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Charging alternatives

My PB's charging jack has got dislocated a little bit, maybe because of shoving it in forcefully, and now the charger's knob is not going into the charging socket of the PB so is there any other way i could charge my PB ?
    There are three slots at the bottom of the playbook one is for charging, the middle one, at the right hand is the HDMI one and I have no idea about the functionality of the one which is located on the farthest left hand side maybe there is another way to charge the PB other than the middle charging slot.
    PS I can get the jack fixed even though there is no BB support centre in Pakistan but I just need to charge my PB for some work before i can hand it over to the repairing shop so for the time being I need some alternative to get it charged up.
    Please help
    Thank you
    CrackBerry User

Default Charging alternatives PG

Same thing happen to my 64G model. Using a desktop charging cradle to charge it now. The three "gold"
    pins is for a cradle charger. Check out the one Crackberry has in their store (link below). Its a heck of a deal compared to what I paid when I had to buy mine from the big box store.

BlackBerry Charging Pod for PlayBook | BlackBerry PlayBook Cradles | ShopCrackBerry
    Last edited by iRonin; 03-28-2013 at 04:05 PM. Reason: forgot to add key info on what the pins were for
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,035 Global Posts

F2? Rapid travel charger attaches magnetically to the three pogo pins. See Amazon. Availability in Pakistan???

Are you plugging in USB correctly using the charger supplied with PB? Info below is from the BB Knowledge Base

Home* Support * BlackBerry Knowledge Base *
    How to connect USB and power cable to BlackBerry PlayBook tablet

Article ID: KB28112
    Type:*Support Content
    Last Modified: 03-19-2012
    Product(s) Affected:
    Tablets
    Search the knowledge base:
    Visit BlackBerry Community Support Forums
    Follow us on Twitter® @BlackBerryHelp
    Overview
    When connecting a USB or power cable to the BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet, please ensure the following:

The BlackBerry logo on*the*micro*USB*plug is facing the front*of the tablet
    The USB*symbol is facing the back of the tablet
    Additional Information
    If the USB or power cable is inserted wrong, the following issues may be seen:

Desktop Software will not connect to BlackBerry PlayBook
    Computer is unable to detect BlackBerry*PlayBook
    BlackBerry PlayBook will not charge or*power up
    CrackBerry Genius

The rapid charger plugs into the three pin adpt along with the charging dock. If you are using a mini-keyboard with convertible case I would use the rapid charger. If not the charging dock would be the way to go.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    That's for me to know and you to guess!

The rapid charger is more cost effective and versatile than the charging cradle.
    Do as you would be done by and 12 pence to the shilling (or 100 cents to the dollar).

Into every life a little ale must pour
    F2 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

I will agree with that.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,143 Global Posts
    PIN
    797F4953 Tab 3

Amazon.com: Blackberry Rapid Travel Charger for Playbook - Retail Packaging - Black: Computers & Accessories

There is also this option. They have both available on amazon if you need to save some $ I personally have bought several items from shop CrackBerry.com and it's always fast and we'll packaged. But sometimes I go to Amazon for the cheaper route.
    Phone too slow? Then you need Flow.

The World's Most Fabulous Crack-Droid!
    Thanked by:
    DANYELLOW2 (03-29-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Yes thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beryfan View Post
    My PB's charging jack has got dislocated a little bit,
    If the plug has been pushed in the port upside down it pushes the center pin out of alignment.*
    Try carefully squaring up the center pin of the charging port with something like a toothpick?
    I have been able to fix two non charging PB using this method.
    Worth a try before you send it for repair.
    Malcolm.
    Bold 9780. PB
    F2 likes this.

I'll post this for a quick comparison
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Charging alternatives-playbookchargers2.jpg  
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

The difference between the travel rapid charger and the charging cradle is regardless of any kind of Playbook cover or jacket you have on your device the former can do the job easily. With the cradle charger your Playbook has to be naked. Unless of course you have a very thin or bare bottom case.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by dangerousfen View Post
    The rapid charger is more cost effective and versatile than the charging cradle.
    Yeah, but the charging cradle allows one to sit the PlayBook on one's desk, displaying its capabilities to co-workers walking by. Just today a friend and co-worker who's a die-hard iPad fan came by (for a smoke, if you must know) and, after accomplishing his errand, left saying "you know, that really is a good size...."

And if you have three of them, you can set your PlayBook alongside your place, running a stream, or music, or just in case you need to view new messges. The other one's beside my bed, so that Today's Alarm Clock wakes me in the morning, while the PlayBook gets its daily charge.
    Martin Provost likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Thank you all for your positive and helpful replies I knew there has to be some functionality of the three pin slot anyhow thanks everyone.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

Quote Originally Posted by jpash549 View Post
    F2? Rapid travel charger attaches magnetically to the three pogo pins. See Amazon. Availability in Pakistan???

Are you plugging in USB correctly using the charger supplied with PB? Info below is from the BB Knowledge Base

Home* Support * BlackBerry Knowledge Base *
    How to connect USB and power cable to BlackBerry PlayBook tablet

Article ID: KB28112
    Type:*Support Content
    Last Modified: 03-19-2012
    Product(s) Affected:
    Tablets
    Search the knowledge base:
    Visit BlackBerry Community Support Forums
    Follow us on Twitter® @BlackBerryHelp
    Overview
    When connecting a USB or power cable to the BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet, please ensure the following:

The BlackBerry logo on*the*micro*USB*plug is facing the front*of the tablet
    The USB*symbol is facing the back of the tablet
    Additional Information
    If the USB or power cable is inserted wrong, the following issues may be seen:

Desktop Software will not connect to BlackBerry PlayBook
    Computer is unable to detect BlackBerry*PlayBook
    BlackBerry PlayBook will not charge or*power up
    I have absolutely no idea that what do you mean by F2 except that you are asking me that I live in Islamabad sector F2 if this is what you're asking then the answer is no I live in Lahore and as for the answer to the query regarding the correct connectivity of the charger's knob into the charging slot yes I'm connecting them correctly and the charger used is also genuine that came in the box with the PB and it runs perfectly fine as I use it for charging my 9900 also.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

Quote Originally Posted by malgpz900 View Post
    If the plug has been pushed in the port upside down it pushes the center pin out of alignment.*
    Try carefully squaring up the center pin of the charging port with something like a toothpick?
    I have been able to fix two non charging PB using this method.
    Worth a try before you send it for repair.
    Malcolm.
    I have fixed other things the similar way you've stated. I had given just a superficial look at the slot but now hearing that you have fixed your PB this way i'll definitely give it a deep look. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beryfan View Post
    I have fixed other things the similar way you've stated. I had given just a superficial look at the slot but now hearing that you have fixed your PB this way i'll definitely give it a deep look. Thanks
    When you look inside the usb port, there is connector board. It is closer to the bottom (if the screen is up while lying flat on a table) but should be level and not slanted or bent downward or upward. If the plug (knob) is accidentally put in the wrong way, it can bend or slant that connector board.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thanks for this post. I picked up a used PB and it was at 0%. I was able to clip a 12 Vdc adapter onto the rapid charge terminals.
    FYI the charge current started at 1.1 Amp.

Posted via CB10

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep16 View Post
    Thanks for this post. I picked up a used PB and it was at 0%. I was able to clip a 12 Vdc adapter onto the rapid charge terminals.
    FYI the charge current started at 1.1 Amp.

Posted via CB10
    And it worked?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,035 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by F2 View Post
    And it worked?
    This has been reported before. Delmeister reported his experiments in this thread.

Fast charger pin assignments??