I saved an mage from a website ... and now I cant find it anywhere? I did it three times just in case I made a mistake ... but I can't find it. It was a Jpeg file so there was nothing unusual about it.
    What have I done wrong?

Is there a search facility anywhere in the Playbook?I cant find one anywhere.

Thanks
    11-17-11 10:50 AM
    Download the FREE Air Browser from Appworld. Then look in the Download folder. Or connect to computer and EXPLORE to that folder (also wifi sharing is great - no wires required and the pb can be downstairs - see Shootsscores there are good aspects!)

Oh, thing - sometimes you do need to provide the jpg extension when saving. So look for that filename withtout the extension.
    kingzogofalbania likes this.
    11-17-11 11:38 AM
    i have air browser and stll cant find the files.
    however, i dont think i supplied the jepg extension ... does that mean i'll never find them?
    11-17-11 11:42 AM
    however, i dont think i supplied the jepg extension ... does that mean i'll never find them?
    1. Launch the web browser
    2. Navigate to the website and download the image again; save it with the .jpg extension as .jpeg is not supported.
    3. Swipe down from the top bezel to reveal the 'Downloads'
    4. Do you see the file listed?
    5a.If yes, launch Air Browser and navigate to the downloads subdirectory
    5b. If no, you have bigger problems at play
    kingzogofalbania likes this.
    11-17-11 11:58 AM
    To make you feel better- I had a few pics, and a small video that I had taken (all) with my PB..... nothing funky happened since the last time I saw them, they had all tags and could be easily located- and now they are all gone- just vanished into thin air. I do backup my PBs regularly so if I am that desperate I will have to do a restore; guess thats the only way to get them back......

I tell you electronic stuff can be really tricky sometimes, they happen to have a mind of their own (sometimes)
    11-17-11 12:26 PM
    i know what you did...

i did the exact same thing today...

you must have renamed the file...

example:
    original "playbook-wallpaper.jpg"
    re-named "playbook"

you forgot to put ".jpg" at the end. It will not save the file.

redownload it with the name "playbook.jpg"

it will be in your downloads folder.
    11-17-11 12:33 PM
    ah ...
    if it hadnt been saved, thats fine. i was afraid it had been saved but that id never find it.
    thanks
    11-17-11 12:37 PM
    Yes, just tried it again. I changed the name but left off the jpg. NO SAVE.

I then save it was presented - it downloaded and is in the Downloads folder.
    11-17-11 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD