I'm in the market for a charging stand as well as a sleek looking case (like the convertible one). Has anyone seen any deals for either of these? Thanks.

G
    02-08-12 02:47 PM
    I got my dock a week or so ago at Walmart.com for $29 (along with the rapid charger for $19, though the price on that went up to $24 I think after). They both seem to work really well. I love the magnetic connection cuz it's easy connect/disconnect without worrying about the usb.

I got the convertible case on clearance at a Staples store for $19. It gives a good viewing angle and the cover can also be folded back completely to lie flat.
    02-08-12 03:09 PM
    I sure wish someone would make a case - like the std BB leather folio one - but w/ some provision for the charging stand - its a pain that whenever you need to charge it - you must remove it from the case.
    walabe16 likes this.
    02-08-12 03:21 PM
    I picked up a nice leather case w/ 1 screen protector & headphones on eBay for $14 (free shipping). I'm waiting for the official keyboard/case combo to come out.
    02-08-12 04:32 PM
    I found this case on Amazon.com that will leave the bottom exposed when opened which will allow you to pop it in the charging dock. Not sure how good the case is but I'm considering picking it up.

http://www.amazon.com/Blurex-Leather...bUvbUpU7111407
    02-10-12 10:57 AM
    Blurex is a top notch case, wish I could find a good deal on one in Canada
    02-10-12 11:11 AM
    I found this case on Amazon.com that will leave the bottom exposed when opened which will allow you to pop it in the charging dock. Not sure how good the case is but I'm considering picking it up.

Amazon.com: Blurex Slim Leather Portfolio Case With 2 Tier Stand for Blackberry Playbook: Electronics
    That case looks really awesome, but I don't think it will work on the rapid charging dock. The connection between the pb and rapid charging dock leaves no room for error. The extra 1-2 mm may even be enough to not allow for a good connection. I've only had my rapid charging dock for a couple of weeks and it's already giving me connection issues anyway. It may very well be in your best interest, and mine for that matter, to get the rapid charging adapter instead since this case allows you to prop up the pb anyway.
    02-10-12 11:18 AM
    That case looks really awesome, but I don't think it will work on the rapid charging dock. The connection between the pb and rapid charging dock leaves no room for error. The extra 1-2 mm may even be enough to not allow for a good connection. I've only had my rapid charging dock for a couple of weeks and it's already giving me connection issues anyway. It may very well be in your best interest, and mine for that matter, to get the rapid charging adapter instead since this case allows you to prop up the pb anyway.
    The case leaves the bottom of the PB completely open so the case does not get in the way of the dock. From what I read in the reviews is that it works because it of this but you'll need to have room behind the dock for the case to flare out.
    02-13-12 01:20 PM
    I picked up a convertible cased (which has been pretty handy) from "The Source.ca" for twenty-five bucks. I also got two charger stands on ebay for about 70 bucks. Not overly cheap, but less than the retail list. All are OEM.

I'd recommend going to eBay and making someone an offer.
    02-13-12 01:26 PM
    The Blurex leather convertible case works perfectly in the charger pod if the case is open, but not in the closed position. There is another thread about the Icon Carbon Black case that is similar to the Blurex that has links to the Brookstone.com leather clip case as well as a link to an eBay convertible leather case that is almost identical in looks to the Blurex and sells for $15 shipped. Look at pages 14 & 15 or so.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-playbook-f222/love-icon-carbon-black-case-612211/
    02-13-12 01:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD