So I already downloaded the bridge app on my Torch and it seemed to have paired properly with the Playbook. Bluetooth is turned on but when I go in the Blackberry Bridge area on the Playbook there are no icons for me to press. I can't get the icons on my phone to the PB even though it seemed to have connected already. Help please!! I am dying to use this properly.
    04-19-11 02:50 PM
    i have the same problem no fix yet. im on rogers with the latest os of the phone.

try to see if tethering is working mine does. so its got nothing to do with the bluetooth on either device. im going to exchange mine after work anyways cuz of a burnt pixel

im supposed to get a call back from rim tech support thursday. ill keep you posted
    04-19-11 02:57 PM
    i'm speaking to tech right now and we'll see if she can fix it for me. she said they were experiencing this problem a lot this morning. hope this works! although she doesn't seem like she knows what she's doing... she just keeps apologizing to me and putting me on hold.
    04-19-11 03:08 PM
    having the same problem as well ... be sure and get go instructions please
    04-19-11 03:17 PM
    Hope you get it figured out. Mine works flawlessly.
    04-19-11 03:19 PM
    I just rebooted my 9700 and it connected on start-up. But now I am afraid to separate them or disconnect the bridge for fear it won't reconnect.
    04-19-11 03:30 PM
    Ensure your blackberry isn't passworded.

I had the same problem "BlackBerry Bridge Disconnected" "Password does not match" etc, then an OK button that doesn't go away.

SO try removing device password and try bridge. Also, ensure you go under "Bluetooth" and delete the profile, delete it under phone as well, reboot both device and then do manual pairing.
    04-19-11 03:41 PM
    i'm speaking to tech right now and we'll see if she can fix it for me. she said they were experiencing this problem a lot this morning. hope this works! although she doesn't seem like she knows what she's doing... she just keeps apologizing to me and putting me on hold.
    same here and we were on the phone for 2 hours total, was transfered to 3 different techs, well see how it goes
    04-19-11 03:43 PM
    nope. my blackberry was never passworded. gah. i don't get this and support doesn't seem to be helping...
    04-19-11 04:04 PM
    If "passwording" the blackberry is a problem, then that coupled with the AT&T block and RIM has really wrecked their business model.
    If the idea is to go for corporate sales through CTOs and CIOs then not having AT&T support and not allowing passwords (most BES environments enforce passwords) will utterly kill them!
    04-19-11 04:07 PM
    its probably a problem between bridge and the OS version on the phone, i read in another post that someone downgraded his tour and it started to work ...
    04-19-11 04:11 PM
    tech didn't help.
    04-19-11 04:30 PM
    mine didn't work before. i made both discoverable and turned off my password on the bb. it works fine now for me.
    04-19-11 04:34 PM
    I had the same problem. If you're still initially setting it up, go ahead and skip past it. Once you're fully in the PlayBook, then turn off your PB bluetooth, then go to Options and then go to Bridge and attempt to initialize the pairing that way. It will ask if you want to turn on bluetooth and then it will search for your phone. Let me know where that gets you.
    04-19-11 04:45 PM
    we use BES to enforce a password, my storm 2 running a 5.0 hybrid gives me a password error and forces you to reboot when trying to bridge. I just tested a sprint bold 9650 not connected to our bes on official 6.0.0.415 and worked fine. Now i'm going to add the bold to our bes and see if it works, if it does that means it's the OS on my storm 2

Edit: The Bold 9650 on our BES with password enforced running the OFFICIAL 6.0 software worked. So the problem with mine is that i'm running a non official OS and that doesn't seem to like it.
    Last edited by manofice; 04-19-11 at 05:08 PM.
    04-19-11 04:57 PM
    I had the same problem. If you're still initially setting it up, go ahead and skip past it. Once you're fully in the PlayBook, then turn off your PB bluetooth, then go to Options and then go to Bridge and attempt to initialize the pairing that way. It will ask if you want to turn on bluetooth and then it will search for your phone. Let me know where that gets you.
    tried that just now. turned off blue tooth, went to bridge to initialize the pairing, asked me to turn bluetooth so i did. and still the same thing. no icons are appearing even though practically every screen tells me its connected.
    04-19-11 05:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD