as title.. I don't see anywhere or heard they mentioned about the android player in ces2012? anybody?
    01-12-12 11:31 PM
    It's in all the new android games. The thing with the android player is that you won't know it's there. They are trying to make it so that the only people who will know it's an android app will be the developers who ported it over.
    01-12-12 11:35 PM
    01-13-12 12:20 AM
    Its there! Because I said so!!!

Over and out!

Just kidding
    01-13-12 12:24 AM
    Why is everyone so stressed out that it wasn't mentioned? And does the search button still work??? Someone needs to test that thing...
    01-13-12 12:29 AM
    i had been checking RIM News lately, i think they are hiding somthing from us( the most loyal BB consumer), most of us hold this tablet for more than 1-8 months, we had been through lots of lies that they have created. what we get are fake anouncements one after one. somehow, i feel that they will withdraw the android player plan--it could be a doubel edged sword to app worlds.
    prove me if i am wrong,
    thanks
    01-13-12 01:19 AM
    How about the fact that they've already started accepting Android Apps into App World in preparation for it. I do think that's it's been unfortunate that they've kept delaying things, but Android should not have been the reason that anyone bought a Playbook. They will be putting it in, but the idea is that they won't have to tout it because it'll work so seamlessly you won't know which is which. There has already been many threads regarding this.
    01-13-12 01:26 AM
    Looks like another nominee for the PB and moan club. Like mentioned above, its there, look for it rather than whine about "all of us" who have has a PB for 1-8 months!
    Tell me exactly what lies have they told us in the past month? 2 months? 3 maybe.....
    If you need android apps so badly, Factory Direct has android tablets on for less than 100 more often than not. Go get one, you'll be happier and us.."most loyal BB consumers" don't have to read this drivel.

I am the only one that seeing the similarity between posters like this fellow and Glen Beck effect?

sorry for the rant
    01-13-12 01:30 AM
    i think the concept of android player has evolved into something that is totally invisible to u as a user. very different from when we first saw it.
    u will no longer need to run android player as an app and then run android apps INSIDE the android player app.
    so when u launch a converted android app, it ("android player") will run in the background and u dont have to see any of it.
    so to u it will look like any native playbook app launching.

thats what I THINK is the case here.

their aim in doing all this was for APPS, not to have android tied to pb forever...hence their slogan for CES 2012 = "we have apps!".

plus i think its RIM marketing finally coming to their senses. no more free plugs for android. to call it android player gives the impression that the pb is somehow inadequate. when in fact it is powerful enough to run apps that were not intended to run on the pb on top of running itself.

just my 2cents.
    Last edited by stengel680; 01-13-12 at 02:10 AM.
    01-13-12 02:05 AM
    I think at this point discussing the android player at CES would be a bit stale, people used it with OS1 early last year, its there now in the beta which quite a number of us use, i use kindle daily! There are more and more android apps and games popping up in appworld, i've tried a number of them. However i believe the whole android thing is there just to give more choices and have a wider selection of apps, but i tell you, native apps are waaaaay better, better graphics, sound and stability, there's something very appealing about apps written for qnx, flawless smooth performance every time. I really appreciate all the work done by the android app developers and all, but go native, its better by far!
    01-13-12 03:26 AM
    Another one of these threads? Sheesh..
    01-13-12 03:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD