Cant get internet tethering to work with 9930
I cant get my Sprint 9930 to hook up with the internet tethering option on my PlayBook.
Any suggestions on what to do?
- CrackBerry User
02-21-13, 11:37 PM #6
- 64 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Tethering is not allowed on Sprint but is designed for non-BlackBerry phones anyway. Bridge does tethering and more. My PlayBook is using Bridge with my phone and the works like a champ when I don't have WiFi. So far, only 2 things don't work through Bridge - IMAP (don't know why), and BlackBerry World (because it can't differentiate between the PlayBook and the phone). Most apps and Web browsing work fine through Bridge.
- 02-22-13, 08:05 AM #8
Re: Cant get internet tethering to work with 9930
I think that tethering is designed to link non BlackBerry phones to the playbook so the phone can provide an internet connection for web browsing etc. as stated above, if you have a " bridged " blackberry phone, then it is also "tethered" and will provide internet access (if a data plan exists) as well as all the other great bridge functions.
hope this helps
If I use the tether bridge MIS it works pretty good with my 9930 and my laptop and they have a playbook option but it is so confusing.
if anyone wants to look at it in BBworld and see if you can make sence out of it i think it would help us all. TetherBridge MIS
- 02-25-13, 03:09 AM #10
Re: Cant get internet tethering to work with 9930perfectly
am sat on the train to victoria with the Playbook bridged to my BB Curve and internet access and all functions are working perfectly all the time the phone can get a signal
- By Pierrohhh in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 1Last Post: 11-28-08, 05:28 PM
- By Pierrohhh in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 11-28-08, 05:28 PM
- By ed-flip in forum BlackBerry ThemesReplies: 20Last Post: 10-21-08, 01:58 PM
- By chunj99 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 07-09-08, 03:50 PM
- By zetsubou in forum BlackBerry Pearl 8100Replies: 3Last Post: 09-09-07, 10:13 PM