So I am browsing ebay and come across a capacitive stylus for the blackberry playbook. I was hoping to take notes on the playbook and tough not all details have been released on the PB, I am wondering if we will be able to take notes? Has anyone heard about using the stylus to draw, note taking etc...?
    Last edited by espresso1967; 01-21-11 at 04:33 PM.
    01-21-11 04:00 PM
    That would be absolutely wonderful if they did that. I would love being able to use it to write notes for school.
    01-21-11 04:50 PM
    That would be absolutely wonderful if they did that. I would love being able to use it to write notes for school.
    I think it might be easier to type notes than write them... Depending on subject of course... But it would be nice to draw...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-11 03:38 AM
    True that it is much easier to type notes. The problem for me is that I have a class on Tuesdays for an hour and a half in which I write my notes on note book. When I get home I type them up. I would really love to be able to not carry all that extra stuff, books, notebook and just use the playbook to get the job done. I already found the books I need from kindle and kobo so that will lighten up my load. Now to write my notes with this stylus that I found on ebay and maybe an app in notepad or something. Once i get home type them up and drop them in playbook to go over my notes.

So back to the question, does anyone know if there will be an app for note taking?
    I think it might be easier to type notes than write them... Depending on subject of course... But it would be nice to draw...

01-22-11 01:58 PM
    True that it is much easier to type notes. The problem for me is that I have a class on Tuesdays for an hour and a half in which I write my notes on note book. When I get home I type them up. I would really love to be able to not carry all that extra stuff, books, notebook and just use the playbook to get the job done. I already found the books I need from kindle and kobo so that will lighten up my load. Now to write my notes with this stylus that I found on ebay and maybe an app in notepad or something. Once i get home type them up and drop them in playbook to go over my notes.

So back to the question, does anyone know if there will be an app for note taking?
    request it! or make one!
    01-22-11 02:14 PM
    I would like one an app for note taking too. Maybe an app that allows note taking, while using a special capacitive stylus that allows me to record voice data on to the device too (maybe a bluetooth link to stream the audio data to the Playbook?). That would render my LightScribe pen useless, as I could just carry a BlackBerry Playbook. The screen in portrait mode would be like writing notes in an A4 notebook.
    01-22-11 02:22 PM
    01-22-11 03:06 PM
    The stylus is not the issue, that is what brought up this topic. I found the stylus on ebay under playbook. The stylus can be used so not to use your finger and dirty up the screen. I wan't to be able to utilze it as a writing instrument, but with no details yet what the playbook can do? Was hoping someone maybe had a bit of inside of someone working on an app or if the pb is capable at release. There are other ways around it, can record the class and type up my notes, where there is a will there is a way.

01-22-11 03:10 PM
    The stylus is not the issue, that is what brought up this topic. I found the stylus on ebay under playbook. The stylus can be used so not to use your finger and dirty up the screen. I wan't to be able to utilze it as a writing instrument, but with no details yet what the playbook can do? Was hoping someone maybe had a bit of inside of someone working on an app or if the pb is capable at release. There are other ways around it, can record the class and type up my notes, where there is a will there is a way.
    Amazon.com: Acase Capacitive Stylus Pen Combo for Apple iPad, Samsung Galaxy, Blackberry Playbook (Jet Black): CTCStore

i may get this
    01-22-11 04:34 PM
    Nothing stopping a third part from offering a notepad app.
    Heck it may even have scribble-to-text capabilities.
    01-23-11 12:02 AM
    I would pay for that!!!!!

01-23-11 12:38 AM
    If there's an app that will do everything my LiveScribe smartpen can do, I'll be chuffed.

Livescribe :: Never Miss A Word
    01-23-11 12:49 AM
    I would pay for that!!!!!

It *may* be possible for a single developer to port cellwriter into their notebook program.
    Since QNX is similar enought o Linux, a dev should be able to use the C++ language (when the reveal the apis) to simply put a user interface on top of this.
    Depending on the PB OS, you could theoretically make a handwriting pad show up instead of the keyboard.

I really have to admit that this is a lot handier in some ways, as it's more of a natural form of text input (we've been doing it for thousands of years.)
    Last edited by grahamf; 01-23-11 at 01:03 AM.
    01-23-11 12:57 AM
    Well I hope some devolper is watching this, would love to use the stylus for notes.
    01-27-11 01:28 AM
    Well I hope some devolper is watching this, would love to use the stylus for notes.
    Amazon.com: Acase Capacitive Stylus Pen Combo for Apple iPad, Samsung Galaxy, Blackberry Playbook (Jet Black): Electronics

it's coming todayyyyy!!!!!
    01-27-11 11:55 AM
    So any developers working on this? Getting close and sure would like to stop caring my notebook and scribe all my notes on the playbook.
    03-04-11 11:40 PM
    I thought the whole point of "capacitive" was it needed a the electrical properties of the human touch in order to work? Isn't that the difference between capacitive and resistive?

What is capacitive touchscreen? - Definition
    03-05-11 09:29 AM
    I thought the whole point of "capacitive" was it needed a the electrical properties of the human touch in order to work? Isn't that the difference between capacitive and resistive?

What is capacitive touchscreen? - Definition
    I don't think so, on a cold day and i have my regular gloves on (not the special touchscreen ones) i can work my touchscreen electronics with them for some reason. also my rubber tipped pen i bought haha
    03-05-11 12:49 PM
    A stylus is a huge thing that I want. I want to be able to type with the keyboard and if need too, draw for school.
    03-05-11 02:17 PM
    You can always do what the South Korean's do when their hands get cold

South Korean iPhone users turn to sausages as a cold weather 'meat stylus' -- Engadget

should work on the PB

03-05-11 02:19 PM
    I don't think so, on a cold day and i have my regular gloves on (not the special touchscreen ones) i can work my touchscreen electronics with them for some reason. also my rubber tipped pen i bought haha
    What kind of "touchscreen electronics" are you referring to exactly? I just tried various things with my HTC and nothing registers with the sensors on it. I'm not saying they won't come out with special stylus's (or already have) that interact with the screen or anything..i'm just curious as to whether that will be the case or not..
    03-05-11 02:21 PM
    What kind of "touchscreen electronics" are you referring to exactly? I just tried various things with my HTC and nothing registers with the sensors on it. I'm not saying they won't come out with special stylus's (or already have) that interact with the screen or anything..i'm just curious as to whether that will be the case or not..
    my storm2, my bros ipod touch and my aunt's nook. they're like cloth gloves and i was using my s2 outside after it had snowed and for some reason my gloves worked on the screen so i tried the ipod touch and nook and it worked (until i warmed them up inside then no more)

I also bought one of these on amazon.com for $19.99

03-05-11 02:36 PM
    Your S2 would have Surepress or whatever..so obviously it needs to "click" to register anything..so I can see gloves not being an issue there. But hopefully a stylus will work for those of you wanting it!
    03-05-11 02:59 PM
    Your S2 would have Surepress or whatever..so obviously it needs to "click" to register anything..so I can see gloves not being an issue there. But hopefully a stylus will work for those of you wanting it!
    it has surepress, however the touchscreen has to register a touch before it will allow a click (hence, after the glove warmed up i couldnt click the screen anymore or swipe anywhere)
    03-05-11 03:23 PM
    03-05-11 05:17 PM
88 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD