Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hennesseystealth
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    HEAD
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Can't Sync Mini Keyboard After OS Upgrade

After the recent OS upgrade my mini keyboard (Blackberry OEM) can no longer be found by my Playbook. I have tried using discover on and off and it just won't find the keyboard. It has no problem finding my Bluetooth headphones. Any ideas? I made sure the keyboard was fully charged and turned on (blue light is on).
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Quote Originally Posted by hennesseystealth View Post
    After the recent OS upgrade my mini keyboard (Blackberry OEM) can no longer be found by my Playbook. I have tried using discover on and off and it just won't find the keyboard. It has no problem finding my Bluetooth headphones. Any ideas? I made sure the keyboard was fully charged and turned on (blue light is on).
    I rarely use my OEM keyboard, however my experience was with pairing Z10 and PlayBook. For the first time I'm having trouble pairing them. In the end I have to delete, restart and repair both devices for them to bridge. I would turn off the keyboard first. Delete it off your PlayBook in blue tooth. Restart PlayBook. Turn on your keyboard, and try to pair up again.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

I have not experienced the issue you are reporting after the system software update for the BlackBerry PlayBook. One thing you can try is shutting off the keyboard for a few minutes before turning it on and attempting to pair the devices. I notice it is necessary to repeatedly press any key on the keyboard whenever the keyboard sleeps.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts

I have to resync my blue tooth car jvc stereo all the time, delete on stereo and then pair again, maybe a similar thing needs to be done with the keyboard.

Z10, 10.2.0.1725
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    HEAD
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by dudoo View Post
    I have to resync my blue tooth car jvc stereo all the time, delete on stereo and then pair again, maybe a similar thing needs to be done with the keyboard.

Z10, 10.2.0.1725
    I have deleted the keyboard, turned it off and on, and then tried to get the Playbook to find it...nothing.

Hi OP, I found sometime to test out my OEM keyboard and decided to try it. You are right, I cannot connect the keyboard to either of my playbooks even after restart. After tinkering around with it, I found this solution from the BB website and it works.
    1. On the BlackBerry Playbook tablet, delete the BlackBerry Mini Keyboard from the pairing list.
    2. On the BlackBerry Mini Keyboard, clear the pairing list by pressing and holding the Ctrl key and the Backspace key for 6 seconds. Turn the On/Off switch off and on.
    3. Pair the BlackBerry Mini Keyboard again.

You might have to repeat this process more than once to have it work again.
    Thanked by:
    hennesseystealth (09-14-2013) 
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    HEAD
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by bambinoitaliano View Post
    Hi OP, I found sometime to test out my OEM keyboard and decided to try it. You are right, I cannot connect the keyboard to either of my playbooks even after restart. After tinkering around with it, I found this solution from the BB website and it works.
    1. On the BlackBerry Playbook tablet, delete the BlackBerry Mini Keyboard from the pairing list.
    2. On the BlackBerry Mini Keyboard, clear the pairing list by pressing and holding the Ctrl key and the Backspace key for 6 seconds. Turn the On/Off switch off and on.
    3. Pair the BlackBerry Mini Keyboard again.

You might have to repeat this process more than once to have it work again.
    Worked!
    Thanked by:
    castoridae (09-15-2013) 
    castoridae likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    HEAD
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Too good to be true I guess. Tried to use the keyboard and nothing happens. So went back to the pairing screen and hit the keyboard on the list. Hit the connect device button and get a message that the Playbook can't communicate with the keyboard. So, it can pair but can't talk? WTH?

Too good to be true I guess. Tried to use the keyboard and nothing happens. So went back to the pairing screen and hit the keyboard on the list. Hit the connect device button and get a message that the Playbook can't communicate with the keyboard. So, it can pair but can't talk? WTH?
    It worked and it didn't?
    Try the process again. Delete the pairing. Reset you mini keyboard. And pair again.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    HEAD
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

It worked and it didn't?
    Try the process again. Delete the pairing. Reset you mini keyboard. And pair again.
    Well, it paired, showed on the list as paired but the keyboard wouldn't work with any application.

Repeated the process and this time it paired and communicated. So, now tested and working in several apps.

Thanks but not sure what they did to this last OS as I never had any issues with the keyboard for the last year.
    CrackBerry User

I tried to use my OEM keyboard and the first couple of times it would not connect. I turned the keyboard off for a couple of minutes and tried again and it connected. (this post was typed on the keyboard) i would have been pretty mad if the keyboard had stopped working because of the update.
    CrackBerry Genius

I just tested with a Palm bluetooth keyboard and it works fine.
    CrackBerry User

I updated to the latest OS and I'm having no problems with my BlackBerry keyboard. I'm typing with it now.
    CrackBerry Genius

I just tried the BBPB mini keyboard. I turned on BT and went to tools. Only the Dell travelmouse was listed, but I think that's because the keyboard isn't charged. Then I put batteries in the mouse and re-entered the psswrd and the mouse works fine. I'll test the keyboard when its charged.

Quote Originally Posted by castoridae View Post
    I just tried the BBPB mini keyboard. I turned on BT and went to tools. Only the Dell travelmouse was listed, but I think that's because the keyboard isn't charged. Then I put batteries in the mouse and re-entered the psswrd and the mouse works fine. I'll test the keyboard when its charged.
    Yes. The Mini Keyboard has to be fully charged (which usually take about 10/15 minutes on a playbook charger) for it to work as well.
    CrackBerry Genius

Worked!
    Synced w/PB once again.
    Yes! I just followed these instructions and he keyboard is now synced once more w/PB. Thx so much!
    CrackBerry Genius

Yes. The Mini Keyboard has to be fully charged (which usually take about 10/15 minutes on a playbook charger) for it to work as well.
    Is the 15 minute charge a full charge?

Quote Originally Posted by castoridae View Post
    Is the 15 minute charge a full charge?
    Yup. If you see a solid green light, it's fully charged.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Mine works without any problem..
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
    CrackBerry Genius

Sometimes you have to tap a key on the keyboard several times before it is recognised.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    HEAD
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  

Issue presented before I even got to that point. The BT pairing screen kept saying it couldn't communicate with the keyboard. I had to try many times before it worked.

Posted via CB10