@KhanMan1, thanks for your feedback. I'm the developer of Skit. So sorry that you regret buying the application. The jagged drawing you probably seen in the old version was something that didn't appear in the simulator. Now that I got my hand on the real device, I realize that I need to tweak some parameters. I submitted the update to RIM, and hopefully you'll get the updated version in a week or so. I'm looking forward to any other input that you may have.

Currently I withdraw Skit from AppWorld to avoid negative ratings, once the updated version is approved I'll publish it again
    @Eclaircie, your app looks great on your website. perfect for what I'm looking for. With the new update how fine can a user write when using some sort of stylus. In some of the screenshots on your website the writing looks a bit thick but I'm assuming the writing was done with a finger. Was it also done in the "old" version of this app that KhanMan1 complained about? Just wanted to clarify how well writing with a stylus works and how fine a user can write.
    04-29-11 03:31 PM
    Any updates on this. I am really keen on a note taking app. Have ordered a griffin stylus.
    05-10-11 04:19 AM
    I just received this one from Amazon:

Amazon.com: BoxWave Capacitive iPad Styra (Jet Black): Electronics

To double as both a pen and stylus so I don't have to carry both. It uses a Parker pen refill, so writing is good. Feels good 'n all but...

The 'business end' is sort of... soft mushy kinda thing. I expected something firm and padded, but it's more like a cheap baloon that immediately gives way with the slightest pressure.

Never used a stylus for capacitive screen before so hope this isn't a huge let down. Not sure if you have to press down firm and squash the soft tip, or just touch lightly?

We'll see when the PB arrives!
    Well, it does work. But you know what? Played with it for half an hour on day one, then stuck it in my bag and haven't looked at it since
    05-10-11 04:37 AM
    I bought a Griffin stylus at FutureShop and used it for about 5 minutes before deciding to return it. It requited too much force to work.
    05-10-11 06:24 AM
    Bought a Pogo pen from Apple store. It's fine for using the keys on the keyboard, but it's useless for writing. The pressure you need to use to write is crazy and I'm convinced the screen will eventually get damaged. I think I'll look for a different pen or just try to find a bluetooth keyboard.
    05-10-11 08:09 AM
    It's slated to to be available May 13th
    Bamboo Stylus. I'll be getting one ASAP, because it supposedly has a smaller firmer tip. Now if we can just get some decent notetaking software. I'd really like to see some software where I could take a picture, and take notes right on the photo!
    05-10-11 09:27 AM
    05-10-11 09:49 AM
    Skit is now available in App World. Seems more responsive than the complaints users had in the beginning before the dev took it down and retooled it. Though I havent had a chance to test it with a stylus yet. Anyone with a stylus wanna give it a go and report back how effective it is as a note taking app?
    05-11-11 12:42 PM
    Looks like I'll be getting the Bamboo Stylus as well. The reviews on that stylus are all VERY VERY good.
    05-12-11 01:25 PM
    Scratch Pad is a free app in App World but it is not nearly sophisticated enough for taking notes in class. Maybe a developer will enhance it to the point where it could be used for what you want to do.
    05-12-11 01:40 PM
    Well, I guess that having two screen protectors on negates using a stylus or the Griffin one I got is bad. I've got a matte screen protector directly on the pb. I then have the Otterbox's screen protector over that.

My finger works fine.

The stylus demonstrates NO contact at all. Drawing, swiping and stabbing.
    05-12-11 02:32 PM
    Has anyone tried the Dagi stylus on the PB. It is widely used with the ipad and other touch sensitive screen devices. It allows you to see what you are writing or drawing and allows for more precision than the Pogo type stylus. I am thinking of trying one.

Amazon.com: DAGi Capacitive Stylus For Apple iPad & iPad 2 & iPhone 4 & iPod Touch: Electronics
    05-12-11 10:25 PM
    Has anyone tried the Dagi stylus on the PB. It is widely used with the ipad and other touch sensitive screen devices. It allows you to see what you are writing or drawing and allows for more precision than the Pogo type stylus. I am thinking of trying one.

Amazon.com: DAGi Capacitive Stylus For Apple iPad & iPad 2 & iPhone 4 & iPod Touch: Electronics
    I just ordered one of these. Should be here in a couple of days, I'll report back once i've tried it.
    05-12-11 11:08 PM
    I ordered some cheap ones off of eBay. Works great. I love how much cleaner the screen stays and it's much more accurate than my fat fingers. I got 5 for about 6 bucks.

Haven't tried any notetaking but I'll see if I can find something to test it with
    05-21-11 06:56 PM
    so I ordered the Dagi. It is a little challenging to get used to because you have to hold it at a certain position to get it to work. once you figure it out its nice because it allows you to see what your writing or drawing. I found it worked better with the Ideapad app better than with Skit. Skit didn't seem to be as sensitive to the stylus tip which was some what frustrating at times. All in all I still like it better than the regular rubber tipped stylus cause at least i can see what the tip is doing.
    05-21-11 11:05 PM
    Why does every stylus have a tip the size of my finger? Why can't any be more pen-like?
    05-21-11 11:23 PM
    As I understand it the capacitive screen looks at the surface area that's pressed on the screen and then calculates the center of the area as the point to activate. If the area is too small it cannot find the center.
    05-21-11 11:58 PM
    the stylis would be great, i'm looking for an app that i can create client contracts with and have them sign them right on the playbook to be saved
    05-22-11 08:22 AM
    I have the Rocket Fish stylus and use with a playbook. I only use to have signatures on contracts. Note taking is a little bit of a hassle due to the size of the stylus tip. However, I can't seem to find any with a smaller tip. Not like the old days of the Palm stylus'.
    05-22-11 11:43 AM
    Hey Caboose, if your trying to get contracts signed here's a couple of ways I am doing it right now until something a little more native is released. Photo Note works great. I also use Free Hand and a Photo/autographer app. After creating the contract you just need to save in a PNG. Then fire it up on the PB program and sign and save and it will save a new "save as" file. Again it works great for the time being.
    05-22-11 11:46 AM
    I'd like a small tip on a stylus as well. So far, I've bought and returned two styli because the response time (with a screen protector on) was horrible. Wondering if I should just remove the screen protector.
    05-22-11 12:31 PM
    You will not find a small tip stylus. This is a capacitive screen not a resistive screen. It works the same as the ipad screen and there are no small tip stylus for them either.
    05-22-11 01:27 PM
    Well, I guess that having two screen protectors on negates using a stylus or the Griffin one I got is bad. I've got a matte screen protector directly on the pb. I then have the Otterbox's screen protector over that.

My finger works fine.

The stylus demonstrates NO contact at all. Drawing, swiping and stabbing.
    i just ordered the alupen, that i want to use with my pb with otterbox (1screen protector), did u try it n did it work without the matte screen protdctor? thanks
    05-22-11 02:08 PM
    i just ordered the alupen, that i want to use with my pb with otterbox (1screen protector), did u try it n did it work without the matte screen protdctor? thanks
    I did not try it that way since removing the matte protector would mean trying to reinstall it - no mean feat when trying to keep dust/debris out of the mix. What I find odd is that MY FINGER registers fine. The stylus did not. I've only tried that one. I guess I really don't know the mechanism of how capacitive screens register touch/movement. Time for some research.
    05-22-11 03:29 PM
    Like F2, my finger registers fine. The two styli I tried did not. And I didn't know there were no small tip styli.
    Firefighter0793 likes this.
    05-22-11 09:00 PM
88 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD