CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Can't open phone photos on playbook

I cannot open my phone photos on my playbook. When I ask it to open on playbook, the only thing that happens is the phone goes into remote control mode but no photo appears on my playbook.
    I am using a BOLD 9930
    Is this a problem for anyone else?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,639 Global Posts

Works on my 9800. Yes, my Torch goes into Remote Control mode. It takes a bit for the picture to appear on the PB since it transfers over BT. If you PB is in standby, this will not wake it up.
    --
    8800 (Retired), 9000 (Retired), 9800 (T-Mobile), PB64 WiFi, Droid 4 (VZW)
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Not in standby. I wait for quite sometime...nothing! Does anyone know of a fix?
    CrackBerry Genius

With the PB bridge tap the File Manager on the PB, there you would see your phone & media card. Tap on either one to open the folders.

Just tried it on my 9930 and it worked.

As an aside, what I found odd, was that I had entered my phone password to get to my photos (I just added a password to the phone the other day) and when I "opened on pb" the pb wanted my phone's password although I had just entered it on the phone (I guess security!)

Aside 2: Presenter Mode does not work for bbphone pictures???? Actually, it does not work for photos at all???? (I think that it worked partially on OS1 but now does not work at all??)

Sorry for the excursions of my mind!

So, you have the latest version of bridge on the phone? BT is active and they are paired (hmm, is this OPEN on separate than bridging?)
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by nogerd View Post
    I cannot open my phone photos on my playbook. When I ask it to open on playbook, the only thing that happens is the phone goes into remote control mode but no photo appears on my playbook.
    I am using a BOLD 9930
    Is this a problem for anyone else?
    Do you have encryption on for external memory card? I had the same issue. Got fixed when I removed the encryption setting.
    CrackBerry Genius

I can open pictures up on my PB from my 9860 with no troubles. It takes a couple seconds but not long really. I ve had pictures take longer to open on my pc.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    938 Global Posts

When it goes to the remote control, does it say "connecting..." Or your PlayBook's name? If it's stuck on connecting, reboot (I think the phone's the problem, but reboot both to be sure). If it's showing the PlayBook name, rebooting could still help though.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

It is media card encryption that is the problem. Thanks for all the help!

Quote Originally Posted by nogerd View Post
    It is media card encryption that is the problem. Thanks for all the help!
    Well, with any "luck" if you lose the pb and someone tries getting to your sd card data, they will try removing it while the battery is in and the card will jam and break, ala our Fearless Leader Kevin's trials and tribulations (although I don't think he broke his but others have). Once broken your data is secure!!!!