Hi all,

As per the subject, there is an App that I would like to purchase in App World, however when I click the "Purchase" button I get a "Carrier not found" error. If I "Ok" that, it then takes me to a Payment screen, enter my PayPal details, but nothing ever happens - I am returned to the "Purchase" screen and can't do anything.

Device is a 16GB PlayBook running the latest version of the OS. Wifi only tablet, connected to home Wifi Network. I have tried at other locations as well and still nothing.

Happened on a couple of Apps. Free ones come down no problem at all.

Anyone got any ideas what it could be?

All I want to do is play Doom again...

Thanks in advance.

TMW
    01-21-17 03:38 AM
    I am also having the same problem trying to purchase an app on my passport. It says billing through my carrier is unavailable ( Rogers canada) also tried to pay with PayPal and also getting an error . Downloads fine for free apps. Never had a problem before. 

Posted via CB10
    01-21-17 12:25 PM
    You need to have registered your device with BlackBerry, and have created an account with BlackBerry World. I do believe you must have a viable payment option entered and saved in advance of being able to make a purchase.
    01-21-17 01:12 PM
    Hmm...

So still nothing.

The device is registered with app world and i can see all installed apps there.

I found a link about how to set up payment options (http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...mber=000026621) but none of those work. The pc link doesn't have the option suggested and clicking on the option in app world on the PlayBook does nothing.

Can't believe I'm the only one having this issue. Any one else seeing this and struggling / fixed it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

TMW
    01-22-17 12:20 PM
    Hmm...

So still nothing.

The device is registered with app world and i can see all installed apps there.

I found a link about how to set up payment options (http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...mber=000026621) but none of those work. The pc link doesn't have the option suggested and clicking on the option in app world on the PlayBook does nothing.

Can't believe I'm the only one having this issue. Any one else seeing this and struggling / fixed it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

TMW
    Same problem here there there is no option on the pc to change payment options. When I try on my passport I keep getting an error (PS1036lq). Never had a problem buying apps. Still working on a solution

Posted via CB10
    01-22-17 12:36 PM
    It's really odd - really annoying too.

Will keep searching for a solution myself too - hopefully one of us will get there...

TMW
    01-22-17 12:39 PM
    It's really odd - really annoying too.

Will keep searching for a solution myself too - hopefully one of us will get there...

TMW
    Hi,

Well, I have sorted it - hopefully this will help others too.

So my app world account is shared with my phone - a Torch 9810. I thought I would see how that is set to pay and it was through my mobile bill - so clearly the pb was picking that up and failing.

Tried to change it on the phone and same problem. Re-installed App World to the handset, rebooted and was able to change the App World payment method to PayPal.

Restarted the pb, went to App World and was able to purchase what I wanted fine with no errors.

Result.

Does this help at all?

TMW
    01-23-17 05:10 PM