Ok, only one short 4post thread on this from very early in PlayBook's life.

I haven't memorized and didn't take the time to look up battery data, but with all the external battery packs / power supplies out there doing it, with some hardware adjustments in future builds, could the PB (and other tabs for that matter) realistically share some juice with a BB phone/BB10 phone (or, as I said, other phones too) when they need a little help to finish the day?

Not talking recharge, or top up the battery on the phone, just a little "crutch" charge to keep out of the red!
    08-21-12 11:35 PM
    Why by all means, give it a try now! Find a cable that can link both devices and see which will suck the blood out the other.

Considering the PB has much higher nutritious demands, I'm willing to bet it will just cannibalise its smaller counterpart... And probably not even get any noticeable charge out of it.
    08-22-12 12:26 AM
    First, where is he going to secure a cable BB that connects the PlayBook to the BB SmartPhone? Inquiring minds want to know?????
    08-22-12 10:13 AM
    Adapters were created to sort that kind of issue.
    08-22-12 11:25 AM
    I imagine that the port was designed to power the smaller on-the-go usb devices if rim even enables it. So it might work. Other than that, I would guess someone could create a shunt from the inside battery terminals to some small socket of one kind or another.
    08-22-12 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD