Can't set up wifi file sharing again--permission or time out error
I had wifi file sharing working. Don't know what I changed. Maybe an ID or network name on the XP?
Anyhow, I have Wifi sharing on at the PB settings, I see the IP address in the About window, but when I try to navigate to that number or use CMD/Run to get a dos window and type it in there I get a timeout or a message, sometimes about not having permission. When I connect with the USB the PB software creates a mapped drive at Z: and I can transfer files. But when I disconnect the playbook, I cannot.
I have rebooted the computer, modem, etc. I have ES File Explorer and it can find the Lan, and Karemsoft Player finds that server, so there IS a wireless connection.
- 11-22-2012, 07:25 PM #2
I haven't used XP for a long time but I guess the method you used was clicking on Run and typing \\pb's_ip_address
If that didn't work have you tried adding the media at the end? (i.e. \\pb's_ip_address\media).
P.S. I take for granted that you have already wifi and file sharing already enabled in your PB
Yes, I tried with /media after the address, as mentioned on another thread. No luck. And yes, wifi and sharing are set up on the PB. Very strange. Stranger yet, with Ghostscript I can see the files and move them wirelessly, just not on the computer itself the way RIM says I should.
- By EazyDuz in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 23Last Post: 09-28-2012, 04:18 AM
- By jcbrunson in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 7Last Post: 04-30-2012, 11:40 AM
- By CSI Guy in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 1Last Post: 05-15-2011, 10:29 PM
- By brnangl528 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 2Last Post: 09-27-2007, 08:13 AM
- By judemat in forum IntroductionsReplies: 5Last Post: 07-09-2007, 08:00 PM