It's been a while and since there's a lot more Playbook adopters now, I figured it'd be a good time to ask "What Cases and/or Screen Protector do you use or would recommend?"

At the moment I'm using the Blurex Slim case
    http://www.amazon.com/Blurex-Leather...bUvbUpU6961752

Not the best in terms of protection but definitely a good balance between aesthetics, function, and protection.
    12-22-11 10:47 AM
    I've used the Icon Carbon Fibre case since day 1 - love it! I've also ordered this:

Blackberry Playbook Portfolio Case with Built-in Bluetooth Keyboard: Amazon.ca: Electronics
    12-22-11 10:59 AM
    I have the OEM journal, envelope and Otterbox and all of them have come in handy one time or another. I also have the Zagg invisible shield as my screen protector.
    12-22-11 11:06 AM
    I've used the Icon Carbon Fibre case since day 1 - love it! I've also ordered this:

Blackberry Playbook Portfolio Case with Built-in Bluetooth Keyboard: Amazon.ca: Electronics
    Doesn't that hinder the bezel usage?

All I want for Christmas is the Marware CEO Folio! Right now I'm using the RIM rubber back case and the neoprene sleeve. The combo of the two is the worst!
    12-22-11 11:15 AM
    Doesn't that hinder the bezel usage?

All I want for Christmas is the Marware CEO Folio! Right now I'm using the RIM rubber back case and the neoprene sleeve. The combo of the two is the worst!
    I suppose it might - I'm still going with the Icon case as my main one. This is really for when I need to use the PB as a laptop and do more typing...
    12-22-11 11:18 AM
    Otterbox without that horrible built in protector.
    12-22-11 11:24 AM
    Acase no protector.
    12-22-11 11:27 AM
    Otter Box, baby! This thing is a tank.
    12-22-11 11:29 AM
    I have the Blurex Slim Case and no protector.
    12-22-11 11:36 AM
    BB OEM Journal

SGP/Steinheil Ultra Fine Mat screen protector
    12-22-11 11:37 AM
    Piel Frama BlackBerry PlayBook case and no screen protector (looking for one though)

The above is a YouTube link. However it is in Dutch, nevertheless you see the case and how it fits.
    12-22-11 11:41 AM
    Otterbox without that horrible built in protector.
    Agreed!

A friend of mine has one and the plastic protector didn't even fit on right. It had a ripple. Deal breaker in my opinion.

I found this one interesting. Not sure if the headphoe jack would fit.
    DODOcase for BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet | DODOcase

But it does look pretty nice.
    12-22-11 11:42 AM
    Using the Otterbox for my Playbook.
    Love it.
    12-22-11 11:49 AM
    I use the Blackberry Leather Journal Case (Book Style) and no screen protection. There is a Blackberry cloth wipe that I lay on the screen before I close the book cover.
    tekki likes this.
    12-22-11 11:50 AM
    I'm using the BB Convertible Case, I like it, works well for me. Thesource still has them on sale this week if anyone is wanting one (pm at BestBuy for around $25).
    12-22-11 11:52 AM
    ^^^ Agreed 100%. Best balance.

However .... You could have gotten it cheaper unbranded.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...bUvbUpU6962050

Also on eBay.
    Hahaha, good to know. I do prefer it unbranded to be honest. Oh well.
    12-22-11 12:03 PM
    I have the Targus Truss Case/Stand for BlackBerry PlayBook - very good
    and
    Fellowes PlayBook Static Cling Screen Protector - garbage; it doesn't cover the whole unit so it's hard to slide my finger across smoothly
    12-22-11 12:11 PM
    Anybody have a screen protector from Brookstone? I picked 1 up last night on clearance for $7 and I really hate how it distorts the screen. Was wondering if the other screen protectors did the same thing.
    12-22-11 12:24 PM
    I am using the nice case that came with the PB.

And why on earth do you need a screen protector on a screen made of what is said to be "Dragontail" toughened glass ?
    12-22-11 12:33 PM
    I am interested in purchasing that OEM Soft Shell for 39.99. Does anybody have that on their PB? Just wondering if it is not too flimsy around the Tablet and if the ports are accessible real good and if the buttons on top still operate nicely. Looking at it I like the fact that it almost seems like it wasn't there, but still offers some protection. Also looking at the top button area, it almost looks like a button extension which may make it easier to operate the power button. Mine is one of those that has a difficult power button.
    12-22-11 12:34 PM
    anyone tried the cases from ebay? any problems with them?
    12-22-11 12:46 PM
    I use the Blackberry Leather Journal Case (Book Style) and no screen protection. There is a Blackberry cloth wipe that I lay on the screen before I close the book cover.
    Ditto to the above. That is what I use, and it fits in my purse!
    12-22-11 01:43 PM
    im using the ballistic case, like it a lot, very comfortable to hold. i cant remember which screen protector.
    12-22-11 03:31 PM
    With the hardened scratch resistant glass used on these devices, screen protectors are completely unnecessary.
    Personally, I'm not so worried about scratch resistance as I'm annoyed with fingerprint mark of the screen as well as high reflectivity when in dark spaces.

From all the searching I've done, I've yet to find one that's will take care of those problems, be durable and applied via static.

Maybe I'm asking for too much.
    12-22-11 03:41 PM
    i have mine snuggled in an otterbox, but my partner's is naked except for lingerie of a hipstreet anti fingerprint screen protector...i find mine feels more secure, but hers does seem marginally more responsive...i'll be installing an identical screen protector on mine for when i undress it, as i love the silky feel compared to the rather industrial feel of the otterbox(which i also love, but it's kinda the difference between beef tenderloin and lamb)
    12-22-11 03:44 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD