View Poll Results: yes or no

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, give me another tablet.

46 16.43%
  • No, I'm sticking with my PB.

234 83.57%
    Tried Playbook....too many flaws.

Returned it for my $199 back, sold my old iPad 1 for $250 and bought a new iPad...even at $500 theres a reason it sells about 100,000:1 against play books....and no, its not marketing.

My 9900 and a new iPad are a great combo for traveling.

I know its a playbook fanboy site, but theres a reason this thing has been an epic failure (unbelievable native pdf, no Skype, no netflix, barren wasteland of apps) yeah I know...apps don't matter on a tablet, huh?

RIM should stick to solid phones.

(now wait for the mods to delete this "anti-playbook" post)
    ODAAT likes this.
    06-09-12 09:06 AM
    We have multiple generations of ipads in the house and I still carry around my PB. That's a fact
    06-09-12 09:23 AM
    The PlayBook is still the only tablet that meets my needs

Objective - a small and lightweight replacement for a laptop to use on a day-to-day basis that does not require me to use taxi's in London (I am disabled and unable to lug a heavy laptop around on public transport)

Mandatory:
    Portability (size, weight)
    Security
    Edit and email Word Docs (with tables, bullets, word 2003 formatting, etc) on the go
    Present PowerPoints on a client's projector (without having to give the client the actual files)
    Large enough screen for reading emails, office docs, and PDFs

Strong Preference:
    No extra Data Plan or SIM contract required

Had expected from day one, but still waiting for the functionality.....:
    DLNA

Would love to have....:
    Scrabble!
    06-09-12 09:28 AM
    Unless you offer me a pre-ordered 7" 64GB LTE NFC BB10 Playbook ...
    It's a massive NO (but thanks )
    06-09-12 09:30 AM
    No reason to be deleted.
    Your choices, your thoughts, some args ...
    kennyliu likes this.
    06-09-12 09:33 AM
    Had this option last year after I shattered the screen and decided to use my replacement plan at "worst buy". They didn't currently have any 32GB PBs in the state, but I could take the launch day price I had originally paid and use it on any other tablet in the store. I declined and decided to drive the 200 miles to the closest store that DID have one in stock instead. Considering the durability of the first one, no other tablet would do. (first PB finally home after falling off the car at 65 for about the 8th time, let's see another tablet do that, while in nothing more than the convertible case.)
    06-09-12 09:33 AM
    I would get whatever the newest Transformer Prime (or the newest android w,e). in fact even if I had to pay for it, for $199 i would do it without looking.
    06-09-12 09:49 AM
    Is there another 7" tablet of equal or better overall quality?
    If so maybe I'd consider it, but I don't think there is so my answer is NO.
    Portability is key!
    06-09-12 09:51 AM
    Tried Playbook....too many flaws.

Returned it for my $199 back, sold my old iPad 1 for $250 and bought a new iPad...even at $500 theres a reason it sells about 100,000:1 against play books....and no, its not marketing.

My 9900 and a new iPad are a great combo for traveling.

I know its a playbook fanboy site, but theres a reason this thing has been an epic failure (unbelievable native pdf, no Skype, no netflix, barren wasteland of apps) yeah I know...apps don't matter on a tablet, huh?

RIM should stick to solid phones.

Given that you own 9900 i assume that this is your objective opinion.

I do not disagree with you that playbook launch was very poor and thought through. I do not dispute with you that Playbook sales are no where near of Ipad.
    However this happened due to due CEOs being to cooky, not acknowledging the competition and their strengths. Going head to head with established ipad without native email was just extremely poor decision. (even though i love bridging a lot)
    For the same reason Blackberry smartphones are not doing well. Now having said that a lot of old management is gone and lot of fresh, new thinking are in. RIM has improved tremendously Playbook from original OS1.0 and the best part is RIM is not done yet !
    2.10 beta is superb and Android apps do feel more native then ever now.
    RIM needs to work hard to get OS10 right and the new blackberries and then you will see that Playbook sales will pickup. Playbook is superior device to ipad imo it just need more positive reviews. As to the app world i think it has good selection of apps and skype and netflix will come to playbook eventually. I honestly have life and i am not going to spend half of my time to browse through hundreds of thousands of apps which essentially do the same thing. I rather have smaller selection of the best apps [so yes i would like to see skype etc on playbook]

overall i would not replace playbook for ipad because i do not like apple and its enclosed system and excuse my language ripping client on every corner. i prefer sideloading and seeming less intergration of playbook and blackberry phone.
    06-09-12 09:51 AM
    My PB works great until I upgraded to the new beta version. Now I need another tablet that works. My PB browser hangs each time YouTube is accessed
    06-09-12 10:01 AM
    Magic Genies are involved? I'm trading up, yes...

The new one had better:

Be shrinking-expanding when I need it
    Run every app ever made, and a bunch that haven't been thought of ALL FOR FREE
    Make everyone who sees it instantly jealous
    Have a completely immersive 3D video, audio and tactile interface
    Have a 'instantly win arguments' button that ends a forum debate conclusively
    Completely change its entire look and OS when I get bored of it
    Take over every function of every other electronic device in my home, from TV to toaster
    Be able to connect wirelessly anywhere, through any medium I choose ALL FOR FREE
    Keep me endlessly entertained and boost my work productivity all by itself at the same time
    Think of new features and improvements and continually add them
    Reduce all other tablets to unworthy quivering masses of plastic and circuitry
    Tap into the time/space energy layer for infinite storage capacity and battery life
    Make my whites whiter, coffee fresher and personality irresistible.

And it better do all this now, because if it doesn't, I'm going on the forums to endlessly cry about what a failure it is.
    Chaplain_Clancy likes this.
    06-09-12 10:01 AM
    I would ask him to exchange it for a 64GB PlayBook.
    Me also. I love mine, it goes with me everywhere, I would not trade it for any other except for a 64GB. I never thought it would do so much for me.
    06-09-12 10:03 AM
    My PB works great until I upgraded to the new beta version. Now I need another tablet that works. My PB browser hangs each time YouTube is accessed
    Downgrade to the previous official PB OS ?
    06-09-12 10:03 AM
    Magic Genies are involved? I'm trading up, yes...

The new one had better:

Be shrinking-expanding when I need it
    Run every app ever made, and a bunch that haven't been thought of ALL FOR FREE
    Make everyone who sees it instantly jealous
    Have a completely immersive 3D video, audio and tactile interface
    Have a 'instantly win arguments' button that ends a forum debate conclusively
    Completely change its entire look and OS when I get bored of it
    Take over every function of every other electronic device in my home, from TV to toaster
    Be able to connect wirelessly anywhere, through any medium I choose ALL FOR FREE
    Keep me endlessly entertained and boost my work productivity all by itself at the same time
    Think of new features and improvements and continually add them
    Reduce all other tablets to unworthy quivering masses of plastic and circuitry
    Tap into the time/space energy layer for infinite storage capacity and battery life
    Make my whites whiter, coffee fresher and personality irresistible.

And it better do all this now, because if it doesn't, I'm going on the forums to endlessly cry about what a failure it is.
    Your sarcasm is hysterical.

I agree, people are just ridiculous when they expect something that is worth the money they spent on it and is comparable to other goods of the same price.
    Haseleyman likes this.
    06-09-12 10:17 AM
    Yes. I would swap it for any other high end tablet with full android. The apps are crap on the PB. RIM released this way to early. Got a galaxy tab 2...much nicer tablet and works. PB (all 3) were garbage.
    ODAAT likes this.
    06-09-12 11:39 AM
    Yes. I would swap it for any other high end tablet with full android. The apps are crap on the PB. RIM released this way to early. Got a galaxy tab 2...much nicer tablet and works. PB (all 3) were garbage.
    This thread is not for you. It's for people who have a PB.
    You've already found your genie, swapped and moved on so enjoy.
    06-09-12 11:44 AM
    I would keep my PB.

James
    06-09-12 12:22 PM
    I don't think i'd swap it..since i've realized i'm not really a tablet person and don't have much use for them..my phone does it all already and is MUCH more portable.

Would I buy one again though? Doubtful..but that goes for any tablet.

EDIT: On second thought..I probably would swap it for a 64GB iPad, and then turn around a sell it for a nice price. I'd then use that money to perhaps buy a used 9900 AND a new Nokia Lumia 710 (or used 800/900)! Then I could have the best of all the worlds...and use whatever phone is suiting my mood that day
    Last edited by Rickroller; 06-09-12 at 12:32 PM.
    06-09-12 12:22 PM
    80% would not. Blah blah rim fan blah blah what would you expect blah blah. Even so it says something.
    06-09-12 12:31 PM
    Is there another 7" tablet of equal or better overall quality?
    If so maybe I'd consider it, but I don't think there is so my answer is NO.
    Portability is key!
    PB doesn't even make the list Best 7-inch tablets - CNET Reviews Also see http://www.androidauthority.com/best...ts-2012-59543/

The only reason I got PB and not the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7, is the price.
    Last edited by rcm1301; 06-09-12 at 03:05 PM.
    06-09-12 03:00 PM
    By the way...still would not swap my wee PB for anything I love my ickle PB....
    06-09-12 04:55 PM
    OP, it's strange that your poll is yielding results that are different from my poll below:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...e-same-722006/

This may be due to your poll not being specific as to what options are available.
    06-09-12 05:46 PM
    I would. Give me a 3rd gen PlayBook, Mr Djinn!
    06-09-12 05:51 PM
    I've got a 16 Gig PB due to the price point. I wouldn't change it for any other device currently available.

Looking forward to the next Os and apps to keep coming to out environment.
    06-09-12 08:28 PM
    I want to be a fan of PB before it will be mainstream
    06-09-12 09:36 PM
101 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD