anyone on windows get their playbook to properly mount as a drive? i downloaded the latest desktop manager but i just hangs and it never mounts and it says failure to mount at some point.

also cant use wifi sharing.
    Last edited by tassadar898; 04-19-11 at 05:10 PM.
    04-19-11 04:52 PM
    doesnt work on the desktop software either? what gives?!
    04-19-11 05:14 PM
    anyone on windows get their playbook to properly mount as a drive? i downloaded the latest desktop manager but i just hangs and it never mounts and it says failure to mount at some point.

also cant use wifi sharing.
    Go into Explorer, Network, and using the 'Map a Network Drive' function, if you have proper settings for network connectivity on your Playbook, it should appear as a device. You can then navigate to the media directory and its sub-folders, and map it as a drive. I've mapped my Playbook as drive 'z:', and can drag/drop cut/paste files into it just like any other drive. Can also make nested directories, etc..

So it is definitely possible, but may require figuring out security settings, etc..
    04-19-11 06:39 PM
    try to plug it in your pc, open DM then hit the restart button on your pb. let it restart and it should be there. I had the same problem and its the only way for me to make it work. wifi does work but it slower....
    04-19-11 06:46 PM
    it only works as a network drive for me. First time i plugged it in it said the usb portion of the drivers didnt install properly, however the network portion did.

how can i get this thing to reinstall the drivers. The above method of restarting while connected didnt work for me.
    04-19-11 08:35 PM
    tried everything nothing works. i also cant even do wifi share having done all the settings. under Map Network Drive there is no playbook to be found even though its on the same router and with wifi sharing on.
    04-20-11 05:55 PM
    It works fine for me. All I do is plug the PB to the PC, then launch DM. The PB will show up as a drive to drag and drop files.
    04-20-11 06:05 PM
    Yes, It installed device driver and mounted as a drive on my PC. Easy Peasy.
    04-20-11 06:10 PM
    mine works great mounted the first time i plugged it in. though when i transfer a file over 2gb it drops off the network
    04-20-11 06:13 PM
    no problems here..have you made sure that Mass Storage is ON in the PB options?
    04-20-11 06:21 PM
    Connect your PB to your computer and if it gives you error in mounting drive, then open the device manager and there it will show drive mount with red arrow or something, click on it and select mount drive, it worked for me.
    04-20-11 06:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD