I inadvertently downloaded an .apk file from within a side loaded android app. I was able to delete the unwanted file, but continue weeks later to get a notification about the program in the upper left hand corner of my Playbook. Is there any way to get rid of it?
    06-11-12 01:14 PM
    You need to use a File Manager to locate delete the .apk files. I had that issue with a side loaded Newegg app that forced an update.
    06-11-12 01:19 PM
    I had this problem until I came upon the following in the Blackberry Tablet OS forum:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-703309/

Scroll down to the suggestion from SifJar.

Hope this helps you...
    Mr_Bunny likes this.
    06-11-12 01:48 PM
    You need to use a File Manager to locate delete the .apk files. I had that issue with a side loaded Newegg app that forced an update.
    Or, if you don't feel comfortable doing this, you should just do a wipe and restore based on a backup you did (hopefully) before installing the .apk.
    06-11-12 01:48 PM
    Or, if you don't feel comfortable doing this, you should just do a wipe and restore based on a backup you did (hopefully) before installing the .apk.
    A complete waste of time for what only needs to take 30 seconds, max. Download "Ghost Commander" from App World, open it, in the left pane select "Applications", find "Downloads", select "Shortcuts", tap the shortcut that appears, then when the Downloads app loads tick the box beside the failed download and choose to delete it.
    Last edited by SifJar; 06-11-12 at 02:08 PM.
    Barljo, Mr_Bunny, Creaulx and 3 others like this.
    06-11-12 01:57 PM
    You're getting the notification because, while you deleted the apk file, you didn't delete the shortcut that exists pointing to the file. Download Ghost Commander (free) from app world, then, as revlloy says, follow the instructions that sfjar gave in the linked thread. It'll take all of 30 seconds to do once you've installed Ghost Commander. It's a very good file manager to have, by the way.
    edit- Sifjar beat me to the punch.
    Barljo and thanghaimeow like this.
    06-11-12 01:57 PM
    Worked like a charm. Thank you all
    06-11-12 02:36 PM
    *takes off glasses* my god, I finally got rid of that stupid annoying notification. deleted the file long time ago which didn't actually do anything.

sweet victory
    06-11-12 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD