I feel like smacking all the Apple fans that keep infesting this discussion board with talk of the infernal iPad. If you want to talk about your beloved iPad go over to Apple or even better, to Macrumors where you can all stroke each others egos.
    04-22-11 12:34 PM
    Violence is not the answer.
    I know, but I got it wrong on purpose.
    Culex316 likes this.
    04-22-11 12:37 PM
    Don't be so frickin' literal.
    04-22-11 12:37 PM
    Apple fans? Where?
    04-22-11 01:30 PM
    Everywhere *shifty twitching eyes*
    04-22-11 02:27 PM
    just ignore them.. or turn the forum into flash base hahahahaha =D
    04-22-11 02:30 PM
    LOL! to both of you.
    04-22-11 02:30 PM
    Wow, that's actually a genius idea.
    04-22-11 02:33 PM
    Excellent idea! We can stop their trolling with the help of Adobe!!! Good idea!
    04-22-11 02:34 PM
    I feel like smacking all the Apple fans that keep infesting this discussion board with talk of the infernal iPad. If you want to talk about your beloved iPad go over to Apple or even better, to Macrumors where you can all stroke each others egos.
    it's hard to do that when the one who's gonna be doing the "smacking" is also an APPLE fan. How many moderators do we have who have a strong bias for apple.. whether it's the iPhone 4 or the Ipad.

and the worst is, you can't add them to the ignore list.. i've been trying my best to add a forum moderator.. let's call that person " Corolla".

and i know, i know that the crackberry community is more of a laid back moderator kind of thing, unlike in other forums where a simple criticism of their device will get you a warning... and then banned.

i'm not even surprised with the arrogance of most of the non-BB posters...
    and they're usually the ones who have one liner responses and a prediction of the BlackBerry's demise.
    04-22-11 02:41 PM
    Hahaha that's a great idea but the downfall would be that the bb phones won't be able to get on the site as well. Maybe when the qnx phone arrive haha.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-11 03:14 PM
    I actually like reading the open discussions pertaining to the differences between the devices, especially when it comes from company-neutral posters like howermat. Quite frankly, I don't have the time to learn everything about everything, so the tidbits of info are welcome. However, the obvious trolling claiming brand-superiority with no substance is growing tiresome.
    04-22-11 03:51 PM
    I own apple products but I know when I see something I like. Just stop being a fan of one product. Its not a football game, its technology, and technology is really cool.
    audijeep likes this.
    04-22-11 04:06 PM
    it's hard to do that when the one who's gonna be doing the "smacking" is also an APPLE fan. How many moderators do we have who have a strong bias for apple.. whether it's the iPhone 4 or the Ipad.

and the worst is, you can't add them to the ignore list.. i've been trying my best to add a forum moderator.. let's call that person " Corolla".

and i know, i know that the crackberry community is more of a laid back moderator kind of thing, unlike in other forums where a simple criticism of their device will get you a warning... and then banned.

i'm not even surprised with the arrogance of most of the non-BB posters...
    and they're usually the ones who have one liner responses and a prediction of the BlackBerry's demise.
    Yep, you are right. There IS a shameless, vocal Apple booster-mod here.
    04-22-11 04:18 PM
    I 100% agree with the "Corolla" issue -

I do think Corolla has a right to speak up - but then this is a RIM/Blackberry site & so its really counter productive. You're goal is to get people to come to this site & her style is just the opposite. If I was looking to advertise on this site and read some of Corollas comments about the product that this site promotes - I wouldnt advertise here.
    04-22-11 04:31 PM
    I 100% agree with the "Corolla" issue -

I do think Corolla has a right to speak up - but then this is a RIM/Blackberry site & so its really counter productive. You're goal is to get people to come to this site & her style is just the opposite. If I was looking to advertise on this site and read some of Corollas comments about the product that this site promotes - I wouldnt advertise here.
    Who said Corolla was a girl?
    04-22-11 05:05 PM
    There is arrogance on both sides. I've heard many times how the BlackBerry is "what a communications device should be". . . there's a bit of arrogance there as well. The difference is that each side only really recognizes the arrogance of the other while ignoring the arrogance of those with similar views.
    Let's not forget we're NOT on Neutral ground here, we are on a forum called CrackBerry.com and not Smartphones.com so a bias towards the BlackBerry brand is understandable and quite expected.

Try the same Anti- post to the other Forums ( Android Central, Macrumors etc) and you'll be signing in with a new name every week. They're not as open as the Mods here.

i'm not saying that we all post " we love blackberry" because there's always something to learn about a "Constructive Criticism".. with great emphasis on the Constructive part.

But lately, for the past few months, it seems a "newbie" who recently purchased a BlackBerry will need to PROVE why his decision was even logical.. and that leaves a Bad taste to that person.
    04-22-11 06:57 PM
    Just so we're clear, I never said there was a problem with being a fan of a particular device.
    Every other post you've made in this forum proves the above statement untrue.

Anyway, that's not the point of this. I just wanted to ask "Why?". I mean, I understand brand loyalty. As an avid video game fan, believe me, I get brand loyalty. The fanboys of the video game console wars are undoubtedly the most rabid in the world.

So I do understand touting the features of the brand you love, but what's the point in bashing every feature of a product of a brand you don't? Why would one revel in one device's shortcomings? I don't get the desire to see a device fail. Does one product's success equal a failure for a competing product?

Competition not only drives down prices, it pushes technology forward. Palm's PDA's were replaced by Blackberries because RIM pushed technology forward. Blackberry became content in the business market, so Apple moved the technology to the consumer level. For years, in that consumer market, Apple has only had to compete with previous iterations of its own products and consumer common sense, which is essentially no competition at all. It was up to them to decide how many features they really needed to add to justify a new release.

Since the release of Android and RIM pushing (er, attempting to push) into the consumer market, the technology is moving faster than ever and becoming more affordable.

So again I ask, what is the joy in seeing another company fail?
    04-22-11 08:58 PM
    LMAO!!! Hella funny
    04-22-11 09:43 PM
    If they keep popping up its cause they are worried about something.. possibly ipad being history...If they had nothing to worry about they wouldn't waste their time coming to a BB site. I know I don't even check out ipad sites..
    04-23-11 12:05 AM
    That'd be nice!!
    04-23-11 07:12 AM
    I own apple products but I know when I see something I like. Just stop being a fan of one product. Its not a football game, its technology, and technology is really cool.
    I guess I will use the thank you feature like a like button.
    I'll thank this as soon as possible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-11 07:15 AM
    ha! i just got the "corolla" reference. hehe thats a good one
    04-23-11 09:19 AM
    ha! i just got the "corolla" reference. hehe that's a good one
    that's what she said!
    04-23-11 11:00 AM
    They really just need to start booting off some of the clowns who do nothing but bash RIM and block their IP addresses. They add nothing constructive to the forums and are obviously trying to just cause issues. That said I'm loving my Playbook and no iDroids can take that away or my opinion that it the best tablet available.
    04-23-11 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD