View Poll Results: yes or no

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, give me another tablet.

46 16.43%
  • No, I'm sticking with my PB.

234 83.57%
    Owning a Blackberry Smartphone, the Playbook makes it a fantastic extension. Especially the Bridge function, no need for extra data plan.

Only thing i'll trade it for as many has said, is a 64GB version.
    This about sums it up for me.
    06-08-12 09:38 PM
    ....I'm happy with Paul and Mary.....
    Last edited by alnamvet68; 06-08-12 at 10:02 PM.
    anon(1035135) likes this.
    06-08-12 09:58 PM
    No question, I'll swap it to the newest iPad. [I only got PB as it was cheaper, than the iPad]
    06-08-12 10:00 PM
    I voted NO. Playbook gets better and better. I just installed 2.1 beta and I am impressed with Android player improvements.
    06-08-12 10:01 PM
    I own the latest iPad, and two Playbooks. I recently got tired of my Playbooks so bought Samsung Galaxy Tab to replace them... well, long story short.. I returned the Galaxy Tab and have found a new found love for my Playbook despite the issues. Can't even put my finger on it. So answers, no. I wouldn't swap for something else.
    kbz1960, rotorwrench and bungaboy like this.
    06-08-12 10:09 PM
    Funny enough, when I bought my playbook a genie appeared. And he hold me I had two weeks to return/exchange if I needed to. He was weirdly dressed with a Futureshop (owned by BestBuy) uniform however.

I didn't trade it back then and I am glad I didn't. At a certain point I wasn't too sure when I made the decision but now I am.

The bridge alone has made it worthwhile. Was able to lower my tether requirements and the playbook has met my portable needs!
    06-08-12 10:09 PM
    I'd switch it out for a 64G playbook
    06-08-12 10:20 PM
    No! I love my Playbook. The Playbook is the perfect size to carry around all day and stay connected, surf the web, open docs, or read an e- book.
    06-08-12 10:23 PM
    Can the Genie wait for my answer?

If so, then I'll go with Windows 8.
    06-08-12 10:30 PM
    Nope. I actually have an IPAD and use the PB much more. The only thing I use the IPAD for lately is to watch Netflix. Which isnt very often any more because I have trouble finding anything worth watching on Netflix. I like the Flash support on the PB browser. It would be hard to give that up.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    06-08-12 11:12 PM
    My household have an iPad, Xoom and 2 PB's.
    iPad - easy, straightforward, very, very stable, BUT too restrictive (closed OS, iTunes) to make it versatile.
    PB - 7", versatile, practicle, BUT connection problems, needs very specific attention, many restarts & care and no SD memory expansion.
    Xoom - versatile, fairly stable (unless you have downloaded a crap app), memory expansion, choice of apps, BUT too big & screen not the best.
    So, if I am ever given the choice to only have 1 tablet, it will be a 7" Android one, probably a Galaxy Tab 7. It will be able to do everything that the PB can, PLUS it will be more hassle free and stable than PB. Hopefully next version of PB will blow Android out the park and let me go back to PB.
    Last edited by rcm1301; 06-08-12 at 11:27 PM.
    06-08-12 11:25 PM
    My household have an iPad, Xoom and 2 PB's.

iPad - easy, straightforward, very, very stable, BUT too restrictive (closed OS, iTunes) to make it versatile.

PB - 7", versatile, practicle, BUT connection problems, needs very specific attention, many restarts & care and no SD memory expansion.

Xoom - versatile, fairly stable (unless you have downloaded a crap app), memory expansion, choice of apps, BUT too big & screen not the best.

So, if I am ever given the choice to only have 1 tablet, it will be a 7" Android one, probably a Galaxy Tab 7. It will be able to do everything that the PB can, PLUS it will be more hassle free and stable than PB. Hopefully next version of PB will blow Android out the park and let me go back to PB.

It already does blow Android out of the water. I thought Android was extremely flaky after using an HTC device for a while. Connection problems with PB? Boy that hasn't been my experience. My PB has been every bit as stable as my IPAD. But the PB provides more interactive options than the one I'm stupid button on the IPAD.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    06-08-12 11:48 PM
    Love my PB! Wouldn't trade it, unless it was for 64GB.
    06-09-12 12:23 AM
    Yes - for a completely brand new unactivated playbook (same size or whatever, doesn't matter)
    06-09-12 01:05 AM
    I owned and sold a Galaxy Tab, not even close to the PB and not stable. We had two iPads in the house and I have much time on them also. Wifi and email issues. No swap for me. The PB is definitely the best tablet for me. It's been more stable and reliable than the other tablets we've had or still own. BTW, one iPad now sits unused and my daughter sold her's for a PB.

The results from the other previous polls like this have all been the same as this one will end up, the vast majority choose to keep their PBs.
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 06-09-12 at 02:21 AM.
    06-09-12 02:05 AM
    I said yes because I'd go for 64gb or perhaps 2tb. Hey, this is a magical Santa we're talking about.

Did anyone else skew the figures that way?

NJPhillies, I was wondering why you hadn't gotten rid of yours yet. You certainly do hate the thing.
    bungaboy and rotorwrench like this.
    06-09-12 03:41 AM
    I'll be honest; the day I bought my PlayBook, I figured I would give it a shot but that I'd probably return it before the 2-week return period was up. I had tried a friend's iPad 2 and the original ASUS eeePad Transformer tablets, but found them too big (although I loved that the Transformer could be plugged into a keyboard dock).

Once I started using the PB however, I was amazed. At the time I would pair it with my Galaxy Nexus Android phone for data access, but found I was using the PlayBook more than the phone for browsing. I also found the PB a perfect size for eReading as it was only a bit larger than my Kobo Touch reader; yet it let me read in bed at night without having to fumble with a clumsy light.

The PlayBook does have its flaws, but overall I'm very happy I bought it on a whim to try out. As it became my main browsing tool on the go, I ended up swapping out the Nexus for my Curve 9360 (I should have gotten a Bold like everyone here told me to!). Still, being able to bridge the phone & PlayBook is awesome, and I've gotten used to my phone's keyboard now so I can live with it.

The only thing I'd potentially want an iPad for is to plug iRig MIDI into it to use some sound samples on the go, but I don't think I'd use it enough to justify an iPad - and certainly not reason to abandon my awesome PlayBook!
    06-09-12 03:47 AM
    I said yes because I'd go for 64gb or perhaps 2tb. Hey, this is a magical Santa we're talking about.

Did anyone else skew the figures that way?

NJPhillies, I was wondering why you hadn't gotten rid of yours yet. You certainly do hate the thing.
    Exchanging for a larger capacity PB really isn't really entering into the spirit of the poll methinks.
    06-09-12 03:49 AM
    I would only because I should have bought a 32 or 64 GB PB.
    06-09-12 04:22 AM
    I would only because I should have bought a 32 or 64 GB PB.
    Now, a couple of months in and lots of apps & wished I had bought a 64Gb now too.
    06-09-12 04:31 AM
    Swap my 200$ Playbook for ANY tablet of my choice? Can I get a yeah!?

I like sideloading and flash, so it wont be an iPad. Probably pick the most powerful, largest Android tablet there is right now.
    06-09-12 07:28 AM
    Swap my 200$ Playbook for ANY tablet of my choice? Can I get a yeah!?

I like sideloading and flash, so it wont be an iPad. Probably pick the most powerful, largest Android tablet there is right now.
    I just had to chuckle. Not surprising from someone named googleboi.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-09-12 07:33 AM
    Not only no, but NO! I'm a Blackberry guy through in through. Until RIM "Gives up the ghost", BlackBerry I will be! My Bold is freakin' awesome and my Playbook is incredible. Between them both I have checked my bank accounts, read the news, read and responded to my email, BBM'd a few people, ordered from Amazon and written this......this morning with a nice strong cup of coffee.
    06-09-12 08:34 AM
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 please. The Genie would need to make up the �300 shortfall though, since my playbook isn't worth much anymore.
    Last edited by ODAAT; 06-09-12 at 08:46 AM.
    06-09-12 08:35 AM
    I'd switch for whatever plays my flippin' Pogo - otherwise I'm pretty happy with my 16gb Playbook.
    06-09-12 08:51 AM
101 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD