Like Tree2Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Change Blackberry ID?

I want to know how to change blackberry ID on my playbook to a new account wıthout losıng the data that was onboard, lıke the HD demo vıdeo and the wallpapers?

Also, why does my Playbook battery dıe so quıckly.

Less than 4 hours of modern combat and ıt was dead from 100 percent.

If ıt makes any dıfference, I am usıng 0.1.358
    Last edited by Ishaq786; 08-27-2012 at 12:05 AM.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,408 Global Posts
    PIN
    501BBBBB

Maybe you can take a backup without encryption then unzip the backup file and search for all the stuff you need in there.. This would work long back.. Otherwise you can't switch data between 2 BBIDs.. If you have copy pasted stuff, then you can just copy paste it again to your desktop and back to pb.. If you don't get the files.. I have them somwehere.. will have to look.

Battery die can be native mail auto sync and push setup.. disable those.. and then reduce your playbook brightness to less than 50.. you can use the auto dim option also.. Otherwise not much resolution..

gaming is intense activity for the processor and stuff.. so will take up lots of battery.. modern combat is a good graphical game..

Try updating to the dev os - you can google - Blackberry playbook developer update and then look for the registration page.. after registering, you will get the update on the playbook.. However this will be beta format.. you will lose all your data and you might encounter several other problems unintended..

sorry in a rush
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I trıed to copy paste the fıles usıng desktop devıce manager, but the desktop devıce manager can't fınd the turtle vıdeo or the wallpapers. I really need to do a securıty wıpe to change my BB ID, but ı dont want to lose the wallpapers and thıs vıdeo.

Can anyone help me?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    408 Global Posts

You don't have to do a security wipe to change your BBID.
    I did it from my Playbook using this link

https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/home

If I remember correctly you login then go to account details, at the top of the page you will see EDIT. Change your user name only. This process will also have links to update your app world account so you don't have to repurchase your existing applications and games.

"People may not remember exactly what you did or what you said, but they will always remember how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,639 Global Posts

"In order to change the BlackBerry ID that has been activated to the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet on initial setup, a security wipe will need to be performed. To perform a security wipe on a BlackBerry Playbook tablet, please see: KB27188."

KB26694-How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone
    --
    8800 (Retired), 9000 (Retired), 9800 (T-Mobile), PB64 WiFi, Droid 4 (VZW)

At one point, there were links to redownload those items. I think someone posted a link to the wallpapers within the last two weeks. The video is harder to find.

The more radical DEBRICK procedure will restore both items, wallpaper and video.

I could be mis-remembering but I thought someone posted within the last few days that the bbid could be changed more easily (in the past, you could change the email address). But, again, I'm not sure.

edited to add: Whoops, Kretch posted a link but I have not gone there yet. I may try it on my 2nd pb as an experiment since I don't have much to lose.

edited FURTHER to add: Just logged to the site Kretch posted - I could not find a place to change my bbid. I could change my name, password, email address etc but it did not seem to offer a way to clearly change bbid or that this changes my bbid. I could be misinterpreting what the bbid actually is these days.
    Last edited by F2; 08-27-2012 at 09:10 AM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Kretches lınk only allows to edıt the BBID. Not to put a completely dıfferent BB ID. So my best bet ıs to fınd those download lınks then. Anyone?
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Ishaq786 View Post
    Kretches lınk only allows to edıt the BBID. Not to put a completely dıfferent BB ID. So my best bet ıs to fınd those download lınks then. Anyone?
    The debrick will restore the videos unless you are in a country where they are not supported. I haven't done it lately, but I usually do a security wipe, then complete the setup and then do the debrick.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,408 Global Posts
    PIN
    501BBBBB

Ishaq786 one of the members posted that you can download the old OS version, 1 or something and then unzip that file. You get some data with that., so maybe you can browse through it and find what you are looking for..

I have the turtle video but it's somewhere in the backup.. Will look for it if I get some time.. Wallpaper.. I don't think I have that..
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

A regional office supply store was dumping PB 16GB and sold the few they had during week prior to Black Friday sale. I drove 45min to pick one up the one showing on their internet inventory after calling the store to verify the PB did exist. On arrival, I found the one left was actually the floor demo model. The sales person was EAGER to get rid of the demo model that had only been in place for a "month or so" and had the original packaging and valid SKU or whatever so they could sell it.They even threw in a charger (which they had to do since the demo model had run down pretty completely and wouldn't charge using the USB cable attached to the display pedestal USB charger).

After a few minutes on the charger, I verified all worked and bought the tablet. Now the sales person deleted an app or two to get rid of the sales demo stuff. I started the update to OS 2.1 and setup a few apps, e-mail accounts, etc. I thought that I should change the e-mail address and BBID on this PB. apparently this was not the right thing to do as that broke the App world. I've reset back to original store settings and backed up everything on the device to the Blackberry desktop. After reading these CB forums, I see the registration site above, but the store demo BBID and password don't work.

From what I understand here to keep all that I've put on the PB, I need to:
    - perform a backup WITHOUT encryption
    - perform a security wipe
    - register to my Blackberry ID
    ? can I use the same e-mail address as for my Torch or must each device have its own BlackBerry ID, which seems to be the registration e-mail address ?
    - perform a debrick to restore old data (is this only doable if restoring using same BBID?)
    ? Can one "debrick" from data stored in one BBID to another BBID?

Thanks all for verification of next steps here!

I will venture one answer - my bbphone and my pb both share the same bbid and, therefore, the same email address. There has been recent discussion in threads about whether this might complicate appworld purchases or "device switches" when going from phone to pb and back.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts

My advice is to talk directly with RIM. That may be the only way to ensure you do not loose anything as it seems you only want a cosmetic change to your BB id.
    CrackBerry Abuser

RIM recommends one BBID for all devices. See KB24062.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    265 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rcm1301 View Post
    My advice is to talk directly with RIM. That may be the only way to ensure you do not loose anything as it seems you only want a cosmetic change to your BB id.
    Agree completely on talking with RIM for the procedure to use, BUT for those that have bought a store /demo/display type situation, or if you got the device from a friend/family member keep in the back of your mind most companies VOID the warranty if you let that info slip out.
    (I don't know how their system is setup-but if they have say "Office Depot" listed as the "owner" you might find yourself with NO WARRANTY.)
    CrackBerry Abuser

The only way to change your BBID is by doing a security wipe and restart from the beginning with a new one. Whether you get your previous Apps back I don't know. You will have to contact RIM regarding that.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default BlackBerry ID

HELPPPP!!!!!!
    Hi my name is kitkat234,
    i am tyring to change my bb ID but it kepps on saying can't change while offline and i don't know what i am offline on and i try put in my e-mail 7 time whoops and it still doesn't work please help i am beging and if your reply works i will be so greateful! i am and i am so tired from trying
    CrackBerry Newbie

hello,
    if i do a secerity wipe does that mean everything is TOTALLY GONE! reply bac plz
    CrackBerry Newbie

is there any way to do it without wiping everthing

anyone out there if so help
    CrackBerry Genius

My wife changed her BB ID via the BlackBerry website. I saw it change on the PB about a minute later. No wipe needed.

Edit: you need to know your email and password to sign in here https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/login/
    After that click account details then edit.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Change my BBID and user name without loosing data

Change my BBID and user name without loosing data
    CrackBerry Newbie

CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Mounir Derias View Post
    You can change the BlackBerryID email address by editing it on the PlayBook or the web site, but you are not changing the BlackBerryID, just assigning a new email address to the same BlackBerryID.

If you make this email address change for the BlackBerryID, the new email will be associated with any other PlayBook or phone with the same BlackBerryID setup on it. Some people do this, assigning a new email address and password, but then find they are locked out of the other devices with that were associated with that same BlackBerryID unless they put in the new password on these devices.

If you want to change the BlackBeryID to a different ID, such as when selling or getting a new PlayBook, the only way to do this is to security wipe the PlayBook and start from the initial setup. All programs and data will be lost.