Has anyone had any luck saving images inside the browser? Every images I have tried to save either come out very pixilated or only partially saves the image. Anyone else get this? Got a fix?

Cheers
    03-05-12 01:40 PM
    It may happen when you scale up the image.
    Here is the CB logo from the top of the page. It looks fine small but gets little wacky when enlarged. Is that what your talking about?
    03-05-12 02:01 PM
    No. I have seen the image full screen and looks fantastic, but when I try and save it to use as a wall paper for example it comes out very pixilated or doesn't download the whole thing and maybe just the top 1/3 of the image like I lost Internet connection mid way.
    03-05-12 02:06 PM
    If you post a link someone can see if they have the same result or if its an issue unique to your PB.
    03-05-12 02:09 PM
    just checked.. It doesn't download fully

Last edited by Hawkeberry; 03-05-12 at 02:15 PM.
    03-05-12 02:11 PM
    It's pretty much any image really, will find an example in about 20 mins.

Yeah the i get the same outcome as posted above
    Last edited by helsinki98; 03-05-12 at 02:18 PM.
    03-05-12 02:12 PM
    Most of the images I've downloaded are fine but about 10% come out as partial images. In this case they were fairly large. In one case the image was blurry at first but okay when opened a second time. It seemed the PB didn't render them fully the first time I opened it.

I was looking at pictures here - 2012 F1 testing day 12 in picturesF1 Fanatic – The Formula 1 Blog
    03-05-12 02:21 PM
    I'm not having problems with saving images. Here's an image I saved from the site Gray linked to.
    03-05-12 02:43 PM
    Can you try with an image from google image search result?
    03-05-12 02:50 PM
    Tried to download one of those images,did you save them when they where a thumbnail or when a full picture, takes up the majority of the photos screen.
    03-05-12 02:56 PM
    I was having the exact same issue with certain images. Im not sure what is causing it but in order to get the entire image to download, I usually have to try the download several (3 to 5) times, refreshing the source web page between each try. not exactly a fix, but if u keep trying/refreshing, it should come through eventually. Until some offers a more reliable and permanent solution
    03-05-12 02:59 PM
    That was full pic, not thumbnail. Here's a picture from Google Image search, again full pic.
    03-05-12 03:17 PM
    thanks. Seems I am doing something wrong. Will try again
    03-05-12 03:22 PM
    Do you have a link to the source? il try and download it.

Found it and downloaded it perfectly. Very strange illegal find an image I can't download properly for others to test
    Last edited by helsinki98; 03-05-12 at 03:25 PM.
    03-05-12 03:22 PM
    OK. Scratch that last statement. The Ferarri pic above was neither thumbnail nor full pic. I clicked on the thumb and a larger pic loaded. I didn't realize that I could click on the larger pic and get a still larger pic. When I tried to save that pic, I only got about half the pic. I guess there is a threshold that can't be passed for saving.
    Last edited by pacoman03; 03-05-12 at 03:50 PM.
    03-05-12 03:30 PM
    Well, scratch that again. I tried saving the big Ferrari pic again and this time it worked.
    03-05-12 03:40 PM
    When I tried I managed to download the full picture it worked fine, seems a bit jit and miss. Although earlier when I was trying to save some images it wouldn't work and I tried each a few times.
    03-05-12 03:48 PM
    I have this problem trying to download any sort of large image. My specific case is wallpapers from Digital Blasphemy 3D Wallpaper: Widescreen, Dual-Screen, Triple-Screen, iPhone4, iPad, Droid, XBox360, PS3, HDTV Backgrounds (1080x1080 resolution, I believe). I also attempted to use an app called URLtoPDF to download a webpage this morning, and it only downloaded the first little bit.

The most tries I've gotten to for downloading any one image was 3, then I gave up and downloaded the from a PC and transferred them.

Oddly enough, I didn't have any issues grabbing a full-zoom pic from the F1 site just now. When I tried downloading one from Digital Blasphemy, that worked too!

I have taken to shutting down my playbook fully at night now, which seems to clear the working memory and perhaps even the cache. The last time I tried downloading a wallpaper I hadn't started that routine yet, merely turning the screen off at night. I'll try downloading another tonight, after using it all day.

Attached: pic I tried downloading last night that partialed.
    04-10-12 11:43 AM
    (fast idea, not tested yet). Your DL may be processed in the background. If the file is very heavy and your DL speed average; it may take a while. Then, if you open the file while it's not fully DLed, this may lead to read/write conflict and stop the DL.
    You may try to DL the image, then wait for a while (say 5 minutes) and the check again (either if the image is fully DL or if the "partial" part is bigger than before).

2 cents, no more
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 04-10-12 at 11:57 AM.
    04-10-12 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD